JetNation 2024 Mock Draft - Discussion

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

So many out there who are so so down on him though.  projected late rd 1 as of now. Here's one of the more scathing comments I read:  Highlight reel of course is fantastic.  I'd need to watch entire game play by play zoomed on him to confirm any of it. Again, this is NOT my opinion. I'm the messenger.

Totally agree with walt's concerns there. I've got back and forth on BTJ more than any WR i can recall. He does make some wicked highlight reel catches and athletically he checks out. tracks the ball well, goes up and high points it, etc... but when you watch all the plays, he's soft at times, has concentration drops, doesn't necessarily run a lot of routes. or play the DB well. Still a lot of game to develop there. I hate to be a GM and have to make that call in picks #20-30 

Also, agree that the drop off is significant after the first 3 WR

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Totally agree with walt's concerns there. I've got back and forth on BTJ more than any WR i can recall. He does make some wicked highlight reel catches and athletically he checks out. tracks the ball well, goes up and high points it, etc... but when you watch all the plays, he's soft at times, has concentration drops, doesn't necessarily run a lot of routes. or play the DB well. Still a lot of game to develop there. I hate to be a GM and have to make that call in picks #20-30 

Also, agree that the drop off is significant after the first 3 WR

In the other mock I told you about  I'm the Jets GM and it was Bowers or trade out.  Well I traded out of 10 for 27, 35 and 129.  Sounds good, right?

Well let me tell you the results.  At 27, the only remaining OTs even considerable were Jordan Morgan and Patrick Paul.  All 9 of these gone before 27: 

Joe Alt
Olumuyiwa Fashanu
Taliese Fuaga
JC Latham
Amarius Mims
Tyler Guyton

Graham Barton

Troy Fautanu

Jackson Powers-Johnson

I was dumbfounded.   So I took BTJ there.  And Jordan Morgan at 35. 

But the plan was to take a Tackle, Fautano, or Powers-J'son at 27 and then Legette at 35.  That was the plan and I still love it. But that list above is just incomprehensible.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

In the other mock I told you about  I'm the Jets GM and it was Bowers or trade out.  Well I traded out of 10 for 27, 35 and 129.  Sounds good, right?

Well let me tell you the results.  At 27, the only remaining OTs even considerable were Jordan Morgan and Patrick Paul.  All 9 of these gone before 27: 

Joe Alt
Olumuyiwa Fashanu
Taliese Fuaga
JC Latham
Amarius Mims
Tyler Guyton

Graham Barton

Troy Fautanu

Jackson Powers-Johnson

I was dumbfounded.   So I took BTJ there.  And Jordan Morgan at 35. 

But the plan was to take a Tackle, Fautano, or Powers-J'son at 27 and then Legette at 35.  That was the plan and I still love it. But that list above is just incomprehensible.

I flirted with a sympathy emoji there.  Particularly as someone that ended up getting stuck with Jordan Morgan at 30.

*Speaking to the press, I was thrilled that Jordan Morgan was still there.  He was our target all along.  Best tackle in the draft.  We thought about trading up but were elated when he was still there at 30.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The reason we took BJT is that after resigning Pittman, the Colts needed a guy who can come right away and stretch the field so Richardson has a true deep threat. Pittman is the clear#1 and they are solid in the slot. They are still waiting for Alec Pierce to get to be the guy they thought they were drafting. BJT can come in right away and make the defense adjust . He would be in a great system with a fantastic offensive mind as HC and would have time to refine his game. I liken him very much to when Wesley Walker came to the Jets. For 2 years or so he was pretty much a deep threat, but was able to become a complete WR. BJT has the chance to become a true#1.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

i will, but will need an hour to get some work off my plate

sending you what I suggested as a consensus pick for 32.  If you like it and no one else claims 49ers I'll go ahead and put in

We are putting in a consensus pick for the 49ers at 31.  Fills one of their needs and corresponds to other mocks.

If no one new claims 49ers over the next several hours, then @Paradis will take over with the 49ers 2d rd pick.

It would be good if someone new joins.  Always need new blood.

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I know you don't like Mitchell.  Where do you stand on Harrison as elite, generational. or top of this draft prospect? I assume you are expecting 4 to 6 to go in the first.

Harrison is (to me) probably worth something like an "elite" label by virtue of his high floor and already evident natural ability to play the position - but it does feel mailed in a bit. I would put him the Chase level... generational? ...eh, not sure about that. He's not in the Calvin or even Julio/Green department, for me 

I'd guess 4... I don't have more than 3 WRs with 1st round grades, but to me, 5-6 would be a testament to "we never learn" syndrome, 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

You mentioned having sex with my mother in one of your posts.  I believe that would make you a younger-than-me stepdad (if you do the honorable thing and marry the old gal).

