****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Do they really need to get into 2nd round? So many good WR's in round 3 will be left. I'd stock up and get another 3rd. 

I think it's likely they just have their eyes on 2 to 3 guys at WR and will wait until a time they expect them to go, and start making calls. 

It could be the 2nd, it could be earlier in the 3rd, they could sit pat. They need to see how it shakes out, but chances are it's more about who they like than where exactly they want to trade up to. If one of their "guys" goes they'll know it's time to come get one of the others.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Beerfish counting up his bonus points for picking Fashanu for the jets in the jets nation mock draft after a trade down.

man-happily-throwing-money-d8wv3bh7dji2q

You and Joe D, man. You guys are in sync. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I am still scratching my head with the Penix pick. Maybe they were worried about Denver. If not trade down. 

I think it’s the Green Bay model. Sit a guy for 3 years and then turn him loose with no drop off.  No defender was worth taking 

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He’s the second best qb in the draft the actual professionals know a lot more than you

I actually really like Penix

my only issue is they could have traded down with the jets (or another team) and taken him at 10 (or even lower) 

like the player though. IF he can stay healthy, he has a chance to be good 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I actually really like Penix

my only issue is they could have traded down with the jets (or another team) and taken him at 10 (or even lower) 

like the player though. IF he can stay healthy, he has a chance to be good 

He’s in the perfect situation in ATL

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Wit said:

ESPN is ruining all the picks.

So is NFL Network

Every time they cut to Rapp he talks about a player who “could” fit and it’s always the exact pick a few minutes later.

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Heard nothing but Jets being all in this year and they take a guy who they hope won't play.   It's definitely ballsy if nothing else. 

The chances of him playing are probably over 90%. Tyron Smith hasn’t played a full season since Obama was the President 

• Upvote 2

Just now, JustInFudge said:

Clearly wanted Bowers but good to know JD is in charge, I guess, he's been terrible w/ the OL but that's fine, this year will be different

Yeah I also have a real hard time trusting JDs OL drafting. But we knew JD subscribes to the premium position thing. With the top WRs gone this was inevitable, let's just all hope for once in his miserable career he got the right OT. He's done ok at iOL

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Really sounded like a guy whos full of JD sh*t already

Yup. Another franchise, another draft with no investment in pass catchers. I get his vibe. We’ll see how it shakes out.

That mustache is stupid looking.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He’s in the perfect situation in ATL

I agree 

Cousins plays this year. He sits and watches a total pro and takes over next year with a solid offensive roster around him 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I love that statement. 

Same.  And it's true.  A good OL gives you a good running game.  And it gives your QB time to throw.  And it gets your offense extra 1st downs, which helps keep the defense off the field.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

I think it’s the Green Bay model. Sit a guy for 3 years and then turn him loose with no drop off.  No defender was worth taking 

Exactly. But there was 1 problem here. You just signed a QB that didn't start with your team. And gave him a big contract. And it was stated that Cousins agent was not informed.