Rodgers getting dragged in various schedule release videos

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Every thread on some random Aaron Rodgers comment on obscure internet podcast:

"Look what Rodgers said! He's dumb. Anyone that believes any of this is dumb. How DARE he say (x, y, and z)!! He should just shut UP! He's a stupid, dummy dumdum and anyone that believes other than me is a stupidhead that should be banned"!

"I don't know, I kind of agree on..."

"SHUT UP, DUMMY!! How dare you bring up politics or opinions!!"

Its tiresome.

Then don't be silent.  /shrug  Push back on the issue, but save the party "my side, other side' stuff.

The problem is too many folks just can't seem to help themselves from personally identifying their position on X issue of the day with being a R or D, and lashing out at those on "the other side", a purely political phrase you used btw, for being on "the other side".  And other folks can't help but accuse others of being an R or D because they hold Y position and doing the same. 

So yeah, that's politics, even if the original issue by definition wasn't.  And the thread gets locked.  Because grown ups act like children when it comes to rooting on their "side" in every possible topic.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Then don't be silent.  /shrug  Push back on the issue, but save the party "my side, other side' stuff.

The problem is too many folks just can't seem to help themselves from personally identifying their position on X issue of the day with being a R or D, and lashing out at those on "the other side", a purely political phrase you used btw, for being on "the other side".  And other folks can't help but accuse others of being an R or D because they hold Y position and doing the same. 

So yeah, that's politics, even if the original issue by definition wasn't.  And the thread gets locked.  Because grown ups act like children when it comes to rooting on their "side" in every possible topic.

Yeah, it's all dumb and getting dumber by the day. I haven't belonged to either club in almost 20 years (I think they're both insane, btw). Being an Independent Libertarian nowadays is impossible.  Both "sides" accuse you of being the enemy. 😆 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Grandy said:

Ah, just like the notorious right wing player who was actually blackballed by the league; Colin Kaepernick.

There's a big difference between doing things outside of football and doing things literally in a stadium, on national TV during pre-game right before kickoff that attracts the attention of entire football rosters.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This type of attention is the only thing in the world that Rodgers truly wants and needs. He doesn’t actually have core beliefs. He’s not actually on your side of any argument. He says whatever contrarian sh*t he needs to say in order to keep internet people talking about him. Rodgers said so himself when he signed on here—the purpose of his darkness retreat was to ponder what his life would be like after football (which he concluded would be terrifying), and Saleh’s comments last season about the rationale for activating him off the IR because he “doesn’t have a family or hobbies.” All the talk of Rodgers wanting to win titles and sh*t is nonsense—nobody is signing with the Jets to try and win titles. He wanted a big platform and he had a pack of weak fishes in Douglas, Saleh, and Woody begging him to take a job in the New York market. The second he retires, Rodgers is going to fall off the face of the earth. There are two options for him now—Super Bowl in 2024 or disappear forever. 

Still better than the flat Earther Geno Smith. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, it's all dumb and getting dumber by the day. I haven't belonged to either club in almost 20 years (I think they're both insane, btw). Being an Independent Libertarian nowadays is impossible.  Both "sides" accuse you of being the enemy. 😆 

that's how the Frankfurt school designed it🙃

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hi guys, let me now when you are done. I can close up, thank you, appreciate you 

We are *this* close to 24 hours without a lock.

We can make it!

Do you really want to be on the wrong side of history like Adolph Hitler or Anthony Fauci ???

Phew, caught myself there!

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

We are *this* close to 24 hours without a lock.

We can make it!

Do you really want to be on the wrong side of history like Adolph Hitler or Anthony Fauci ???

Phew, caught myself there!

No I don’t, just right side of lunch, 

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This type of attention is the only thing in the world that Rodgers truly wants and needs. He doesn’t actually have core beliefs. He’s not actually on your side of any argument. He says whatever contrarian sh*t he needs to say in order to keep internet people talking about him. Rodgers said so himself when he signed on here—the purpose of his darkness retreat was to ponder what his life would be like after football (which he concluded would be terrifying), and Saleh’s comments last season about the rationale for activating him off the IR because he “doesn’t have a family or hobbies.” All the talk of Rodgers wanting to win titles and sh*t is nonsense—nobody is signing with the Jets to try and win titles. He wanted a big platform and he had a pack of weak fishes in Douglas, Saleh, and Woody begging him to take a job in the New York market. The second he retires, Rodgers is going to fall off the face of the earth. There are two options for him now—Super Bowl in 2024 or disappear forever. 

I never believed his story about that darkness retreat. It was hs. No way he was going to pass on 50 million plus. I do think he wants to win. If not he wouldn't be a great player 4 time MVP. I think he has a future. There's obviously a market for his version of crazy. Just ask the guy who interviewed him. Sure I wish he'd just go away. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I never believed his story about that darkness retreat. It was hs. No way he was going to pass on 50 million plus. I do think he wants to win. If not he wouldn't be a great player 4 time MVP. I think he has a future. There's obviously a market for his version of crazy. Just ask the guy who interviewed him. Sure I wish he'd just go away. 

