This all seems to be hitting just right…maybe pressure and expectations actually works

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

It’s funny how signing a 33 year old tackle who hasn’t played a full season in nine years flipped the consensus view on this offseason from disastrous to awesome.

The Jets are a haven for washed up players to get their last big pay day just to get injured and not play.

GREAT JOB!

SUPER BOWL!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It’s funny how signing a 33 year old tackle who hasn’t played a full season in nine years flipped the consensus view on this offseason from disastrous to awesome.

AVT has missed a lot of games over last 2 years.  Is he done?

7 minutes ago, hawk said:

Joe Douglas has been a good GM, and has transformed this roster from what he inherited.  He is not the problem with this organization, and if the plan turn out differently, such as injuries, he will be critizied.  

The unfortunate reality, if the QB goes down 4 plays in, or the star guard tears his ACL / Achilles, or the promising rookie Tackle gets hurt, or the star studded RB loses a season to injury, the pitchfork crew will be out for his head.  

The end of the day, Douglas has done his job, and done it well.  

Check his record.

• Post of the Week 3

12 minutes ago, hawk said:

Joe Douglas has been a good GM, and has transformed this roster from what he inherited.  He is not the problem with this organization, and if the plan turn out differently, such as injuries, he will be critizied.  

The unfortunate reality, if the QB goes down 4 plays in, or the star guard tears his ACL / Achilles, or the promising rookie Tackle gets hurt, or the star studded RB loses a season to injury, the pitchfork crew will be out for his head.  

Douglas’ plan was and is sound….however the execution and results of that plan have had some really bad misses. But overall, I am a fan and think even good GMs have some massive misses. Let’s see him finish the job the rest of this free agency and draft.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

I realize there’s a lot of threads on this offseason but it really seems like our boy JD is responding to the pressure and expectations that have been made public. Maybe our boy Woodrow should take notice. Every year the expectation should be made public that we need to win…now. That’s the name of the game.

JD is having himself a big old offseason and I’m eager to see how our coaching staff coaches now that the cat is out of the bag that they have to win or they get canned.

But holy hell - so far so freaking good this offseason. 3 OL, a legit backup QB, more money to spend. Good job so far JD. Keep it up.

This was said last May too.....The Rodgers injury, fours plays into the season, was the killer..Four plays. Four

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Actually the consensus view of the whole offseason up to that point has been closer to awesome than the incessant whining coming from the usual suspects.  
This was just the icing 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

I realize there’s a lot of threads on this offseason but it really seems like our boy JD is responding to the pressure and expectations that have been made public. Maybe our boy Woodrow should take notice. Every year the expectation should be made public that we need to win…now. That’s the name of the game.

JD is having himself a big old offseason and I’m eager to see how our coaching staff coaches now that the cat is out of the bag that they have to win or they get canned.

But holy hell - so far so freaking good this offseason. 3 OL, a legit backup QB, more money to spend. Good job so far JD. Keep it up.

I agree.  I always make fun of "offseason champs" (and will continue to do so, btw!!!) but I definitely like the offseason we've had so far.  Obviously losing Huff hurt, but that mistake was more not re-signing him last offseason than it was trying to pay him this offseason.  At least we have IV in the pipeline and I think most of us think there's a potentially high ceiling there. 

But back to the point at hand.  The way JD has rebuilt this OL (even if Tyron Smith is a huge injury risk) before we've even hit the draft is very impressive.  And if add Mike Williams (even though I know he's coming off injury too), that would patch up all of the gaping holes before the draft.

4 hours ago, hawk said:

McCagnon has a better record….  JD is like teflon. However, emotion side, he’s terrible.  5 years and our Oline couldnt protect a baby.  NO QB, no back up QB, weak receiver corp, 2 major top 10 NYJ 1st round busts. Several piss poor FA busts and a record that supports his poor work. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, BP said:

The Jets are a haven for washed up players to get their last big pay day just to get injured and not play.

GREAT JOB!

SUPER BOWL!!

plenty of teams were in on him

settle down

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

You can just hear Duane Brown telling Tyron Smith:  "Listen Tyron, just say you are injured and your play at a low level will be deemed heroic.  You will be rewarded with a second year at the same money at which point you can play one quarter of the first game and fly off into the sunset with a nice fat severance courtesy of the NY Dumbassess...    

They know Woody is dumb as shlt.  

9 minutes ago, Plen T said:

plenty of teams were in on him

settle down

“Plenty of teams were in on this LT, yet he signed with the one that floated out a $6.5 mil guarantee…” is something you read quite often on NFL message boards

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

Check his record.

its not black and white like that. 

if you cant tell this is the best roster we have had in 14 years than i dont know what to tell you. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

its not black and white like that. 

if you cant tell this is the best roster we have had in 14 years than i dont know what to tell you. 

That’s something I see a lot of people post here in defense of Joe Douglas, and not only is it a low bar, it’s also kind of sad that he’s still patching things up on the OL 6 years in with old, oft injured FAs.

This team still has one of the worst WR groups in the NFL, and everything is hinging on a QB who is coming off a major injury in the season he turns 41yo playing like he did 3 years ago.

But yes, the defense is good.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, hawk said:

Which roster would you take?  

MacCagnans best roster or The New York Jets current roster.

Misses will happen to everyone.

Simple question.

I'll wait.

Misses…. ???  Misses?????   His misses are too numerous to count.  I dont get in debates about opinions and feelings , I leave that to women. I look at results.  His record sucks.  He has had 1 good draft just one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2