Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My guess is they aren’t going to give him a raise. Maybe just make the contract more guaranteed. Where if he gets injured. We don’t just cut him

The part I don’t understand is why not show up, have the conversation and most likely within a day or two you know if it is acceptable or not

if not acceptable, leave

i just don’t get it and have to think this is his agents driving him

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

YPG allowed is about to go up big-time.  But hopefully having an offense that can score on the other side means turnovers forced is about to go up too (or at least stay about the same as last year), no?

Yes, although one specific fear I have with the defense is injuries. We mostly had excellent injury luck on the defensive side of the ball these past 2 years. I’m worried that changes this year 

• Upvote 1

Everything you say is only to bash the Jets... You have never said one positive thing about them...
Nobody is saying JD is great or the coaching staff is the best... But this is the most talented team we have seen in at least a decade if not more... Who put that together?... 
Some times things take time to work out... Look at Leon Rose... Everyone bashed him for years because the Knicks didn't change... But what happened... They finally have a contending deep team after 30+ years of ineptitude because of the slow methodical build of a championship roster... 
Whether you feel that way of not about the Jets is your own thing, but the constant dumping on the franchise shows that you are just trolling consistently. This team is built very well and has a roster that compete even with all the terrible discisions that JD has made... 
JD was a rookie GM and made/ still makes bad moves and contracts but it seems he doesn't repeat mistakes... 
First mistake was the kicker... Have the Jets have kicker problems since...? 
Criticism of bad mistakes is fine if you ever recognize the good.... But that is not you and most of the rest of you 'jets fans' trolling this board... 
It's ridiculously over the top negativity or no reason...
I love when you guys just point to the record saying he is horrible... Not to compare one to the other but only proving it takes time to learn the job Belicheck was 36-44 with the Browns before becoming the coach he was in the end... 
Nobody wants you or your cronies to populate the board every 2 seconds like a bunch of butt hurt Karen's... 
Be objective... Don't be a crying fool

The Jets had a kicker problem from 2019-2021

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • More Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yes, although one specific fear I have with the defense is injuries. We mostly had excellent injury luck on the defensive side of the ball these past 2 years. I’m worried that changes this year 

But injuries always happen to every team, and at this point the saleh/douglas regime is dependent on these 2 veteran qbs remaining healthy enough so run an efficient offense to finally take the pressure of the defense.  It’s also easier to play d with a lead vs always coming from behind and having to make key stops to get the ball back to hopefully tie the game.  

Seriously that is your response.... Get a life... 

Well when you want to make stuff up don’t be surprised when people correct you and the fact that your response is to tell me to get a life shows how you can’t handle any criticism.

But if you want my Joe Douglas opinion. His winning percentage is only above Kotite and Al Ward. It’s the final year of his 6 year deal. All the excuses are over. It’s time to provide a winning product.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, mfmartin said:

Well when you want to make stuff up don’t be surprised when people correct you and the fact that your response is to tell me to get a life shows how you can’t handle any criticism.

But if you want my Joe Douglas opinion. His winning percentage is only above Kotite and Al Ward. It’s the final year of his 6 year deal. All the excuses are over. It’s time to provide a winning product.

I can't recall many off-season winter opinions to extend Douglas now.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

Who is to say that won't? Have you seen the future? 

I am not making sh*t up... The jets don't have a kicking problem anymore right?... Right... OK so who is making sh*t up

Who is to say that won't? Have you seen the future? 
I am not making sh*t up... The jets don't have a kicking problem anymore right?... Right... OK so who is making sh*t up

You acted like they had a kicking problem for a hot minute and not 3 seasons that only ended when the kicker missed 3 extra points against the Eagles.

• More Ugh 1

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But the Jets do have nice depth to withstand some injuries on the defensive side, plus they don't have Whitehead. This defense might be better this year because I don't foresee the offense going 3 and out every other series. That will limit their time on the field, and keep them well rested. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

And they still won't extend him so he really does have to play. 

He'll be a year older, the "LeVeon Bell stink" will be all over him. He will realize the market he wanted the year before never came and he will either play for his slightly sweetened contract or risk sitting out another year which will NEVER happen if he ever wants to get a big money deal again. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Nah .. this is the same sh*t Assman was spewing.... There was a verbal agreement/understanding prior to to trade between Reddick and the Jets FO. Reddick's agents are trying to maximize their profits on a depreciating asset. He will be 30 next year.

Jets should hold fast ... They have other fish to fry contract wise next year. Reddick can sit and rot, or he can use the opportunity to increase his value heading into free agency.

Don't forget that the Team offered him a contract .. which he declined.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm since we weren’t there we have to assume common sense would be involved. 

I ask you if you had been underpaid for years by tens of millions of dollars would you hold the position you do?

39 minutes ago, Claymation said:

What does Reddick want, specifically?

A Danielle Hunter 2 year - 48 million deal?

My guess is this was the starting point.  Probably a 3-year deal with the final one being easy to get out of would have been a fair middleground, IF Reddick's camp could be fair on this.

Sums things up here

Reddick wasn’t willing to play out his final year (with zero gtd left) for his hometown Eagles who are a SB contender.

Why in the world would the Jets think he’d be willing to do it for them?

It shows a naïveté on the part of Douglas, Saleh and Woodrow.

You either get a deal done as part of the trade negotiations or you don’t make the trade.

At this point though, all the Jets probably need to do is guarantee his 14M plus a few M more in realistic incentives for this year and I think he probably crawls back to them.

• Post of the Week 3
  • More Ugh 2

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I ask you if you had been underpaid for years by tens of millions of dollars would you hold the position you do?