Grow a pair. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Hi guys, let me now when you are done. I can close up, thank you, appreciate you 

Crusher, before closing I  just want to thank you for the limited hangout.

First Chris Cuomo out of the blue admits to using something he was shaming people about 2-3 years back, and now this somewhat free expression of the intertwined football health debacle we all experienced to one degree or another. I think Rodgers would be pleased...

Also I'm thankful this has remained civil ... It's much appreciated! 

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Grow a pair. 

I'll never understand those who block out facts or worse yet make things up. But there's a lot of them. It's not worth it. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I'll never understand those who block out facts or worse yet make things up. But there's a lot of them. It's not worth it. 

What facts did I block out? Or are you referring to the "fact" that you believe what you believe is fact?  

You're are just another guy that can't stand the fact that our QB is someone who doesn't align with your beliefs. Buckle up, buttercup. It will be ok.

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

What facts did I block out? Or are you referring to the "fact" that you believe what you believe is fact?  

You're are just another guy that can't stand the fact that our QB is someone who doesn't align with your beliefs. Buckle up, buttercup. It will be ok.

It's easy to just blame the purveyors of disinformation. And there's many. Do I have to name names?  But what about their avid audience who are open to lies etc. And actually love them. Pretty sad. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's easy to just blame the purveyors of disinformation. And there's many. Do I have to name names?  But what about their avid audience who are open to lies etc. And actually love them. Pretty sad. 

Say no more. Every anti-Rodgers post you have ever made makes perfect sense now. 🤡

20 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Say no more. Every anti-Rodgers post you have ever made makes perfect sense now. 🤡

If you love freedom. That's a word we hear a lot. Do you really like it? We can pretty much say what we want to criticize the gov the leaders etc even curse them out etc. Ask Rodgers and Carlson about Russia. If you pop off even in the least aggressive way you go to jail for a long time. 

• WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I'll never understand those who think everything they believe is "fact."

The facts are Russia illegally invaded Ukraine after promising the world they wouldn't. They bombed cities and civilian areas and killed thousands of people including their own citizens. Cities have been destroyed and there have been atrocities. People have been kidnapped including kids. But Rodgers doesn't mention any of that. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The facts are Russia illegally invaded Ukraine after promising the world they wouldn't. They bombed cities and civilian areas and killed thousands of people including their own citizens. Cities have been destroyed and there have been atrocities. People have been kidnapped including kids. But Rodgers doesn't mention any of that. 

What's the no politics policy again? GTFO with this.

Rodgers has made cracks about the current US President and even said his administration was a fake White House. Tucker Carlson has said much worse about them. Which is 100% ok. But if they were in Russia they would be arrested. They'd go to Siberia. And not come back. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Rodgers has made cracks about the current US President and even said his administration was a fake White House. Tucker Carlson has said much worse about them. Which is 100% ok. But if they were in Russia they would be arrested. They'd go to Siberia. And not come back. 

Are you this fragile? Again. Grow a pair.

7 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Crusher, before closing I  just want to thank you for the limited hangout.

First Chris Cuomo out of the blue admits to using something he was shaming people about 2-3 years back, and now this somewhat free expression of the intertwined football health debacle we all experienced to one degree or another. I think Rodgers would be pleased...

Also I'm thankful this has remained civil ... It's much appreciated! 

That's an interesting choice of words there (and I think, coincidental) - lol.

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, usanyj said:

And no one is up in arms when athletes spew left wing talking points because that is considered the "right" point of view....Athletes can mock an entire political party and it is ok, no NFL statement, nothing.  And anyone who speaks out against that athlete is a "cook".

Butker is a faith-based guy, and Rodgers has his viewpoints, and Cousins is a faith-based guy...they should be allowed their views and opinions on things like we give other athletes..

ORRRR.....and this is my opinion...they should be athletes and play the game they are paid millions to play and keep their views to themselves...I don't need a dude who can't put a coherent sentence together telling me what I should believe.

Interesting take. because Rodgers, Cousins, Butker...didnt get black balled from the league for having opinions but a super duper woke "left" point of view did in Colin Kaepernick.

Funny how we perceive things that jam up our sensitivities. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

OK... but remember and enjoy the bolded part when you're 85 and having a cognac and realize why FF's still get pensions. You can toast my memory. 

FYI, if we want to virtue signal at each other, my wife's parents immigrated from Turkiye in 1972, and Mrs. Engine was determined to get a degree to thank her parents for coming to the US... anyway, moving on... 

Are you going to tell my wife how to live her life when you come to put me on the gurney?  If so, I'll save the toast and pray for your soul.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Are you going to tell my wife how to live her life when you come to put me on the gurney?  If so, I'll save the toast and pray for your soul.

This is practically lyrics!   With a rhyme and everything!  The producer might even allow the "when you come to put me on the gurney" part.  Perhaps as a refrain?

When you come to put me on the gurney?

• Haha 3