Jets at SF on MNF Week 1

On 5/14/2024 at 2:55 PM, JetPotato said:

I actually think I owe you a big thank you.

Every time the Raiders sh*t the bed, year after year, I take so much more joy out of it because of these idiotic posts. Otherwise, I probably would barely even notice them.

Almost every year the Jets are drafting before the Raiders.    Jets are going to win the Super Bowl every year.  Try to win eight games . Raiders will have better defense than the Jets . Their offense talent far superior to the Jets .   Kicking game is way superior. Everyone sleeping because they don’t have name qb or first round qb.    Raiders will be playoff team in 2024 . 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Almost every year the Jets are drafting before the Raiders.    Jets are going to win the Super Bowl every year.  Try to win eight games . Raiders will have better defense than the Jets . Their offense talent far superior to the Jets .   Kicking game is way superior. Everyone sleeping because they don’t have name qb or first round qb.    Raiders will be playoff team in 2024 . 

You are on ******* drugs. The Raiders haven't won a playoff game since 2002. I will bet you dollars to donuts that the Jets will have a better record than your Faiders. Best of luck to your new QB, Officer Ramrod.

Farvarod_01.png

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Jets are going to win the Super Bowl every year.  

I've been seeing this sort of thing said a lot lately but it's complete and utter BS.

Since Aaron Rodgers arrived last year, yes, they've been talked about as superbowl contenders by the fans and media. Same as when Rodgers was in GB every year except now he has a top defense to complement his abilities to run a potent offense.

prior to that absolutely NO ONE talked about Jets and Superbowl in the same sentence outside of maybe 2010 and then going back to '98.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've been seeing this sort of thing said a lot lately but it's complete and utter BS.

Since Aaron Rodgers arrived last year, yes, they've been talked about as superbowl contenders by the fans and media. Same as when Rodgers was in GB every year except now he has a top defense to complement his abilities to run a potent offense.

prior to that absolutely NO ONE talked about Jets and Superbowl in the same sentence outside of maybe 2010 and then going back to '98.

This is 100% true but mentioning the Jets and the Superbowl is a crime against humanity.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2024 at 6:42 AM, ECURB said:

Did Mike Williams get hit by a bus or are you just so miserable you won’t allow it to be real in your head?

He ain't gonna be himself until mid season maybe even a little bit later. Sure he'll be good and help. It's gonna take a few weeks maybe longer for him to get his sea legs

On 5/22/2024 at 1:40 PM, Dcat said:

It's not a given that anyone will survive the summer, including Williams and his recovery.

But you missed the point.  Absent injury, which right now is the plan, who is WR2?  It is not Lazard as the annoying troll claimed.  It is Williams.   Just like Taylor is the #2 QB unless he gets hurt then it would be Travis.  Saying Lazard is the #2 WR is like saying Travis is the #2 QB.  Injuries always change these things.  

Even if they sign someone, it's going to be corley who I'm extremely high on. We still need a wr to push lazard to number 4 and give insurance in case big mike is slow out of the gate. 

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 5/24/2024 at 3:20 PM, Testaverde9819 said:

He ain't gonna be himself until mid season maybe even a little bit later. Sure he'll be good and help. It's gonna take a few weeks maybe longer for him to get his sea legs

Ok Doctor

On 5/25/2024 at 7:25 PM, Testaverde9819 said:

You don't think we need another wr? You're comfortable with corley as our number 2 as a rookie? 

Corley is our number 2 slot.  
He’s number 5 or 6 behind Wilson, Williams, Gibson, Brownlee, and Mr Stone Hands. 

3 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Corley is going to be the number 2 in target's. He's starting 

I'd put a lot of money he's not number 2 in targets.  

Or even top four. 

1. Wilson

2. Hall

3. Williams

4. Conklin

• Upvote 1

I was planning on going to this game but since it's Monday night the commute suck. And even though I'd like to see it live man I'm actually looking forward to watching this at my house on the big screen with the flat top making my burgers...

This is going to be a great win to start the season. And I know people really like the other team alot but the truth is we better team than thry are and everyone going to find out Monday night. 