It has been reported by multiple sources that they did offer a contract, and he declined. They also told this Asshat that if he showed up to workouts with his Teammates, they would discuss an adjusted contract. This is not on the Jets this is on the player and an Agent trying to make the franchise look like fools!  we have a FO that is not going to be pushed around and that is refreshing and it's about time.   

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

You acted like they had a kicking problem for a hot minute and not 3 seasons that only ended when the kicker missed 3 extra points against the Eagles.

No I never said that... I said he is a learning gm and he has built a championship roster over time... The jets haven't had a kicker problem in years... I gave an example of one of the first problems people had with him... 

Is it a problem now? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But that's why the FO/CS has hammered away at adding...and finding...quality depth.  Say what you will about Saleh but his main guy Ulbrich is very good at uncovering useful pieces from the FA trash heap and UDFA pile. 

Maybe we wouldn't be able to survive a major injury to a QW/Sauce but there's a lot of guys to turn to on the DL and secondary if other guys get hurt.

If there is one thing that I hang my hat on this team is for Ulbrich to generate pressure. It has been the ONLY and I mean ONLY consistent hallmark of this regime. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Reddick and his agent are the ones who negotiated the contract. So he has no one to blame except himself. Using common sense and all.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If there is one thing that I hang my hat on this team is for Ulbrich to generate pressure. It has been the ONLY and I mean ONLY consistent hallmark of this regime. 

And after year after frustrating year (since 2004?) of watching a Jets D unable to get out of their blocks and generate a rush without heavy blitzing....it's certainly refreshing.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

It's a fair question and a tough one.  But ultimately, the Jets did not make the rules.  The league did.  He's seen two teams hesitant to give him the contract he wants.  I'll admit I would have expected a bigger market for him and was surprised we got him as cheap as we did but it is what it is.  I wonder if this has his agent worried that the BIG FA deal he wants next year won't materialize so they are trying to lock it in now rather than face that embarrassment.  I completely support the Jets not wanting to bid against themselves locking him up to a monster deal when they (or some other team) would sign him cheaper next year. 

FWIW we are handcuffed by $50M in dead money this season.  As a result, we are tight now ($19M) but have the 6th highest cap room next season, of which we will need every penny.  I'm guessing that they always and only viewed this as a one-year deal to maximize their chances, or at most extend him one more year.  But they can only really bump him to about $18M without redoing other contracts and with that much dead money, there isn't really a lot more they can do.

So yes, perhaps there were some flawed assumptions made by the Jets, but plenty of guys have bet on themselves in their contract year so it's not like this is normal.  Somewhere along the way, it feels like Reddick's position changed.  If they end up having to trade his rights, got out of the pick owed to PHI, and got something more for it (maybe a 2025 3rd), it will end up a free draft pick which ultimately isn't the worst thing to ever happen.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My guess is this was the starting point.  Probably a 3-year deal with the final one being easy to get out of would have been a fair middleground, IF Reddick's camp could be fair on this.

Are they? If that was their intention, wouldn't it have been better to release that to the press.

• Upvote 1

Not sure this is 60 page worthy but I guess we have to manufacture some kind of crisis. 

He's either gonna show up or he won't but his absence won't have a meaningful impact in our AFCE championship aspirations.  It's all about the Revenge Tour baby. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Are they? If that was their intention, wouldn't it have been better to release that to the press.

Probably not.  I think the Jets balked at Danielle Hunter numbers and wanted to wait as long as possible to talk extension.  Reddick's camp probably assumed it would be re-visited in the summer, NOT pushed to the end of the season.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

It has been reported by multiple sources that they did offer a contract, and he declined. They also told this Asshat that if he showed up to workouts with his Teammates, they would discuss an adjusted contract. This is not on the Jets this is on the player and an Agent trying to make the franchise look like fools!  we have a FO that is not going to be pushed around and that is refreshing and it's about time.   

Why do you think Reddick would be willing to play under his current deal for the Jets if he was unwilling for the Eagles?

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

But injuries always happen to every team, and at this point the saleh/douglas regime is dependent on these 2 veteran qbs remaining healthy enough so run an efficient offense to finally take the pressure of the defense.  It’s also easier to play d with a lead vs always coming from behind and having to make key stops to get the ball back to hopefully tie the game.  

I don’t disagree, but I remain fearful of a catastrophic injury to Sauce, Quinnen, or Quincy 

8 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

right, but if he declined the contract why on earth would you trade for him? Most of the board giving the benefit of the doubt to the team that they've watched screw basically everything up for the past 14 years is weird. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t disagree, but I remain fearful of a catastrophic injury to Sauce, Quinnen, or Quincy 

Sure but, if you can score points you can win games.  The problem is with wilson the defense had to pitch like degrom to win

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

Why do you think Reddick would be willing to play under his current deal for the Jets if he was unwilling for the Eagles?

My guess is would have been willing...but preferred to try to get what he could.  Just like he is now.  He hoped that the Jets being a different franchise and maybe even one known to sometimes cave to a player's demands (thanks Woody!) that he'd be able to throw some weight around.

Ultimately whether he's "willing" or not is irrelevant:  He'll have to show up to play for the Jets no later than Week 6 or else they run this situation back next year (when he'll be entering his age 31 season) OR maybe by then he forces a trade (perhaps with a new Jets regime calling the shots?) to a THIRD franchise that may not be willing to pay him, either.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Costello from the Post, Cimini, Connor Hughes from SNY and the list goes on.

For anybody to say they haven't read about it, at this point is pretty ridiculous, unless you keep your head buried in the sand.

But to @Scott Dierking 's point, nobody has reported on what the actual details of the contract offer were, probably because nobody knows other then JD & key front office folks, who I'm certain are under a GAG order to not speak about it.

They probably kept it secret from Reddick and his agent.  Might be why he hasn’t shown up yet.

• Haha 4