JetNation 2024 Mock Draft - Discussion

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our lives our filled with stupid drama and sh*t, filled.

So when we get a chance for a nice diversion from stupid drama and sh*t I personally like it and feel people that keep dragging it in are the the drama queens.  You are bickering like a woman would biker and then accusing us of being 'vulnerable'   😎

What? This is a mock draft discussion thread. I shared some thoughts about some draft picks and here we are two days and two pages later, and I’m still fending off reverberations. If this thread isn’t in earnest about discussing selections and challenging decisions,, then what are we doing here? Actually, never mind. Floor is yours.

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Keon Coleman is a good candidate to keep the Jets 2nd round bust train at WR going.

We feel good about Keon, we were suprised he was still there and felt we had to go up and get him.

We were all on board with the pick and you could hear the excitement in the young mans voice as he was talking to Robert on the phone.

It's a process and we feel very comfortable in drafting him.  We are excited to get him into the building for our off season program  and getting him working with Aaron and Nathaniel.

(Was that a could job of being Joe Douglas?)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We feel good about Keon, we were suprised he was still there and felt we had to go up and get him.

We were all on board with the pick and you could hear the excitement in the young mans voice as he was talking to Robert on the phone.

It's a process and we feel very comfortable in drafting him.  We are excited to get him into the building for our off season program  and getting him working with Aaron and Nathaniel.

All you forgot was that he will be a great addition to our WR room.😁

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I'm not a huge fan of Bo Nix as a QB but fantastic value for @King P getting him at #47, he will probably go much higher in the real draft.

That was my exact thought process. The value of Bo at 47 was too good to pass up on if I couldn't trade out of that spot.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I watch FSU a lot and he has a few red flags including speed and not catching the ball if he’s in traffic, he doesn’t play to his size. He’ll make a great play then follow with a set of nothing. High risk high reward. With the way the WR came off the board he was a good pick. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It seems the last few years things get off to a super slow pace but really pick up in later rounds when people often have multiple picks in a round.

Wait until Easter Sunday.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It seems the last few years things get off to a super slow pace but really pick up in later rounds when people often have multiple picks in a round.

It picks up in the later rounds because there are fewer trades and we cut the clock to two hours.  I never remember it going this slowly, though.

Just now, JustInFudge said:

My bad gang....sorry to slow this down....legit didnt see the @ and didnt check the thread this morning.

Hold tight, again, my bad.

Nobody was singling you out.  The draft has been slow this year well before you got on the clock.  No worries.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Lith said:

It picks up in the later rounds because there are fewer trades and we cut the clock to two hours.  I never remember it going this slowly, though.

So many GM looking to trade down or up. I’ve made a few offers to move up but later backed off as the draft played out. The next two rounds will grab some good value.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Nobody was singling you out.  The draft has been slow this year well before you got on the clock.  No worries.

Meh, I should have checked.  I blame my toddler waking up at 12:30am and screaming for 6 straight hours.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

NOOOOOO! I’ve been sitting on Fisk all night! Great pick…. Blew it up at the combine. Back to the lab.

Yeah, I love him for the Jags.  Both lines were super weak, DL especially.  He brings energy, attitude, production and talent.

Honestly wouldnt be shocked if he went 1st RD.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Yeah, I love him for the Jags.  Both lines were super weak, DL especially.  He brings energy, attitude, production and talent.

Honestly wouldnt be shocked if he went 1st RD.

He will Did you see his numbers? Athletic freak. He will be a great player.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

He will Did you see his numbers? Athletic freak. He will be a great player.

Sure did but I also watched him make complete messes of games.  Especially after Jordan went down and they were relying on the D to win. A lot of what Verse was able to do, was because Fiske was a monster on the inside demanding double teams.  He was also clutch, seemingly always making a big play when the D/team needed it most.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Sure did but I also watched him make complete messes of games.  Especially after Jordan went down and they were relying on the D to win. A lot of what Verse was able to do, was because Fiske was a monster on the inside demanding double teams.  He was also clutch, seemingly always making a big play when the D/team needed it most.

He can play anywhere on the D line. He was very close to be my pick, but had to get. CB for Colts. Had Rakestraw and Tampa even on my board, and when Rakestraw went, had to get Tampa.

7 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Yeah I like Fiske a lot.  Was holding out hope the Jets could nab him in the 3rd when the actual draft rolls around, but that's starting to look like an impossibility.  

Could very easily be 1st interior DL to go off the board.

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Could very easily be 1st interior DL to go off the board.

That would surprise me but anything is possible if one GM likes a prospect enough.  I still like Newton more than any other DT prospect in this draft.  I'd still probably lean Murphy over Fiske, but he wouldn't be too far off that point.  Gotta remember too though, Fiske will be 25 by the end of his rookie season.  I wouldn't really care about his age if he's on the board in the 2nd, or especially the 3rd, but in the 1st that would be a tough sell if these other guys are available.  

• Upvote 1