Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Huff didn't want to come back because he wanted a full time gig which the jets couldn't offer... 

Huff wanted to leave... They pivoted to reddick and we're told he wasn't going to hold out... Now he does... Somehow that is all JD or sales fault... Got it... 

the Eagles situation is the same as the Jets. They have Josh Sweat and drafted Nolan Smith

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Good. Gives the trolls and crybabies something to focus on lol. 

Reality is not trolling.  It was a terrible deal for the NY Jets and it will go without any type of accountability. 

we had a better option  for this weam in Huff who Joe let walk -a 10 year old knew that Reddick was not going to be content unless he got a new  lucrative deal

Eagles ate Joes lunch with this trade

Just now, Bronx said:

Reality is not trolling.  It was a terrible deal for the NY Jets and it will go without any type of accountability. 

What was JD suppose to do... Huff wanted to be a full 3 down edge (his words) ... Jets couldn't honor that so he left. 

Not sure how this gets missed in all the hatred.. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Huff stated as such... That he wanted a full time gig... Not my words... You take that how you want

The Eagles edge rusher isn’t an every down player. They took Smith in the first round like the Jets did with McDonald. 

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Huff didn't want to come back because he wanted a full time gig which the jets couldn't offer... 

Huff wanted to leave... They pivoted to reddick and we're told he wasn't going to hold out... Now he does... Somehow that is all JD or sales fault... Got it... 

Living that Madden life JVOR!!

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The player was pretty upfront on wanting a new deal. This is entirely on the Jets for not doing their homework (again) on the player. Reeks of pure laziness on the Jets end. 

You may or may not be right but come on...we don't know anything yet.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

58D? Those are big Bossoms

Big-ish but they’re strapped to an oil drum.

This is loljets but if we’re being honest Douglas was preparing to be a lame duck before he even had the job. He walks around with Rex’s expired pretzel m&ms in his cheeks like cyanide capsules.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Do you just wait for negative articles on the Jets so you can be the first to post... I mean seriously... I understand not liking the team you route for but you are like a dog in heat waiting for negative information 

I'm pretty sick of Adam Schfter reporting on the Jets as if they were an actual NFL team.  

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The player was pretty upfront on wanting a new deal. This is entirely on the Jets for not doing their homework (again) on the player. Reeks of pure laziness on the Jets end. 

lol.  you think they didn't do their "homework" on him?  they didn't bother to check the guys contract?   Because they were "lazy"?

you have very little ability to think rationally on anything related to Jets management.  do what happened in your view at 1JD?

and my guess is that you very rarely have negotiated big/complex deals with various parties.

He's not sitting out the year.  

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, kmnj said:

we had a better option  for this weam in Huff who Joe let walk -a 10 year old knew that Reddick was not going to be content unless he got a new  lucrative deal

I'm pretty certain the one thing Joe doesn't trade is his lunch. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, kmnj said:

a third round 2026 pick is getting lunch eaten?

and Huff wasn't going to sign here no matter what.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

lol.  you think they didn't do their "homework" on him?  they didn't bother to check the guys contract?   Because they were "lazy"?

you have very little ability to think rationally on anything related to Jets management.  do what happened in your view at 1JD?

and my guess is that you very rarely have negotiated big/complex deals with various parties.

^ complex deal maker 

46 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Facts get in the way of the outrage.  In the fantasy land JD should have know Reddick would reneg on his word and hold out and Huff would have accepted his part time roll here 

• Upvote 1

Just now, batman10023 said:

Agree 100% At his age he can't afford to miss an entire season. It will hurt his chances for the big payday he's looking for. And I'm sure the 50k a day he's being fined for missing camp will eventually get to him.

When he does finally get here and play (and he will) there is no way he is going to half ass it with his next contract on the line. The Jets are in the driver's seat. This is a terrible miscalculation by Reddicks agent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ToonforPrez said:

Wow did the crystal ball tell you this? I have a feeling that there was a verbal agreement, and the player reneged on that agreement.

Which is fine but be a man and speak how you feel. These players nowadays have no Integrity or Character.

pulling things out of thin air and making assumptions without information can lead to many questioning the persons integrity or character.

• Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Do you just wait for negative articles on the Jets so you can be the first to post... I mean seriously... I understand not liking the team you route for but you are like a dog in heat waiting for negative information 

It wouldn't be the same around here without him.  One thing I can always be sure of..... @Matt39 will always be the first, or near the first, to post negative news.  It's a staple of this board.  Just like @Joe W. Namath insulting everyone here for stating what's on their minds.  I'd rather read the always bad news from Matt than the constant whining about other Jets fans from our hall monitor, TBH.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Facts get in the way of the outrage.  In the fantasy land JD should have know Reddick would reneg on his word and hold out and Huff would have accepted his part time roll here 

Do you have any evidence of Reddick giving the Jets a verbal agreement? Has Douglas appeared publicly since the trade?

Just now, Dcat said:

It wouldn't be the same around here without him.  One thing I can always be sure of..... @Matt39 will always be the first, or near the first, to post negative news.  It's a staple of this board.  Just like @Joe W. Namath insulting everyone here for stating what's on their minds.  I'd rather read the news from Matt than the constant whining about other Jets fans from our hall monitor TBH.

I just want the team to make the playoffs. This specific instance of trading for a player who was a clear holdout, is a new one for the Jets. This doesn’t happen to other franchises. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dcat said:

It wouldn't be the same around here without him.  One thing I can always be sure of..... @Matt39 will always be the first, or near the first, to post negative news.  It's a staple of this board.  Just like @Joe W. Namath insulting everyone here for stating what's on their minds.  I'd rather read the news from Matt than the constant whining about other Jets fans from our hall monitor TBH.

Oof. I'm going to have to disagree with that 😅

And how do you feel about calling another poster a "shill" for posting how he feels? Seems like the same as what you are opposed to 🤷 

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade