Zach traded to Denver [merged]

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Maybe they give Osweiler another shot?

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Paxton Lynch

What do Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch have in common?

Both better than Zach Wilson.

• Post of the Week 3

22 minutes ago, Claymation said:

nfl-salary-cap-for-dummies.jpg

Honest question 

The Jets have an 11 mil cap hit on Zach before the trade 

They make this trade and the Jets save 5.5 mil 

But they split that with Denver 

Does that mean the Jets saved 2.75 in cap total? 

13 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Zach tore it up that day with a 78.8 passer rating. He was unbelievable. That's what probably sold Payton on him 👍

78.8 passer rating in spite of a horrible CS and OL, plus he had only 1 quality WR (albeit a star).

8 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach just needz weaponz you are right

He had a horrific OL, only 1 WR (albeit a star) and an awful CS.  How long did Aaron "knows how to read defenses and make adjustments" Rodgers last behind this OL?

ZachWilsonOverrunByTheDolphins.jpg.ecd6bff5b9764a6cf4957807a6a84944.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Honest question 

I wouldn't be surprised if Zach is cut before opening day roster, Jets pick up the $$$.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

His contract is guaranteed. And it was dictated by where he was drafted. Either I'm confused as to what you are saying or you have no idea what you are talking about. 

Understood.....   I used poor wording.  Still..  It cost us money to let Zach go is my point.  NO ONE wanted him under that contract.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Honest question 

What they are splitting is a roster bonus. I think the cap charge includes deferred signing bonus money 

my best guess is they save the 2.75 in space but the dead money issue is definitely over my head 

IMG_8882.jpeg

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was he wrong about Nate Hackett?

After giving up 70 to the Dolphins, the Broncos ended up winning 6 of their next 8 games (losing only to the Jets and Chiefs).

Which HC do you think is better?  Sean Payton or Robert Saleh?

Slappy is gone, bro. Go join the Broncos forum and spread your optimism there. And for the record, I think Payton is a complete dickhead. He runs Russell Wilson out of town and trades assets for Zach Wilson. Guy has officially lost it.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

2023:

Beat Josh Allen and the Bills

Beat Jalen Hurts and the Eagles

Beat CJ Stroud and the Texans

By all rights should have beat Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs if not for reffing boondoggles.

2022:

Beat Tomlin and the Steelers

Beat McDaniel and the precious Dolphins

Beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers

2021:

Beat Tennessee when they were decent

Beat Trevor Lawrence and Jax,

Hey the guy overall was terrible, thus he is gonzo alonzo but some of you act as if he never won one game in his life.  He had good games, he beat good teams and QBs.

More wins and better winning % than Justin 'should be a pro bowler' Fields

LOL

Can't wait to see how many W's he secures for Denver.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I did not say anything about Wilson when the Jets picked him. Did not watch the draft or any football due to the Covid outbreak and shutdowns, But I had watched college games the year before, and when my son stated the Jets picked a QB named Zach Wilson, my response was who?! Never watch him. But to take him 2nd in the draft that was a major bust and disgrace by Douglas. Now Bechton, was a different story. I came on this board and stated more than once he was not a left tackle. That his best position was guard. And I got destroyed. I wanted Douglas to pick the Iowa guard, who I stated on this board, he will be am all pro in the 2nd year. Well Tristan Wirfs went to Tampa Bay and protected Tom Brady to a super bowl. And he is an all pro. And now moved to tackle.   

So basically... you are a perfect example of my point. An average fan would NOT have taken Becton over Wirfs and Zach was a stretch. Our record is awful and those two big wiffs are partially responsible. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Honest question 

They are on the hook for 2.75 and the remainder of the money. So in layman's term, yes.

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Can't wait to see how many W's he secures for Denver.

Might be zero but well worth the price of about a 7th rounder to obtain.

If the jets picked up one of the other failed QBs for a 7th who is still young this board would be singing their praises.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Slappy is gone, bro. Go join the Broncos forum and spread your optimism there. And for the record, I think Payton is a complete dickhead. He runs Russell Wilson out of town and trades assets for Zach Wilson. Guy has officially lost it.

Fwiw, I agree that Payton is a complete d-ckhead but I still think he's a very good HC (FAR better than Robert Saleh).  They started off terribly but he got them in the playoff hunt.  

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

They are on the hook for 2.75 and the remainder of the money. So in layman's term, yes.

Yeah Schefter said the deal has been in place for weeks and that the money was the hold up ... makes sense.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

2023:

Beat Jalen Hurts and the Eagles

Beat CJ Stroud and the Texans

By all rights should have beat Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs if not for reffing boondoggles.

2022:

Beat Tomlin and the Steelers

Beat McDaniel and the precious Dolphins

Beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers

2021:

Beat Tennessee when they were decent

Beat Trevor Lawrence and Jax,

Hey the guy overall was terrible, thus he is gonzo alonzo but some of you act as if he never won one game in his life.  He had good games, he beat good teams and QBs.

More wins and better winning % than Justin 'should be a pro bowler' Fields

Wins are not a QB stat. It's a team game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Zach’s not making that team

Yeah I don't think he will. This is one of those courtesy trades you see so often in the league. Denver gets a look at him during TC for a 6th/7th swap, and if they cut him (I'm speculating here) Jets are on the hook for the cash.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Might be zero but well worth the price of about a 7th rounder to obtain.

If the jets picked up one of the other failed QBs for a 7th who is still young this board would be singing their praises.

Is he?? He is the 1st QB I can remember that was criticized for being an awful back up.  I wouldn't want him on my team. BUT knowing Woody is paying part of his salary helps. 

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah I don't think he will. This is one of those courtesy trades you see so often in the league. Denver gets a look at him during TC for a 6th/7th swap, and if they cut him (I'm speculating here) Jets are on the hook for the cash.

IMG_0651.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That's what I said...  It's hardly worth it. It's parsley.  Are you  slow? FFS?

No you didn't. Your entire reaction to the trade was incredibly off because you didn't understand one iota of it.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

The Jets did right by Wilson here. Zach went dark after the dolphins game, didn’t have to speak with reporters, and ends up landing where he wanted to be, close to home.

Just now, slats said:

I suspect your speculation is off the mark. Whether he makes the team or not, they’re almost certainly on the hook for the $2.75M. 

Yeah, not enough of a CBA expert to know whether such an arrangement is legal. If Denver is already committed to as much as $1 of Zach's guaranteed salary, it's a miracle JD got positive draft compensation in the deal.

• Upvote 2

• slats locked this topic
  • slats unlocked this topic