ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

27 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

His arm is middle of the pack for NFL starting QBs. I don’t see that as being controversial. If you wanted to say it’s top 10 that’s fine- but what does that even mean? Nothing. It’s not anything we haven’t seen before. His arm alone won’t keep him in the league like it has for other journeymen.

The longer you go on the dumber your argument gets.  Seriously this is worse than the clownish argument that he didn’t stay in NJ

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The longer you go on the dumber your argument gets.  Seriously this is worse than the clownish argument that he didn’t stay in NJ

Bagel boss getting turned up

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

All Zach Wilson information warrants an independent thread.  This post should not have been merged.

I'm vexed.  I'm terribly vexed. 

There were three ZW threads on the first page today, all started by you. All of your Zach thoughts and news belong in this thread. Please help the community and put them in here yourself. Thanks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, slats said:

There were three ZW threads on the first page today, all started by you. All of your Zach thoughts and news belong in this thread. Please help the community and put them in here yourself. Thanks. 

I'm deeply hurt by this.   Bad enough there has been a 13 year playoff drought.  Now I'm being rebuked for posting a quality thread for the cult of Zach Wilson members. 

I want pain and suffering.  I'm asking for someone to step forward and give me legal counsel. 

90 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 35 second until NFL regular season kickoff.  

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson failing would be very embarrassing for many highly-connected posters here. It’s our version of the Epstein Files

i had zw on my do not draft list.  i saw it coming.  winning two meaningless games awarded the jets zw over trevor lawrence.  this is still an open wound even though they have rodgers on retainer for a couple more years.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

i had zw on my do not draft list.  i saw it coming.  winning two meaningless games awarded the jets zw over trevor lawrence.  this is still an open wound even though they have rodgers on retainer for a couple more years.  

You: <types “Zach Wilson” into the Thread Title field>

Slats:

IMG_5307.webp

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You: <types “Zach Wilson” into the Thread Title field>

Slats:

IMG_5307.webp

That's only because when @slats is hunting Milf and Cougars in the Rivieria Maya every time one of those see his Jets thong they say" That's Zachs team, he's so cute!" To the point poor Slats had to change the name of his penis from White Chocolate to Mount Zach. Man gotta do what a man gotta do!

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That's only because when @slats is hunting Milf and Cougars in the Rivieria Maya every time one of those see his Jets thong they say" That's Zachs team, he's so cute!" To the point poor Slats had to change the name of his penis from White Chocolate to Mount Zach. Man gotta do what a man gotta do!

The Zach underwear is so yesteryear. Nowadays I’m treating the milfs with ayahuasca. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

can you share any positive highlights of Zach where his arm is on display. It’s been 3 years

I can show you his arm strength in every game he played.  No matter how lousy a QB he was he was a lousy QB with a strong arm.  Everyone and anyone who talks about him brings up his arm.  Here’s a gem for you though, doesn’t make him good, it’s alright to acknowledge his arm

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, Matt39 said:

What is a live arm? Like what does that mean and why is it relevant? There aren’t any throws that Wilson made in NFL games that pretty much every NFl starter couldn’t make. 

That’s what they used to say about Sanchez. I’m just goofing around.  Like Zach does all offseason 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Jeff George’s arm > Zach’s arm and he sucked at QB as well. Byron Leftwich could throw a ball to Jupiter. Couldn’t play position consistently. Zach’s arm is the only positive he has so I understand the need for you to turn it into some sort of Unicorn, but it’s really not. Let’s say it’s above average but the rest of his game is way worst than his arm is special. 

That's a different point.  We were only talking about arm strength. 

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Lmfao 

please stop

Again...

https://sportsnaut.com/zach-wilson-achieves-69-mph-fastest-throw-for-qb/

The data and analytics company which has worked closely with the NFL since at least 2015, recently clocked Wilson throwing 69 mph during Jets training camp. It’s reportedly the fastest any QB has been measured to throw, in any setting, according to Next Gen Stats.

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2024 at 2:16 PM, Jack Straw said:

The dude is still only 24 - he's got plenty of ability. He's got plenty of time to figure it out ala Geno Smith.

Geno Smith being the new posterboy for being patient with QBs is f**king hilarious.

So you’re saying in 9 years Zach, too, can be a league average NFL QB on his 4th team?  Say less, fam!!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Geno Smith being the new posterboy for being patient with QBs is f**king hilarious.

So you’re saying in 9 years Zach, too, can be a league average NFL QB on his 4th team?  Say less, fam!!!

lol I mean yes, I do think that. Some QBs need several years to get the mental part of the game down. I thought and continue to think the same for players like Sam Darnold, too. 

The lightbulb goes off at different times for different players. Sometimes it never goes off, and that could be true for Zach...but I think he can figure it out at some point if put in the right situation at the right time.

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2024 at 5:35 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

We all know he can do it.  He has all the skill and talent.  But does he have it upstairs to actually do it?

Sean Payton will find that out.

We do? I’m not sure I know that. I’m kind dense though. But still no. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

lol I mean yes, I do think that. Some QBs need several years to get the mental part of the game down. I thought and continue to think the same for players like Sam Darnold, too. 

The lightbulb goes off at different times for different players. Sometimes it never goes off, and that could be true for Zach...but I think he can figure it out at some point if put in the right situation at the right time.

Except that Geno’s problem was maturity, not so much ability.

Zach’s issues are more like Sanchez/Darnold’s, only even worse.  He lacks maturity AND ability (mental processing), and his issues are worse than any of those former Jet QBs.