Possible trades in Round 1 that will reshape the draft.

At first, I thought the first 5 picks were set in stone with NO trades.  Caleb to Bears, Daniels to Wash, Maye to Pats, Marvin Jr to Ari, and Nabers to SD.  BUT, there has been a lot of clammoring by NE to trade down to get extra picks. Teams like the Vikes, Raiders, Broncos being the 3 teams most in need of a QB. Of course, it will cost a virtual fortune but we have seen it happen before. But why would NE trade out? They desperately need a QB and Maye looks like he'd be a great fit there. But NE roster has tons of needs. Possible trade 50%. Ari has chance to get the best WR in a decade but again has numerous needs Trade 40%.  SD did away with their best 2 WR's. Herbert needs weapons. Harbaugh has said he'd have to be overwhelmed to trade out. Trade 20%.  Giants need a WR badly but also have so many needs and a losuy roster. Trade 60%  Titans need OL help badly. Alt more than likely will be there.  Trade 10%. Falcons need defense. Either a CB or edge and some really good ones there so they can trade out and still get an impact player Trade 50%. Bears have many picks and are in a great positon to take BPA on their list or trade out and keep adding to their roster.  Trade 40%.  Jets lack picks and have 2 prevailing needs - Tackle and WR.  Trade down unless Odunze is there.  Vikings need a QB and have made moves to get into 1st round with 2 picks 11 & 23.  They will trade up somewhere to take Maye if he is available or Mccarthy. Probably with Giants as it wouldnt cost as much.  I can see Broncos and Raiders tradinng up as well since they are desperate for a franchise QB.  So who trades up and where and to take who? 

I'd trade down if I was the Titans. Sure Alt looks great but you could likely get 2 really good pieces to add to Skoronski.

Will there be a QB worth taking at #7? Maybe Maye or McCarthy fall. Denver will be desperate. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

At first, I thought the first 5 picks were set in stone with NO trades.  Caleb to Bears, Daniels to Wash, Maye to Pats, Marvin Jr to Ari, and Nabers to SD.  BUT, there has been a lot of clammoring by NE to trade down to get extra picks. Teams like the Vikes, Raiders, Broncos being the 3 teams most in need of a QB. Of course, it will cost a virtual fortune but we have seen it happen before. But why would NE trade out? They desperately need a QB and Maye looks like he'd be a great fit there. But NE roster has tons of needs. Possible trade 50%. Ari has chance to get the best WR in a decade but again has numerous needs Trade 40%.  SD did away with their best 2 WR's. Herbert needs weapons. Harbaugh has said he'd have to be overwhelmed to trade out. Trade 20%.  Giants need a WR badly but also have so many needs and a losuy roster. Trade 60%  Titans need OL help badly. Alt more than likely will be there.  Trade 10%. Falcons need defense. Either a CB or edge and some really good ones there so they can trade out and still get an impact player Trade 50%. Bears have many picks and are in a great positon to take BPA on their list or trade out and keep adding to their roster.  Trade 40%.  Jets lack picks and have 2 prevailing needs - Tackle and WR.  Trade down unless Odunze is there.  Vikings need a QB and have made moves to get into 1st round with 2 picks 11 & 23.  They will trade up somewhere to take Maye if he is available or Mccarthy. Probably with Giants as it wouldnt cost as much.  I can see Broncos and Raiders tradinng up as well since they are desperate for a franchise QB.  So who trades up and where and to take who? 

kevin hart GIF

Can I get some spacing?

50% for New England?  No.

Elliot Wolf has said they are 'open for business'.  He also intimated that it would take the proverbial 'bag' to give up the pick.  Phil Perry speculated a proverbial bag from Minnesota would be those two picks, their young LT (Darrisaw?) and at least one future first round pick.   After all, you are drafting a QB with more upside than any QB not named Caleb.  I would hate that deal as a Viking fan.

I would place Arizona, Chargers and Giants in the same bucket with the Vikings as a dance partner.  11 and 23 can address needs.  Who is going to try and milk that cow the least?  I am going Chargers.  Harbaugh gets Herbert a WR at 11 and fills some other need at 23.  

After that, maybe the Bears trade back a couple of spaces for a QB needy team like Denver.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Minnesota will be trading with San Diego. They are afraid of the Giants taking J.J. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

kevin hart GIF

Can I get some spacing?

