Zach traded to Denver [merged]

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Hardly"? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. He's in the f***ing TOP 3 at worst. Considering the draft position and total ******* drama-fest circus the kid was, yeah, he's as big a bust as this franchise has ever had. Fact.

The hype Zach received pre-draft from the media and jets fans was next level idiotic.  People were acting like we were drafting a 22 year old Peyton Manning.  Anyone who disagreed was literally called a retarded person for a 2-3 year period 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If Payton thinks he can get anything out of Zach I really feel sorry for broncos fans

Payton needs a super accurate quick decision maker.  

Zach Wilson couldn’t be further from that.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that factored into Payton's thinking.  Payton got to see Zach in person on the field in Denver last year and he probably was like "this kid has among the worst OC's in the NFL".

Payton should be given an immediate on-field HOF induction ceremony if he somehow molds ZW into looking like Drew Brees.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

So glad that bust is gone. All of you that supported Zach despite the eye test and horrible numbers should reflect on this episode and learn that hope doesn’t equate talent.

Thank you for the lecture.  But to be a Jets fan for as long as I have, hoping and staying optimistic despite the results is how I cope.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, varjet said:
  • The NFL GMs run with the herd.  After Mahomes and Watson got picked 10+ and ended up Pro Bowl+, teams were going to reach for QBs.  The smart GMs knew that the QBs in this class were not worth the first round.  But the value of the rookie QB was so tempting that teams fell into the trap.  JD was one of them.  We all know Woody supported this because he did not want to pay Darnold $18mm fifth year option.  Darnold is better than Zach, but not worth that. 
  • Saleh put out the word that he wanted to keep Darnold.  He will ride that.  
  • Zach Wilson looked decent against the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles and Texans, with proper coaching.  Payton knows how to coach.  Zach Wilson will start for the Broncos this year.  Will they be good?  No.  But he will provide entertainment and let the Broncos look for a Qb in rounds 2 and below, where they should.  
  • So the Jets (not just JD) blew it with Zach, like the 49ers, Bears and Patriots blew it.   All of those teams were looking for the same thing.  If the Jets cut Zach Wilson, they were losing $5.5mm, less whatever someone paid him (on the practice squash or 53).  At most $1mm.  Woody is saving $2.75mm in cap space AND cash and the Jets have a better pick to look for a LB or QB3.  This was a HOME RUN trade for JD, standing on its own.  You can’t combine it with the draft pick.  

By “decent” you mean 110 yards passing 0 tds and 0 ints?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If Payton thinks he can get anything out of Zach I really feel sorry for broncos fans

How did this happen, Rich? You guaranteed Zach would be starting games for the Jets this year. Do you think we will make an in-season trade and reacquire him after Payton turns him into an all pro?

People are still convinced the Sam Darnold ascension is coming and he’s already on the 4th team of his career.
And is likely to get demoted to backup, or at best bridge QB, come Thursday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Payton needs a super accurate quick decision maker.  

Zach Wilson couldn’t be further from that.

Sean Payton is a clown.   Oh my God it would be f cking hilarious watch another team put up a 70 spot on him next season again but this time with Zach on the sidelines in his pajamas and resting b tch face

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

How did this happen, Rich? You guaranteed Zach would be starting games for the Jets this year. Do you think we will make an in-season trade and reacquire him after Payton turns him into an all pro?

When it comes to the jets you gotta aim low 

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

By “decent” you mean 110 yards passing 0 tds and 0 ints?

Remember when several here tried to argue a statline like that is actually better than a 3 TD, 3 INT statline?

Jets fans are f**king stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Payton should be given an immediate on-field HOF induction ceremony if he somehow molds ZW into looking like Drew Brees.

I know you don't mean that literally but ZW's tools (rocket arm, scrambling ability) are far more Elway-like than Brees.   And, no, I'm not saying he's comparable to John Elway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I read that JetBlue would never let Woody get rid of this guy, so color me stoked! 

I’m very much looking forward to fewer Zach Wilson threads. 

Zach threads vs Adams threads...  which is the worse nightmare?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Sean Payton is a clown.   Oh my God it would be f cking hilarious watch another team put up a 70 spot on him next season again but this time with Zach on the sidelines in his pajamas and resting b tch face

Was he wrong about Nate Hackett?

After giving up 70 to the Dolphins, the Broncos ended up winning 6 of their next 8 games (losing only to the Jets and Chiefs).

Which HC do you think is better?  Sean Payton or Robert Saleh?

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It really did turn out to be that way.  For a while, guys like Blair Thomas and Vernon Gholston roamed the minds of Jets fans as wasted Draft capital.  The choice was to use the #2 for a QB and trade Darnold, keep Darnold and use the #2 on another player, or keep Darnold and trade back from #2.  We can all tell what should have been done in hindsight.

How would some of these guys have looked in Jets green?  Ja'Marr Chase, Penei Sewell, DeVonta Smith, Rashawn Slater?  WR, OT, WR, OT.... Four year later the Jets STILL looking to solve those problems.

image.thumb.png.18dfa04d95d5c9e70f6137af920cff0d.png

I think I might have traded Darnold AND traded the #2 overall.  I would have been happy enough to roll with Brissett, Winston or Dalton in a lost season.  Mike White probably would have beaten them out anyway - and it could have been on merit rather than draft position or relationship to a mid-major airline.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know you don't mean that literally but ZW's tools (rocket arm, scrambling ability) are far more Elway-like than Brees.   And, no, I'm not saying he's comparable to John Elway.

Yeah, we know he “can make all the throws” including “off-platform”. 😊

Elway had some bulk to his frame making those scramble plays with his legs.

ZW looks like a tennis player out there running for his life. 

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Remember scene in the sopranos when Tony kills Ralphie and he’s sick and heaving because Ralphie shot bug spray in his face and it was like a metaphor for getting rid of a toxic douchebag?  

that’s how I feel now that Zach is finally gone

chris-farley.gif

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I think I might have traded Darnold AND traded the #2 overall.  I would have been happy enough to roll with Brissett, Winston or Dalton in a lost season.  Mike White probably would have beaten them out anyway - and it could have been on merit rather than draft position or relationship to a mid-major airline.

The Office Thank You GIF

It never had to be an either/or of Zach or Darnold.  No matter how much it was painted here that that was JD’s thinking at the time.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Basically we not only couldn't give him away... we have to pay part of his salary. (6th for a 7th thrown in as parsley) LMAO. That's JD begging so he doesn't look like a complete fool.  

He is THAT bad.

Thank you Joe Douglas. Thank you.

The market for Becton is/will be similar.

JD' 1st round busts are amongst the Jets worst.

for Becton, teams are probably waiting till after the draft so he won't count against next years comp pick eligibility.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was he wrong about Nate Hackett?

After giving up 70 to the Dolphins, the Broncos ended up winning 6 of their next 8 games (losing only to the Jets and Chiefs).

Which HC do you think is better?  Sean Payton or Robert Saleh?

Zach just needz weaponz you are right

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Holy sh*t he came back 20 minutes ago.  My spidey senses were abuzz.

Back to collect, no more, no less. I didn't leave because of airbrushed Jimmy Clausen and I won't be returning because he's gone.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I'm not going to compliment Joe Douglas for trading Zach for pennies on the dollar 

Joe Douglas is responsible for this entire mess 

Should we give him a medal? 

Yes... this one:

022APARTICIPANT1-2.jpg?v-cache=170601896

• slats locked this topic
  • slats unlocked this topic