JetNation 2024 Mock Draft - Discussion

2 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Not that mock drafts are ever 100% accurate, I have seen this more than not, where as many as 8 WRs go in the 1st round. In this one, in particular, Worthy goes to the Eagles at 22. Seen him as high as 15. 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-mock-draft-marvin-harrison-jr-offensive-tackles

As far as the others: 

Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas Jr, Franklin, Coleman, McConkey, Mitchell and obviously Worthy, have all been seen going in the 1st round. 

So? Since when has that mattered? GMs have been in the business of making bad decisions since they invented the draft. There’s a long list of names at WR who’ve been overdrafted, this year looks to honor that tradition 

to each their own, but I think your view of “best the nfl has seen in years” to be clinically insane. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

So? Since when has that mattered? GMs have been in the business of making bad decisions since they invented the draft. There’s a long list of names at WR who’ve been overdrafted, this year looks to honor that tradition 

to each their own, but I think your view of “best the nfl has seen in years” to be clinically insane. 

You a psych doctor ? Otherwise how do you diagnose me ?  😂 

4 hours ago, King P said:

I actually like the new method of skipping people and letting them pick whatever players are left whenever they get back on

But 2 in a row will be unacceptable.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

4 of the top 12 picks will be WR. Possibly up to 9 WRs in the 1st round. That’s all time. We will see. 

3 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

4 of the top 12 picks will be WR. Possibly up to 9 WRs in the 1st round. That’s all time. We will see. 

huge drop after top 3 I think. Top 3 gone early... well before 10 and 2 or 3 more bottom of rd 1. who is your 4th WR in top 12?

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

huge drop after top 3 I think. Top 3 gone early... well before 10 and 2 or 3 more bottom of rd 1. who is your 4th WR in top 12?

Brian Thomas Jr has the talent to be drafted top 10 and wouldn’t be shocked if the Jets took him at 10. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Brian Thomas Jr has the talent to be drafted too 10 and wouldn’t be shocked if the Jets took him at 10. 

So many out there who are so so down on him though.  projected late rd 1 as of now. Here's one of the more scathing comments I read:  Highlight reel of course is fantastic.  I'd need to watch entire game play by play zoomed on him to confirm any of it. Again, this is NOT my opinion. I'm the messenger.

Brian Thomas Jr. (LSU): You know, I still like to read WalterFootball.com's opinion of draft prospects. Here is what they said about Michael Thomas Jr: "In terms of size, speed, athleticism and upside, Thomas is probably second only to Marvin Harrison Jr. among the wide receiver prospects for the 2024 NFL Draft. In 2023, he recorded 68 catches for 1,177 yards and 17 touchdowns. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Thomas has mismatch size and is a fast wideout with the ability to challenge teams vertically. However, he lacks toughness, doesn’t run good routes, has dropped passes, and plays “finesse” for a big receiver. Thomas needs development time at the next level." And I'll be darned if I didn't see ALL of that on tape. From drops, to bad routes that are most noticeable to a fans eye in and out of breaks, to inconsistent effort, I could easily list three reasons why the xxxxs should not touch Brian Thomas Jr. And, to be clear, no, I don't want him. Not in any round. A case of Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase.....this is not. His speed, agility and big play ability for his size will try to lure you in. Don't fall for it.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So many out there who are so so down on him though.  projected late rd 1 as of now. Here's one of the more scathing comments I read:  Highlight reel of course is fantastic.  I'd need to watch entire game play by play zoomed on him to confirm any of it. Again, this is NOT my opinion. I'm the messenger.

I would take it seriously if he even got his name right 😂 

6’3” - 6’4”, 4.33 40, and the highest RAS score in LSU history, which happens to include Justin Jefferson and Ja’Marr Chase. I will live with him in the top 12. But we will see I guess. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Walter Football is also the guy that graded Justin Jefferson as, at best, a 2nd round pick and a #2 WR and ranked Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason, over Jalen Hurts. Just another hot take nobody, that knows little more than what you and I know. 

Last year analysts didn’t see the run on TEs in the early second round coming even though looking back on those players it was obvious. That’s gonna be DTs this year. It won’t happen on JN but in real life it will happen.

• Upvote 1

Also… What’s up guys? I was MIA because life has been happening fast in the last year but I’m happy I could get in on this draft. My big board is like 50 players this year instead of 250 but I’ll still probably win this again.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Walter Football is also the guy that graded Justin Jefferson as, at best, a 2nd round pick and a #2 WR and ranked Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason, over Jalen Hurts. Just another hot take nobody, that knows little more than what you and I know. 

He's a fan most likely because he is relating it back to a single team. He also trashes of Coleman. 

He's madly in love with Legette. But I like Legette a lot too.  I picked Thomas in a different mock at 27.  Reactions were mixed. I mean the guy has the build to be a true X.  But the guy I quoted is far from the only one out there who is down, some very down, on Thomas.  A lot of doubters. One of those High ceiling but low floor/bust potential. 

25 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Wlter football used to piss me off during the season due to their hatred and disdain for the Jets. But that has zero to do with their annual draft profiles. Their rankings are often off the beaten path but I like that.  It's good to see variance.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Also… What’s up guys? I was MIA because life has been happening fast in the last year but I’m happy I could get in on this draft. My big board is like 50 players this year instead of 250 but I’ll still probably win this again.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.j

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

@Beerfish nice job getting Coleman. I had been eyeing him as a replacement for Higgins. He didn’t run the 40 well, but he was clocked in the gauntlet at 22 mph and caught everything.

That as the thing, he looked good every game i saw last year, production fell off when the QB got hurt.

Ran a slow 40 time but was amazing in the drills as in going fast enough when doing 'football things.'

Just now, Beerfish said:

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.j

Sorry Beer but you can't possibly win the "contest" this year. You are drafting exceptionally well.  The Jets won't and you'll be way off what they really do.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I know you don't like Mitchell.  Where do you stand on Harrison as elite, generational. or top of this draft prospect? I assume you are expecting 4 to 6 to go in the first.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Sorry Beer but you can't possibly win the "contest" this year. You are drafting exceptionally well.  The Jets won't and you'll be way off what they really do.

You usually need lots of picks to win especially mid to later rounders, that is where you really make your points.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You usually need lots of picks to win especially mid to later rounders, that is where you really make your points.

Oh I thought it was about matching what your team does.  I really don't pay attention to it. If the Jets accomplis what we have so far, I will be a happier fan. Notwithstanding the imbecile in the room.