Elliot Wolf has said they are 'open for business'.  He also intimated that it would take the proverbial 'bag' to give up the pick.  Phil Perry speculated a proverbial bag from Minnesota would be those two picks, their young LT (Darrisaw?) and at least one future first round pick.   After all, you are drafting a QB with more upside than any QB not named Caleb.  I would hate that deal as a Viking fan.

I would place Arizona, Chargers and Giants in the same bucket with the Vikings as a dance partner.  11 and 23 can address needs.  Who is going to try and milk that cow the least?  I am going Chargers.  Harbaugh gets Herbert a WR at 11 and fills some other need at 23.  

After that, maybe the Bears trade back a couple of spaces for a QB needy team like Denver.

I think the Pats are playing it both smart and safe if they trade down.  Unless they love the QB, they can really load up for a rebuild (for the type of team Jerod Mayo wants to build) by trading down.

If these JJ McCarthy to the Bears rumors are true, btw, it's not inconceivable that Caleb falls to the Pats at #3.  They should be able to increase their asking price if that happens.  Though they still might be able to increase their asking price if Jayden Daniels falls to them (should they not take him).

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

kevin hart GIF

Can I get some spacing?

I previously posted Vikings would have to give up 4 1st rounders to move up to three and not sue thats even allowed.  

1 hour ago, Neilos said:

I'd trade down if I was the Titans. Sure Alt looks great but you could likely get 2 really good pieces to add to Skoronski.

Will there be a QB worth taking at #7? Maybe Maye or McCarthy fall. Denver will be desperate. 

Dont see it/ Alt is a beast and there has been ZERO talk to move away from him. 

41 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Dream scenario all 6 QB’s go top 9.

Dont see that happenning.  Once McCarthy goes off the board, Broncos, Raiders wait it out as thier pick is now closer to getting Penix or Nix.  

More than a few prognosticators have the Giants not only drafting a QB, but trading up to #4 to take a QB. The Chargers have 9 picks already, but Jim Harbaugh is the kind of guy who’ll want to reshape the organization in his image in short order, and getting himself a package that includes a 2025 first rounder would be helpful in that regard. Those two teams have the largest effect on the Jets because they both could be targeting WRs. If the Vikings trade up to #4, that probably sends a WR the Giants way for sure. If the Vikings don’t move, the Jets are in a great position to trade back with them, Denver, or Oakland for their QB pick. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

More than a few prognosticators have the Giants not only drafting a QB, but trading up to #4 to take a QB. The Chargers have 9 picks already, but Jim Harbaugh is the kind of guy who’ll want to reshape the organization in his image in short order, and getting himself a package that includes a 2025 first rounder would be helpful in that regard. Those two teams have the largest effect on the Jets because they both could be targeting WRs. If the Vikings trade up to #4, that probably sends a WR the Giants way for sure. If the Vikings don’t move, the Jets are in a great position to trade back with them, Denver, or Oakland for their QB pick. 

What the chargers do impacts the jets it seems, b/c if they take alt and Tenn takes fashanu and another team trades up for mccarthy that’s the best chance for a wr to fall to 10.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Theyve invested so much in Daniel Jones. But what has he really done for them.  This makes a ton of sense.  NE is is an very unique situation. They desperatley nned a QB. But they need to relpenish that roster as well..  New GM could just say screw it i'm making a splash trade.  The Giants could trade with Pats and wouldnt have to wait until pick 11 to get an impact player. Wow so many ping pong effects will take place after that 1st trade.    

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What the chargers do impacts the jets it seems, b/c if they take alt and Tenn takes fashanu and another team trades up for mccarthy that’s the best chance for a wr to fall to 10.  

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If the Vikings trade to #4 for the fourth QB, that takes Arizona out of grabbing a WR before us. So then NYG and LAC take WRs, Atlanta and Chicago don’t, and WR #3 is there at #10. 

Problem is that Chicago is ripe for a trade down, but the good news is that it could be Vegas trying to get ahead of Denver for QB #5 that trades up. 

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

1 Chi Caleb - 2 Wash Daniels - 3 Ne Maye - 4 Ari Marvin - 5 SD Alt - 6 NY Nabers 7 - Tenn Fashanua - 8 Atl trades Minn Mccarthy - 9 Chi ? Odunze would be there for Chicago or Atl stay with the pick Turner. and at 9 Minn trades with Chi for Mccarthy. Then Odunze is there at 10 for Jets!

