JetNation 2024 Mock Draft - Discussion

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I want the Jets to draft Hicks so badly.  Saleh would be salehvating profusely with Hicks here. A bigger hamilton.  Shooting up the boards I see. Good pick @Lith  

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-washington-state-s-jaden-hicks/

I know you don't want Bowers but this draft would be near S tier for me:  https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-jj-mccarthy-minnesota-vikings-bo-nix-denver-broncos-michael-penix-jr-las-vegas-raiders

Just now, Matt39 said:

Perhaps with the holiday we can press pause? Still a month before the real draft….dont need to rush. 

oh yes, we've already agreed to puase the clock tomorrow.  I guess we never posted that.  

People can still make picks though. Until they can't.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

oh yes, we've already agreed to puase the clock tomorrow.  I guess we never posted that.  

People can still make picks though. Until they can't.

Gotcha- thx. Good idea 

• Upvote 1

for Easter Sunday: 

the clock will pause tonight at midnight and resume Monday morning at 9 am.  But, any GM whose turn it is,  is free to make his pick.  We'll just keep going until we hit a GM who is unavailable.  So we should still be giving notice to others.  So instead of being "on the clock" literally, it is more like... you're up.

Suggestion: for those who are definitely out for tomorrow: 
send me, @Lith @New York Mick and @NYJetsVets91 a priority list later tonight of the players you would want tomorrow while you are enjoying your Easter.   I for one should be available most of the day and will keep it moving.  So, for those to whom this applies...   send me your list later tonight please. 

I'll be around the whole day.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

for Easter Sunday: 

the clock will pause tonight at midnight and resume Monday morning at 9 am.  But, any GM whose turn it is,  is free to make his pick.  We'll just keep going until we hit a GM who is unavailable.  So we should still be giving notice to others.  So instead of being "on the clock" literally, it is more like... you're up.

Suggestion: for those who are definitely out for tomorrow: 
send me, @Lith @New York Mick and @NYJetsVets91 a priority list later tonight of the players you would want tomorrow while you are enjoying your Easter.   I for one should be available most of the day and will keep it moving.  So, for those to whom this applies...   send me your list later tonight please. 

I'll be around the whole day.

Good idea. 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I want the Jets to draft Hicks so badly.  Saleh would be salehvating profusely with Hicks here. A bigger hamilton.  Shooting up the boards I see. Good pick @Lith  

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-washington-state-s-jaden-hicks/

Thanks.

Knew I wanted to pick a Safety early, but aside from Dejean, I don't think there is a R1 value.  Did not know much about Hicks until about a week ago.  Then after his pro day this week, I have seen analysts talking about him as potentially the top Safety in the class. Big, fast, perfect for the hybrid safety/lb role that the league seems to be moving toward.   I was happy to see him still there at 58.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sorry Everybody, today is flying by.

I was torn on Bullard.  I see our resident Bulldog elected to go elsewhere for that position.  I'm curious if he was your pick before the slight slide.  In a diff draft I also chose Hicks over him.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I was torn on Bullard.  I see our resident Bulldog elected to go elsewhere for that position.  I'm curious if he was your pick before the slight slide.  In a diff draft I also chose Hicks over him.  

Hicks fit more of what I was looking for for the Packers.  At 6'2", 210, he can be effective in the box and in a hybrid LB/S role.  I see Bullard as more of FS who has also played some slot, but he wouldn't fit the hybrid role that I think Hicks can handle.   I already picked Lassiter who I think can play a similar role to Bullard.

Besides, after picking Lassiter, I did not want to look too much like a homer by going Bulldog-Bulldog.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hicks fit more of what I was looking for for the Packers.  At 6'2", 210, he can be effective in the box and in a hybrid LB/S.  I see Bullard as more of FS who has also played some slot, but he wouldn't fit the hybrid role that I think Hicks can handle.   I already picked Lassiter who I think can play a similar role to Bullard.

Besides, after picking Lassiter, I did not want to look too much like a homer by going Bulldog-Bulldog.

You,, a homer? Perish the thought.😎

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

5 picks so far today....

Season 3 Sleeping GIF by The Simpsons

I just checked back at last year's draft and it took us 6 days to get to end of round 2 so looks like we're at pretty much the same pace this time round.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hicks fit more of what I was looking for for the Packers.  At 6'2", 210, he can be effective in the box and in a hybrid LB/S.  I see Bullard as more of FS who has also played some slot, but he wouldn't fit the hybrid role that I think Hicks can handle.   I already picked Lassiter who I think can play a similar role to Bullard.

it's the hybrid options - versatility for that plus his size that got me interested. Not overly worried about the concern for vertical speed since he seems to have good short burst acceleration/speed. 

2 minutes ago, Neilos said:

I just checked back at last year's draft and it took us 6 days to get to end of round 2 so looks like we're at pretty much the same pace this time round.

the real question is which one had more whining?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Once bitonti picks am I giving kdels a window to make his pick before starting the 3rd round? 

We skipped and then he came on made his pick.  All set to go

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Once bitonti picks am I giving kdels a window to make his pick before starting the 3rd round? 

Yes.  Kdels made his pick -late but he made it.  He has participated in these drafts for years and I never remember him holding things up before. Sometimes life gets in the way of our draft -- it happens. He gets his three hours.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1