Either way, I'll be polite at our holiday gatherings but I don't have to like you.  Just pass the mashed potatoes and shut up about how great you think you are at computer football. 

Is @Paradis related to SAR?  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

@Lith Thank you JD.😁 Nice pick.

I always try to take a Dawg at some point in our draft.  Often it is a 7th rounder that I grab, but in this case value seemed to meet need.  Lassiter probably translates better in the slot than an outside corner at the NFL, but Packers have a bigger need at nickel.  One red flag is his 40 time -- there was some debate as to what he ran at Pro Day -- some scouts had him in the 4.6s and others in the 4.5s.  I think he is solid in both man and zone, ball skills aren't great, but he is one of those punch the ball out guys at the end of plays.  And he was one of the leaders of our defense. 

I am happy with the pick here.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

I always try to take a Dawg at some point in our draft.  Often it is a 7th rounder that I grab, but in this case value seemed to meet need.  Lassiter probably translates better in the slot than an outside corner at the NFL, but Packers have a bigger need at nickel.  One red flag is his 40 time -- there was some debate as to what he ran at Pro Day -- some scouts had him in the 4.6s and others in the 4.5s.  I think he is solid in both man and zone, ball skills aren't great, but he is one of those punch the ball out guys at the end of plays.  And he was one of the leaders of our defense. 

I am happy with the pick here.

I was thinking you were targeting the guy who went one pick in front of you. Maybe shouldn't have used targeting when talking D backs.😁

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Harrison is (to me) probably worth something like an "elite" label by virtue of his high floor and already evident natural ability to play the position - but it does feel mailed in a bit. I would put him the Chase level... generational? ...eh, not sure about that. He's not in the Calvin or even Julio/Green department, for me 

I'd guess 4... I don't have more than 3 WRs with 1st round grades, but to me, 5-6 would be a testament to "we never learn" syndrome, 

I don't think it is just "we never learn."  I think the cycle is for more WRs to go high because they are adapting quickly, seem to translate and you can get something for them at the end of their deal if they want more than you want to spend.  Somebody like Hollywood Brown was only a modest success and still net a 1st with only a year and the option left on his contract.  I also think the dearth of higher level guys last year has people bumping up this crop.  There was a lot of "wait until MHJ" last year.  Sort of like the 2018 QB class.  Then again, I guess that probably does fall into the "we never learn" syndrome.

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

I was thinking you were targeting the guy who went one pick in front of you. Maybe shouldn't have used targeting when talking D backs.😁

At first I scratched my head at this post -- what does the Arizona baseball team have to do with anything.  Then I realized what you meant; maybe my brain is in Opening Day mode, even if we have to wait until tomorrow.

Part of the appeal of a guy like Lassiter is he offers a lot of flexibility.  Has played nickel and outside, and probably could play some safety as well at some point.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

At first I scratched my head at this post -- what does the Arizona baseball team have to do with anything.  Then I realized what you meant; maybe my brain is in Opening Day mode, even if we have to wait until tomorrow.

Part of the appeal of a guy like Lassiter is he offers a lot of flexibility.  Has played nickel and outside, and probably could play some safety as well at some point.  

I think that is part of the changing NFL that I have had trouble embracing.  <shakes fist at clouds>  These types of guys often play what used to be considered a safety or nickel role.  That is a starter now.  I look at Lassiter as a nice fit for a similar role to what Joyner was supposed to bring to the Jets.  Traditional safeties like Jamal are now primarily being drafted more for a hybrid LB role.  LB are becoming more like FBs.  Kind of phased out.  We went from 3 or 4 on the field every down to 1 or 2 - and some of those being either what we used to consider S or DE.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

You mentioned having sex with my mother in one of your posts.  I believe that would make you a younger-than-me stepdad (if you do the honorable thing and marry the old gal).

Either way, I'll be polite at our holiday gatherings but I don't have to like you.  Just pass the mashed potatoes and shut up about how great you think you are at computer football. 

Go Ahead Yes GIF

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

You mean, is he also sleeping with SAR's mother?  He better not!

My mom would be devastated. 

no no no...  nvm  it was a long time ago on JI not on JN.  

But nobody here should ever make sexual comments about another member's daughter. He's not missed.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

wow, i had no idea we had so many vulnerable men in here... 

Current look in at JN at the mock draft discussion 

images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/595bdfa4414f...

Our lives our filled with stupid drama and sh*t, filled.

So when we get a chance for a nice diversion from stupid drama and sh*t I personally like it and feel people that keep dragging it in are the the drama queens.  You are bickering like a woman would biker and then accusing us of being 'vulnerable'   😎