3 minutes ago, slats said:

If the Vikings trade to #4 for the fourth QB, that takes Arizona out of grabbing a WR before us. So then NY and LAC take WRs, Atlanta and Chicago don’t, and WR #3 is there at #10. 

Problem is that Chicago is ripe for a trade down, but the good news is that it could be Vegas trying to get ahead of Denver for QB #5 that trades up. 

Problem with that is Chicago just drafted a QB and you know they want to give him a weapon. And Odunze is a top 8 player. He is going to Chicago. I would be shocked if they don't draft him at 9.  

28 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Dont see it/ Alt is a beast and there has been ZERO talk to move away from him. 

The fact that no one is talking about it makes it more probable in my mind. This is bs season, mis information everywhere and yet all you hear is Alt to the Titans.

3 minutes ago, slats said:

If the Vikings trade to #4 for the fourth QB, that takes Arizona out of grabbing a WR before us. So then NYG and LAC take WRs, Atlanta and Chicago don’t, and WR #3 is there at #10. 

Arizona has been VERY QUIET in a trade back. They have Marvin sitting there like a golden goose in the Phoenix sun.  Something may be stirring in the night.

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Problem with that is Chicago just drafted a QB and you know they want to give him a weapon. And Odunze is a top 8 player. He is going to Chicago. I would be shocked if they don't draft him at 9.  

Don’t think so. They have DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet, and D’Andre Swift. They’re pretty solid at the skill positions. Most mocks I’ve seen have them taking the second defender off the board and I think that makes a lot of sense for them. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Arizona has been VERY QUIET in a trade back. They have Marvin sitting there like a golden goose in the Phoenix sun.  Something may be stirring in the night.

I think the land of Larry Fitzgerald would welcome Harrison with open arms, and that he’d be amazing out in the desert. It’s almost too perfect a fit, but a boy can dream. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Don’t think so. They have DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet, and D’Andre Swift. They’re pretty solid at the skill positions. Most mocks I’ve seen have them taking the second defender off the board and I think that makes a lot of sense for them. 

2 wideouts with a new QB say not. You need a 3rd especially with a new QB. I guarantee you they take this special WR. 

11 minutes ago, slats said:

So 1 Chi Caleb - 2 Wash Daniels - 3 NE Maye - 4 Ari trades with Minny Mccarthy - 5 SD Marvin - 6 NY Nabers 7 - Tenn Alt - 8 Atl Turner - 9 Chi Again Odunze would be there for Chicago.  But hey need an edge as well.  Incerdibly here is a quick mock I jut did. 

Look who's there at 10 WOW

NFL-team-logo
Caleb WilliamsQB USC
2.NFL-team-logo
Drake MayeQB North Carolina
3.NFL-team-logo
Jayden DanielsQB LSU
4.NFL-team-logo
J.J. McCarthyQB Michigan
trade-icon
5.NFL-team-logo
Marvin Harrison Jr.WR Ohio State
6.NFL-team-logo
Joe AltOT Notre Dame
7.NFL-team-logo
Olumuyiwa FashanuOT Penn State
8.NFL-team-logo
Laiatu LatuEDGE UCLA
9.NFL-team-logo
Dallas TurnerEDGE Alabama
10.NFL-team-logo  Nabers or Odunze 

13 minutes ago, Neilos said:

The fact that no one is talking about it makes it more probable in my mind. This is bs season, mis information everywhere and yet all you hear is Alt to the Titans.

Its because they desperatly need OL help. Noth their last 2 OL picks have been so so.

10 minutes ago, slats said:

I think the land of Larry Fitzgerald would welcome Harrison with open arms, and that he’d be amazing out in the desert. It’s almost too perfect a fit, but a boy can dream. 

True but they really suck.  Trade with Minny could get a kings ransom = 3 #1's and some 2's.  look what the 49'ers gave up for Trey Lance and we all know the bust possibility never factors into these things. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

2 wideouts with a new QB say not. You need a 3rd especially with a new QB. I guarantee you they take this special WR. 

Not saying it won’t happen, I just don’t think it’s most likely. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Not saying it won’t happen, I just don’t think it’s most likely. 

Why do you say that. Go to their board and their needs, They signed an edge rusher in Sweat so that was one position they needed. And you can't pass up my number 5 player on my top 65. And many other evaluators no one has him lower than 9. Why would Chicago not pick an offensive threat in this new kind of NFL where the wideouts are so much more important than running backs. Their GM would be nuts not to draft him.