JetNation 2024 Mock Draft - Discussion

pretty happy with my draft for the Cowboys so far.  

got a WR2 for next to Lamb.  got 2 starting o-linemen (OT and OC).  got a ILB to replace VanderEsch.

only need i've missed out on so far is RB - that's a problem.

• Upvote 2

On 4/5/2024 at 5:01 PM, section314 said:

@NYJetsVets91 are you guys gonna have enough $ to sign all these picks?😁

Yea ahhhhhh the sound of the 80's

we're talking about money

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Punter from Iowa?  Amazed his leg did not fall off with their offense the last few years.

He's had ample opportunity to put together some tape.. Also probably has something to do with why he's the all time leader in total punt yards in a season in the NCAA. 😉

• Upvote 1

The mid to late part of this draft has been a Greek Tragedy for the Jets.

In two successive rounds the player that was my #1 target for the pick coming up was selected 1 pick before mine.

@Paradis just sniped the steal WR I have been counting on taking about 2 picks from now.  West coast bastard that he is.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

In two successive rounds the player that was my #1 target for the pick coming up was selected 1 pick before mine.

@Paradis just sniped the steal WR I been counting on taking about 2 picks from now.  West coast bastard that he is.

The art of bowing

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, bitonti said:

Bitonio 

Bortolini 

Anyone in that name area is very much on my radar 

how i met your mother italy GIF

yeah... but I thouoght you aren't allowed to eat tortolini.  At least you can draft one.  Good pick.

• Haha 1

Completed Draft:  Chicago Bears @maury77

1 1 1 3000 CHI Bears Maury77 Caleb Williams QB USC  
9 1 9 1350 CHI Bears Maury77 Jared Verse EDGE Florida State  
75 3 11 215 CHI Bears Maury77 Calen Bullock S USC  
122 4 22 50 CHI Bears Maury77 Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn  

• Upvote 3

Completed draft:  KC Chiefs  @Jdeet

21 1 21 800 KC Chiefs Jdeet Xavier Worthy WR Texas From NO via Mia
95 3 31 120 KC Chiefs Jdeet Matt Goncalves OT Pittsburgh  
118 4 18 58 KC Chiefs Jdeet Cedric Gray LB North Carolina From Sea via Was
131 4 31 41 KC Chiefs Jdeet Josh Newton CB TCU  
168 5 33 24.2 KC Chiefs Jdeet Tyler Davis DT Clemson From NO
173 5 38 22.2 KC Chiefs Jdeet Javion Cohen OG Miami (Fla.)  
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

@Paradis just sniped the steal WR I have been counting on taking about 2 picks from now.  West coast bastard that he is.

Flournoy?  He tested really well.  Great broad jump.  Decent size.  I don't think his arms are very long, but he has huge hands.   Nice receiving prospect.  At this point in the draft I am also thinking about them as gunners. 

• Upvote 1

So who are the kick returners in this draft ? With the new rule they may go higher than previous years. 

I don’t trust Gipson. He put the ball on the ground like 3 times last year. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, section314 said:

The Colts and Jets have agreed to a trade. The Colts are acquiring pick 185 for picks 191 and 234. Beerfish will confirm when he comes on the site due to 2 hour lag out west. Mods @Lith @Dcat @New York Mick and @NYJetsVets91 please confirm. Pick is in.

I was all ready to make my Cards pick.  until you traded up and sniped my TE.  

I seem to get sniped in rds 6 or 7 every year.  Nicely done.  I didn't pplan on a back up so give me a few to figure out this pick.  Sorry,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

So who are the kick returners in this draft ? With the new rule they may go higher than previous years. 

I don’t trust Gipson. He put the ball on the ground like 3 times last year. 

I think Xavier Worthy can be a solid kick returner.  Returned punts for Texas, but I would imagine he will get a look as a kick returner with his speed.  Tyrone Tracy, RB from Purdue is another guy who returned kicks this past season -- and for him ST may be his way to a roster this year.  Ainias Smith, Texas A&M is another guy with experience returning kicks and punts.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think Xavier Worthy can be a solid kick returner.  Returned punts for Texas, but I would imagine he will get a look as a kick returner with his speed.  Tyrone Tracy, RB from Purdue is another guy who returned kicks this past season -- and for him ST may be his way to a roster this year.  Ainias Smith, Texas A&M is another guy with experience returning kicks and punts.

Thanks !    These guys should be very popular 

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

It’s probably water under the bridge now, but I’m still shocked we never tried Ashton Davis in that role. 

Completed Draft: New York Giants  @King P

6 1 6 1600 NYG Giants King P Rome Odunze WR Washington
47 2 15 430 NYG Giants King P Bo Nix QB Oregon
70 3 6 240 NYG Giants King P Trey Benson RB Florida State
107 4 7 80 NYG Giants King P Theo Johnson TE Penn State
166 5 31 25 NYG Giants King P Kamal Hadden CB Tennessee
183 6 7 18.2 NYG Giants King P Dominique Hampton S Washington
  • Upvote 3

Aha!  @WhartonJet you ****!  I was totally picking Carlies with my next selection.  I had actually planned to take him at #165 but I let seeing that dipsh*t Kiper saying Bub Means would go in the 4th influence me into taking my 6th round receiver way too early.  It will be interesting if either of my next two choices get picked.  I figured all were 6th or later, including Carlies.  I think Carlies is a nice choice for Kam Chancellor style S or the new dimebacker switch to LB.  Should be a plus special teamer while you try to develop him.

• Upvote 2

• Lith unpinned this topic