Jets (and 49ers and Colts) attempted to trade for Justin Jefferson before the draft

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10123577-nfl-rumors-justin-jefferson-trade-attempted-by-jets-49ers-colts-before-draft

NFL Rumors: Justin Jefferson Trade Attempted by Jets, 49ers, Colts Before Draft

The Minnesota Vikings announced they agreed to a contract extension with wide receiver Justin Jefferson on Monday, but other teams around the league reportedly thought he was at least available enough to reach out about trades prior to that development.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday on his podcast that the New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts and San Francisco 49ers all reached out to Minnesota about a potential Jefferson trade ahead of the 2024 NFL draft.

"Every team that called the Vikings before the draft was told 'we're not trading him,'" Schefter said (six-minute mark). "The conversations went nowhere with anybody."

Jets, niners, colts and 29 other nfl teams called the vikings about justin jefferson.  Its called due dilligence.  I would be a fireable offense if a gm did not pick up the phone about this.

And a phone called is not a trade attempt.  Jet fans fooled again….

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets, niners, colts and 29 other nfl teams called the vikings about justin jefferson.  Its called due dilligence.  I would be a fireable offense if a gm did not pick up the phone about this.

how are we being fooled Joe?

If true, we know that up until at least before the draft JD was interested in trading resources for and likely paying an elite WR if the price was right. We know that he was also in on Keenan Allen. Since we still haven't acquired a big time WR he may not be done at that position.

I woulda traded Garrett Wilson from him straight up.

We have ONE YEAR left with AR before this whole thing blows up with massive contracts, including Garrett (and Sauce, and Breece, and Jermain, and AVT, and DJ Reed, and MC2, etc)

I know Garrett is young and great, but Justin Jefferson is young and greater. Yes, we'd be handing out a massive WR contract a year early, but....

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

We have ONE YEAR left with AR before this whole thing blows up with massive contracts, including Garrett (and Sauce, and Breece, and Jermain, and AVT, and DJ Reed, and MC2, etc)

I know Garrett is young and great, but Justin Jefferson is young and greater. Yes, we'd be handing out a massive WR contract a year early, but....

Jefferson is amazing, but Lets see Garret with competent QBing. He was OROY and good last year with hot garbage and double teamed every play. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If true, we know that up until at least before the draft JD was interested in trading resources for and likely paying an elite WR if the price was right. We know that he was also in on Keenan Allen. Since we still haven't acquired a big time WR he may not be done at that position.

A phone call regarding a player is not a trade attempt.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm about through with his routine of trolling the board for another season already and it's only June 5th. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm about through with his routine of trolling the board for another season already and it's only June 5th. 

Yes, 90% of the boards threads and post are bashing every aspect of the team but im the troll.

You really cant make this up.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, 90% of the boards threads and post are bashing every aspect of the team but im the troll.

Your act is a little tired at this point. We need more refreshing material from you 

42 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bashing the jets in every thread is tired at this point.

Except no one bashed the Jets in this thread and you were the first to reply with a troll post that lacked any kind of creativity or humor. Just make them funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Was this after the Mike Williams acquisition? Because this would imply that they're still going to bring in another wr 

Was what?? 

Can't you read above? Inquiring about what it'd take to trade for a star player isn't attempting to trade for that player. Teams always inquire about players they aren't attempting to trade for, based on that availability.

I'm sure this offseason the Chiefs called up the Jaguars to inquire about the availability of Trevor Lawrence. You know, not because they're trying to trade for him, of course, but because they're just curious if he's available & what it'd take to get him. Because every team totally does this, like all the time: inquiring about tagged/optioned players they're not actually trying to trade for. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Like a broken clock, every now and then you are correct.  Jets in need of WR, you do your due diligence and speak to the Vikes GM at a minimum.  I'd be angry if he didn't.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok Cleo! 

4 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Omg no.  Wilson may, likely, be Jefferson with Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hello Sperm Edwards, my name is Dr Crushlove and I very well may have a cure for what’s ailing you. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not to worry, we've got Izzy Abanikanda.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If the Jets, Niners, Colts and 29 other nfl teams called the Vikings, does that mean they called themselves?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hello Sperm Edwards, my name is Dr Crushlove and I very well may have a cure for what’s ailing you. 

Crushy, Im sure ull ban me again.  I just hope b4 that happens, Ill have opened enough eyes about how negative this place is and maybe, we can start enjoying being on the cusp of a 13-4 division winning season.  If ive done that it was well worth it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Crushy, Im sure ull ban me again.  I just hope b4 that happens, Ill have opened enough eyes about how negative this place is and maybe, we can start enjoying being on the cusp of a 13-4 division winning season.  If ive done that it was well worth it.

Just stop with the direct call outs of us Jet fans here and I personally would  feel no need to ban you. For the most part you are pretty funny if not modestly redundant at times. It’s just you calling out our Jet fans here is nothing any of us want to hear and won’t be tolerated for too long . That’s all dude, no hard feelings. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1