Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I can tell you one thing for certain.  I'm not part of any army.  What exactly am I defending?  Everybody knew the guy didn't love his deal.  You are acting like he has been a Revis level hold-out his entire career.  I defend this move as a worthy risk.  It doesn't look good now, but no matter what you and shills for CA are spouting, the fat lady hasn't started singing yet.

More sacks this year- Huff or Reddick?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How do you see this ending? 

Probably quite badly.  I assume he will come in close to the last minute.  Meaning after the season started. 

I think the Jets are playing it right by acting like out of sight out of mind.  Beyond people being worried about dumping JFM I don't see much risk.  A 2 year in the future 3rd is almost nothing.  I liked JFM, but I'm not worried about losing him.  

I would not have made this deal.  Mainly because it is the Eagles.  It makes it look took much like a player for player swap.  Like when they used the Revis pick to draft Milliner.  Maybe this was supposed to take the heat off McDonald but it actually makes it worse.  I think that Reddick's camp has misjudged the situation.  Either they think he is worth much more than he actually is, or they think they can force the Jets to bend over and give out a big deal.  I guess they still may be right on the latter.  It is a shame that this all happened this way and just based on press/public perception not worth it.  OTOH, if you told me a future 3rd for a 50% chance of Reddick as his present deal, I'd say - sure, why not? 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

More sacks this year- Huff or Reddick?

I don't really care.  Literally why I just said I would not have made the deal.  This is not a player for player swap, but it ends up looking like one.  Both might well end up with more sacks than Burns, but I'd rather have Burns if we are picking players and ignoring contracts.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

How much is Reddick's agent paying you?

Reddick is tanking himself. Why the Jets didn’t sniff this out beforehand, is no one’s fault but their own. You don’t get fired for hiring IBM. You get fired for hiring the guy who doesn’t show up. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't really care.  Literally why I just said I would not have made the deal.  This is not a player for player swap, but it ends up looking like one.  Both might well end up with more sacks than Burns, but I'd rather have Burns if we are picking players and ignoring contracts.

In essence it was a swap, save the difference in the tag vs whatever Reddick ends up getting. This is likely the last year for Saleh and Douglas, so again the rationale isn’t there. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Probably quite badly.  I assume he will come in close to the last minute.  Meaning after the season started. 

I think the Jets are playing it right by acting like out of sight out of mind.  Beyond people being worried about dumping JFM I don't see much risk.  A 2 year in the future 3rd is almost nothing.  I liked JFM, but I'm not worried about losing him.  

I would not have made this deal.  Mainly because it is the Eagles.  It makes it look took much like a player for player swap.  Like when they used the Revis pick to draft Milliner.  Maybe this was supposed to take the heat off McDonald but it actually makes it worse.  I think that Reddick's camp has misjudged the situation.  Either they think he is worth much more than he actually is, or they think they can force the Jets to bend over and give out a big deal.  I guess they still may be right on the latter.  It is a shame that this all happened this way and I just based on press/public perception not worth it.  OTOH, if you told me a future 3rd for a 50% chance of Reddick as his present deal, I'd say - sure, why not? 

I think I agree with most of this—that it was a deal that shouldn’t have been made, particularly if they didn’t have at least the framework for a contract resolution sorted out. The Eagles don’t usually lose these trades, and people who sign their free agents tend to get cooked. Douglas, currently, is cooked. Also agree that adding Reddick is worthwhile because he’s a better player than Huff, but there were so many red flags in Douglas’ face I’m surprised he bit as hard as he did. End of the day, an unforced error. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think I agree with most of this—that it was a deal that shouldn’t have been made, particularly if they didn’t have at least the framework for a contract resolution sorted out. The Eagles don’t usually lose these trades, and people who sign their free agents tend to get cooked. Douglas, currently, is cooked. Also agree that adding Reddick is worthwhile because he’s a better player than Huff, but there were so many red flags in Douglas’ face I’m surprised he bit as hard as he did. End of the day, an unforced error. 

THAT'S WHY I HAD THAT CRAZY CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Send Reddick to Naughty Player Jail and let him think about what he’s doing to Joe Douglas: The Man Who Drafted Sauce Gardner and Garrett Wilson In The Top Ten Once

Jets fans treating this like the GM getting paid 6 mill a year got swindled on Facebook marketplace in a police station lot

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Bell didn’t care about his career at that point.  he just wanted to get paid even if it was going to one of the worst teams in the league, which he did. Bell just cared about the money and he still got that big contract.

He lost total overall money from missing that year.  Plus shortening it after failing here.  He’s stated it as well.

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Jets fans treating this like the GM getting paid 6 mill a year got swindled on Facebook marketplace in a police station lot

These "Jets Fans" that you speak of, exactly who are they? You seem to have a proclivity of lumping large clumps of people into a homogenous meld based upon some imaginary thought that comes into your head.     

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

These "Jets Fans" that you speak of, exactly who are they? You seem to have a proclivity of lumping large clumps of people into a homogenous meld based upon some imaginary thought that comes into your head.     

@dbatesman post that thing about people inventing someone to be mad at then getting mad at that guy, lol.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Claymation said:

I am glad you are completely honest with me as opposed to somewhat honest. There is no need to have-ass honesty.

In the movie Interstellar it was suggested that ideally humans should be about 90 % honest with each other and that spoke to me.

"Absolute honesty isn't always the most diplomatic, nor the safest form of communication with emotional beings."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In the movie Interstellar it was suggested that ideally humans should be about 90 % honest with each other and that spoke to me.

"Absolute honesty isn't always the most diplomatic, nor the safest form of communication with emotional beings."

Of course it did. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@dbatesman post that thing about people inventing someone to be mad at then getting mad at that guy, lol.

The Jets fans who care that the GM traded for a player who’s not going to show up in a season with a 41 year old QB are actually the real problem. 

• Haha 2

The Jets fans who care that the GM traded for a player who’s not going to show up in a season with a 41 year old QB are actually the real problem. 

The fans are the problem? 😅

JD is a great GM.  Look at the talent on the roster.  He’s only 40 games below .500 as a GM but that’s because the coaching staff failed Zach

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Haha I'm on your side on this one I just really like that tweet dbatesman posts sometimes - it implicates a multitude of posters on this board.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Fans buying season tickets enables the idiot owner to believe he can be a shadow NFL GM for 15 years with 0 consequences 

So it's the season ticket holders' fault for the Jets lack of success. You hear that, guys? It's all your fault!!! 😅

It would be nice if we could double the fines or something.

Honestly I think the Giants game is the real Rubicon here.  Not the game itself but the timing of it.  Once that game is done this entire team needs to be 100% into their pregame preparation for the San Francisco 49ers.  No time for this kind of nonsense or the distractions that it brings.

Park him for the duration and tell him that the long range weather forecast is looking "FINE" for next year around this time too.  

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is absolutely true. 

Even 90% sounds a bit high, to be honest! 

• Haha 1