Look out for the blow out 31 17 NYJ

• Upvote 1

Purdy wants a star QB deal which now a days is multi year mostly guaranteed money and around 50 per. He was good not great last year and had enough rough spots during the year it wasn't all gravy with him. The Jets D can make him look bad and Rodgers should outplay him. IMO it's a winnable game. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2024 at 1:36 PM, Raideraholic said:

You are a fascinating creature.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

As I read another completely delusional take from the biggest homer known to man, kind of crazy to think the AFCW has 3 Head Coaches who have led their team to a Super Bowl, 2 with Super Bowl Victories and 1 fresh off an undefeated season ending with a Nat’y and then the Raiders have an intern doing some on the job training, which is definitely a reason to have a ton of confidence in your team. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'd put a lot of money he's not number 2 in targets.  

Or even top four. 

1. Wilson

2. Hall

3. Williams

4. Conklin

I think Wilson and Hall at #1 & 2 is a lock, and then Williams/Conklin/Corley but not necessarily in that order. A lot will depend on Williams’ recovery and how quickly they choose to bring along Corley. Like to see Ruckert getting more targets this year, too, which could cut into Conklin’s numbers. Corley finishing at #3 is not out of the question. 

There’s some Brownlee buzz right now, and that would be nice. But if it fizzles out in training camp, I’d think they’d be in the market for a WR in the mini-draft. Williams’ health could be a factor there, too. 

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

As I read another completely delusional take from the biggest homer known to man, kind of crazy to think the AFCW has 3 Head Coaches who have led their team to a Super Bowl, 2 with Super Bowl Victories and 1 fresh off an undefeated season ending with a Nat’y and then the Raiders have an intern doing some on the job training, which is definitely a reason to have a ton of confidence in your team. 

4260394.png

13 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Corley is going to be the number 2 in target's. He's starting 

Geez I really hope Mike Williams will be the #2 in targets. I want to see the progression go from either Wilson to Williams or vice versa more often than Corley as a #2 target. I see Corley getting as many or fewer targets than Hall.  Probably closer to TE target totals.

On 5/22/2024 at 11:48 AM, Warfish said:

I love the combination of False Bravo/Little Man Syndrome/NY'er Over-the-Top 'Tude some Jets Fans just love to spray everywhere in the offseason.  Big Talk Kings, in May.

Well, to be clear and not to delve too deeply, this IS a board dedicated to rooting FOR the New York Jets. Right?

On 5/24/2024 at 1:36 PM, Raideraholic said:

Jeez, did you get banned from every Raider forum?? Go away. 😆 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Well, to be clear and not to delve too deeply, this IS a board dedicated to rooting FOR the New York Jets. Right?

100%. 

It's the one thing, perhaps the only thing, that unifies this collective.  Generally, we all want the Jets to win on Sunday.

We just disagree (often) on how to get there, and (sometimes) how to act doing it.

sh*t-talking hyperbolic braggadocio-by proxy isn't my thing.  But it's clearly something others choose to revel in here.  To each their own I guess.

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This game isnt that big of a deal.  With the 4 qbs we are facing after this game, we should easily win all 4.

Beating SF is a nice to have.  I see us at 4-1 going into that buffalo game.

there will be at least 2 threads prior to W1 with people suggesting it's a must win game.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

there will be at least 2 threads prior to W1 with people suggesting it's a must win game.

In a 17 game season, every game is a must-win game if you think about it.

Must-win is rarely as literal as "must-win-or-else-the-season-is-over".  

So you're probably right, someone will definitely call week 1 a must-win.  And maybe they'll be right, who knows.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In a 17 game season, every game is a must-win game if you think about it.

Must-win is rarely as literal as "must-win-or-else-the-season-is-over".  

So you're probably right, someone will definitely call week 1 a must-win.  And maybe they'll be right, who knows.

words have meaning whether you choose to ignore them or not. every game is not a must win game and week 1 never is. just pure nonsense.

• Upvote 1

words have meaning whether you choose to ignore them or not. every game is not a must win game and week 1 never is. just pure nonsense.
"Really would be amazing to get the win but not the end of the season if we don't" is how I would view it.

It's one of the toughest, if not the toughest, games we have. But the outcome will still only be one game, win or lose. The team will have to stay grounded however it goes. Which is where the coaching staff will play a vital role.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

And yet societal use of an ever changing language doesn’t care what we think. Words colloquial use changes regularly. In this case I’m not even sure it’s much of a definition change, people can think or believe a loss week one means we’re not a playoff bound team.

For the record, I think winning week 1 is very important. Not “must-win”, but a win would be very meaningful for the direction of this team this year. Could we get past or overcome a loss? Of course that’s possible

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The good teams, use week 1 as an extension of preseason.