Zach traded to Denver [merged]

SO now we get to see if Payton is actually a good coach or if Drew carried him all these years and he is an average coach unless he has a superstar QB. Now that he has a superstar QB again he should win the division again easily right? Like he did with the last Wilson he has at QB.

• Upvote 1

The Hollywood Ending - Jets spend the 6th round pick on a third string QB who gets forced into action due to late season injuries and ends up winning us the Superbowl.

The Reality Ending - Jets spend the 6th round pick on an oft-injured backup linebacker / special teams player who's out of the league in 3 years.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The Patriots got a 6th round pick for Mac Jones.  The Jets basically exchanged their 7th and Zach for the 203rd pick in the draft? 

The Dynasty is back baby!!!!!  J/K.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Searching for old posts is kind of difficult here if memory serves but I was always clear that it was going to be Denver if anywhere. Hats off to Zach for getting his money and getting as close to home as possible. 

Well isn't that just special!

Kind of surprised Payton not the easiest guy to work for traded for Zach. The return  is about average for underachieving QBs later round picks or switches the good thing for Jets is Denver taking on some of his guaranteed money. Better achievers than Zach didn't get much more return. 

Successful career ... in Denver, winning multiple Superbowls, before eventually signing with the New York Jets for one last pay day and a disappointing season, after which he retires.

Who's going to assume the JN mantle of most hated Jet now?
This really is the big question 
We haven't drafted him yet. Wait till Thursday.

• Haha 3

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Kind of surprised Payton not the easiest guy to work for traded for Zach. The return  is about average for underachieving QBs later round picks or switches the good thing for Jets is Denver taking on some of his guaranteed money. Better achievers than Zach didn't get much more return. 

Frankly shocked Payton pulled the trigger here.

Thought he jettisoned Russ mainly because he refused to run plays as called and insisted on freelancing.

ZW is a homeless man's version of Russ in terms of stylistic approach to the game, holding the ball too long and trying to rely on crazy pocket escapes to extend plays.

Wouldn't be surprised if ZW is cut in-season by Payton.  Doesn't seem like a marriage likely to work.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

We kept the Mr. Irrelevant pick...there's still hope to find our QB of the future!
Far more fitting to draft him with the 6th round pick we just got.

24 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

woody you shrewd bastard.. holding out for that 6th for a 7th  and eating half the cap... so worth it!

I get this, but the truth is Woody's big mouth did Douglas no favors in trying to get a deal done.  Only thing that saved Douglas from outright having to cut Wilson, not getting the pick swap and eating even more gteed money is Payton's massive ego...

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Denver. Lol

so you were wrong the entire time about unloading Zach.  100%.  In every damned thread about Zach. 

Same thing for a few others. 

Constantly claiming Zach was staying was exhausting.  Just saying. Glad it's over.  Now you guys can stop.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

good place for zach to go to.  i wish him luck except in games denver plays the jets.  i think it's possible he's going to show something that wasn't so apparent here.

Maybe. And the reason might be because he is going to get coaching competence that wasn't so available here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

finally!!!!! i am too busy now to find a nice IGF to show how happy i am. maybe later when this is 20 pages long.

if Denver doesnt draft a QB in RD1 Zach will probably start week 1. i bet that game will be against us. the NFL loves those story lines. but no later than week 4-5 because Zach will be benched by then.

be back later with a bottle of Johnny Walker to celebrate... 1st rds on me boys!!!

• Post of the Week 2

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm not going to compliment Joe Douglas for trading Zach for pennies on the dollar 

Joe Douglas is responsible for this entire mess 

Should we give him a medal? 

are you saying that Zach is worth alot?  

because that's implied in your Pennies on the dollar comment.

i thought you didn't like him.   so my guess is you misused the phrase.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Basically we not only couldn't give him away... we have to pay part of his salary. (6th for a 7th thrown in as parsley) LMAO. That's JD begging so he doesn't look like a complete fool.  

He is THAT bad.

Thank you Joe Douglas. Thank you.

The market for Becton is/will be similar.

JD' 1st round busts are amongst the Jets worst.

13 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

We give up a 7th and GET a 6th. Aren't you supposed to be good with numbers, ffs? 

This is 2024 America.  A CPA doesn't need to be good with numbers anymore.

• Haha 3

I can help thinking that the flood of Zach Wilson threads will continue unabated. 

Of course it will. Every throw in training camp, pre season and (if he's still there) the regular season will be highlighted as "evidence" of ... something or other.

This is good. All the dopes crying for years about a veteran QB that mentors… if done right, mentoring a person takes time and mental bandwidth. If we have Rodgers for 1-2 more years, I want him focused on winning. Not mentoring.

• Upvote 4

• slats locked this topic
  • slats unlocked this topic