JetNation 2024 Mock Draft - Discussion

20 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I knew you wanted Fashanu but me like Mims better. 

I like mims as well as well as another guy who has not been picked yet, as you say I liked Fashanu the best.  I'll be happy if the real jets draft any of a half dozen olineman round 1/2

• Upvote 1

Well, I don’t pick again until round 4. Looking over the offense at this point… 

Oneill has a huge cap hit. He either restructures or goes and Fautanu takes his spot. Gotta clear up cap to pay Justin Jefferson.

I feel good about Sam bridging to JJ. This is a good OL, they’ll be able to pound the ball with these 2 RB.

QB: Darnold, JJ McCarthy, Mullens, Hall

OL: Darrishaw, Fautanu, Bradbury, Ingram, Oneill

WR: Jefferson, Addison, Powell

TE: Hockenson

RB: Aaron Jones, Ty Chandler

• Upvote 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Well, I don’t pick again until round 4. Looking over the offense at this point… 

Oneill has a huge cap hit. He either restructures or goes and Fautanu takes his spot. Gotta clear up cap to pay Justin Jefferson.

I feel good about Sam bridging to JJ. This is a good OL, they’ll be able to pound the ball with these 2 RB.

QB: Darnold, JJ McCarthy, Mullens, Hall

OL: Darrishaw, Fautanu, Bradbury, Ingram, Oneill

WR: Jefferson, Addison, Powell

TE: Hockenson

RB: Aaron Jones, Ty Chandler

Looks like you’ll have a top 5 pick next year 😁

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Bah.  Everyone in the house is sick.  I had some trade discussions, but realize I am kind of a difficult trading partner.  I really was hoping Mims or Guyton would slide and probably should have done a small move up.  My top targets after them were Chop, Fautanu, Latu and McKinstry, so I end up taking a guy I don't have much feeling for.  Most of the other guys I like would have probably been reaches there.  I actually also had hope for Cooper DeJean, but Shane took him off the board way early.  I probably should have just reached.  AD MItchell had that list on it.  Well, back to bed.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Bah.  Everyone in the house is sick.  I had some trade discussions, but realize I am kind of a difficult trading partner.  I really was hoping Mims or Guyton would slide and probably should have done a small move up.  My top targets after them were Chop, Fautanu, Latu and McKinstry, so I end up taking a guy I don't have much feeling for.  Most of the other guys I like would have probably been reaches there.  I actually also had hope for Cooper DeJean, but Shane took him off the board way early.  I probably should have just reached.  AD MItchell had that list on it.  Well, back to bed.

Feel better bud🙏

• Upvote 3

@choon328 your pick is due at noon. 

If you do not pick by then, you will be skipped and @kdels62 will go on the clock.  You can make your pick at anytime from remaining available players.  This is a change from prior years which we experimented with last year that worked well.  Mods are no longer making picks when a pick is missed.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

DeJean won't get past Eagles

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

@choon328 your pick is due at noon. 

If you do not pick by then, you will be skipped and @kdels62 will go on the clock.  You can make your pick at anytime from remaining available players.  This is a change from prior years which we experimented with last year that worked well.  Mods are no longer making picks when a pick is missed.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9521q906zo94xldc3jzqpa

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

DeJean won't get past Eagles

Just to double quote the same post, @T0mShane do you see DeJean as a corner, a safety, a both, or a whatever he settles in as?  Interesting that you listed him as "DB."  I know that you only drafted him because of that huge hole the Seahawks have cutting Jamal, but still. . .

Catching up on some picks—

JJ still finds his way to the Vikings, Nelios with a nice snag of QM, and bowers to Miami isn’t fair. 

also, iffy selections at WR imo. I doubt that many are taken in rnd1

25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Catching up on some picks—

JJ still finds his way to the Vikings, Nelios with a nice snag of QM, and bowers to Miami isn’t fair. 

also, iffy selections at WR imo. I doubt that many are taken in rnd1

A lot of teams need WRs so there could be a lot taken sooner then their worth. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Just to double quote the same post, @T0mShane do you see DeJean as a corner, a safety, a both, or a whatever he settles in as?  Interesting that you listed him as "DB."  I know that you only drafted him because of that huge hole the Seahawks have cutting Jamal, but still. . .

I’m sticking him at safety and letting him be Kyle Hamilton, but athletic. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_BD_0bL-1B2QItzO_IPi
Hamilton was recently voted First Team All-Pro, alongside fellow Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson and linebacker Roquan Smith, but it didn't come as much of a surprise to him. "I've always felt that I've had the ability to succeed at a high level," Hamilton said.

We always seem to have a day like this -- 5 hours and no picks. 

Please remember to send a PM to the 4 mods if you see your pick is coming up and you know you will be offline -- give us enough choices in order of preference so we can keep the draft moving.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

A lot of teams need WRs so there could be a lot taken sooner then their worth. 

Yup. I also didn’t think any of the WRs taking were reaches. 6-8 WRs seems possible in the real draft.

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Please remember to send a PM to the 4 mods if you see your pick is coming up and you know you will be offline -- give us enough choices in order of preference so we can keep the draft moving.

This is as brutal as watching Tim Boyle run the 2 minute offense. Or Zack. Or Simien.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sorry, I’m making my pick shortly.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

oh he is wherever Fangio wants him so I would expect a lot of roaming.  A helll of a lot. Fangio & DeJean  a perfect fit.  He loves that movement after starting 2 high.    

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Funny, but that would truly be the best for him.  Let him roam. Eagles are salivating I'll bet. For that new Fangio defense.  Half or more of their DB room going to be cut before season.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Lith said:

wait... possibly 2 skips in a row?