Zach traded to Denver [merged]

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2?  They’re drafting a QB.  He’ll have to fight with DiNucci for the QB3 spot.

Payton is a known hardass and Zach is starting from square one.  He gets handed absolutely nothing there.

So long Club Med Saleh.  Hello high altitudes and sociopathic HC.  Have fun, Zach.  Mom isn’t gonna be able to help.

He’s going to squish Wilson if he’s as soft as we think.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The phrase that I wanted to use but did not think people would get was "take a haircut" 

It's a liquidation sale. 

To trade the 2 overall pick after 3 seasons for 7 points on the draft value chart is failure of Joe Douglas not a success 

Take a haircut also implies value to the item being sold or traded. 

so that’s not appropriate either unless you secretly like Zach. 

I think a better analogy is the 5 cents you get recycling a can.   It’s normally worthless trash and needs to be disposed.  But sometimes you can get a few cents for it. 

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No argument from me. Even in the scenario where Saleh was anti-Zach, he let himself get placed in a position where Zach was his only life preserver when Rodgers went down. 

That wasn't his call. Or did you want him to quit when they didn't sign a vet as QB2? 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The phrase that I wanted to use but did not think people would get was "take a haircut" 

It's a liquidation sale. 

To trade the 2 overall pick after 3 seasons for 7 points on the draft value chart is failure of Joe Douglas not a success 

and that's being kind.... but the JD ball lickers would defend JD regardless.

10 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

That wasn't his call. Or did you want him to quit when they didn't sign a vet as QB2? 

If you’re going skydiving and you know the guy packing your chute slipped an anvil in there, it’s nobody’s fault but your own when you end up splattered on the ground

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re going skydiving and you know the guy packing your chute slipped an anvil in there, it’s nobody’s fault but your own when you end up splattered on the ground

Oof. That's a terrible analogy. Worse than F. You get X.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Vudu said:

Getting the 7th is the same as cutting him outright. We still are paying for him

We got a 6th, not a 7th, and those players can be useful depth and STers, and occasionally one can find an eventual starter that low, so no, it isn't the same as cutting him.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

We got a 6th, not a 7th, and those players can be useful depth and STers, and occasionally one can find an eventual starter that low, so no, it isn't the same as cutting him.

Plus, cutting him would have incurred a substantially larger cap hit.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Few responses I saw on a Denver Broncos Forum:

1. "We might as well look forward to 2025"

this makes me wonder if they dont like ny of the QBs this year. if they dont take one then they play Zach. if hes good then they got there QB, if not they should be bad enough to pick high next year.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Hardly"? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. He's in the f***ing TOP 3 at worst. Considering the draft position and total ******* drama-fest circus the kid was, yeah, he's as big a bust as this franchise has ever had. Fact.

Man up and explain how any of this ^ is wrong @JKlecko

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

this makes me wonder if they dont like ny of the QBs this year. if they dont take one then they play Zach. if hes good then they got there QB, if not they should be bad enough to pick high next year.

Moving down 50 picks from the 6th to the 7th doesn’t really say anything about the QBs at the top.  It says more about how Payton feels about Ben DiNucci as the current QB2/future QB3.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This is good. All the doors crying for years about a veteran QB that mentors… if done right, mentoring a person takes time and mental bandwidth. If we have Rodgers for 1-2 more years, I want him focused on winning. Not mentoring.

Once again, the mentoring thing is shown to be total nonsense. If Rodgers doesn't get hurt, nobody would have even mentioned it. 

39 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Yes… the difference between pick 177 and 188 can be the Super Bowl.  JD is legend. 

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Hardly"? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. He's in the f***ing TOP 3 at worst. Considering the draft position and total ******* drama-fest circus the kid was, yeah, he's as big a bust as this franchise has ever had. Fact.

And Becton is in top 10 as well of NY Jets busts.  JD baby. 

• Upvote 1

• slats locked this topic
  • slats unlocked this topic