Non Jets training camp news around the league.....

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Hmm. 

I don’t think you should pass on a prospect you like over a broken leg. If you think Jordan Travis is a bad QB prospect, that’s a valid argument that you very well may be correct about and can be debated. 

But passing on a guy over a broken leg seems incredibly short-sighted. Once the Jets signed Taylor to backup Rodgers, no rookie QB was in this year’s plans, anyway. (Unless you are arguing that the broken leg will have long term consequences?)

Depends on whether the injury was actually “catastrophic,” as the original poster said. If it WAS a catastrophic injury, then by all means, you pass on him because his days as a high level athlete are over. If he can come back from the injury and play well, then the injury was not catastrophic.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

OUCH. I didn't think it was that bad.

One series....so it is what it is.  I think the only catchable pass he threw was high.  I am not saying he is terrible, but he is what he is.  If Maye succeeds he gets credit.

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Has anyone told you lately the Patriots ******* suck?

Not today.

4 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Depends on whether the injury was actually “catastrophic,” as the original poster said. If it WAS a catastrophic injury, then by all means, you pass on him because his days as a high level athlete are over. If he can come back from the injury and play well, then the injury was not catastrophic.

“Catastrophic” is a vague word in this context. What matters is if he can make a full recovery or not. I haven’t heard anyone suggest that he’s a risk to not play again. 

31 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

“Catastrophic” is a vague word in this context. What matters is if he can make a full recovery or not. I haven’t heard anyone suggest that he’s a risk to not play again. 

Yeah,I was just poking at JWN, who keeps citing his “catastrophic” injury as the reason why nothing should be expected from him this year, as if that’s a good thing. But I agree — no indication he won’t play again.

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2024 at 10:54 PM, Raideraholic said:

First off no Jet fan has the right to call any team fan delusional.  That’s all you’re every offseason , only to see your team crash and burn.  Second the regular season almost here .  Let’s see because I know what my teams going to be.     Keep this and let’s see who will have the last laugh.     It will be proven on the football field not in message board .  

You understand that you are a punchline on this board, right? Not the Raiders but YOU. Why are you here? We DO NOT CARE about the Raiders. Has the rest of your fanbase got the free Starlink internet yet? FFS, start a Raiders board if you can't find one bro.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Brady still looking to get an ownership gig in the NFL, I see!

Hoping he sucks as a color commentator 

I have a small feeling he will. He was really kind of an ass in front of the media until later in his career when his PR team started doing his social media and rebuilt his image.

I think fatherhood chilled him out a little too, but I still think he's been made out to be a lot more personable than he is.

Then again, several of the NFL commentators are insufferable 😅 maybe Brady fits in

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Raiders offense looks nice.  Like ive said before, an 8 win team last year and they upgraded at coach, qb and overall talent.

Now they might not make the playoffs but this is a solid, competitive team that will be in the race down to the wire.

Look man. I'm going to have a hard time supporting your captainship if you keep shilling for the f@cking Raiders. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Look man. I'm going to have a hard time supporting your captainship if you keep shilling for the f@cking Raiders. 

Why?  What do you see in an 8 win team from last year that has improved this offseason?

What am I missing that jet fans think this is some terrible team?  Its not.

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why?  What do you see in an 8 win team from last year that has improved this offseason?

What am I missing that jet fans think this is some terrible team?  Its not.

You're missing the fact that no one gives a sh*t about the Raiders. And you shouldn't either.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

JJ McCarthy lit it up today.  So huge for him and nix to have offensive genius head coaches grooming them.

The reason ehy I think bo nix will win rookie of the year and a kid like mccarthy will look better then caleb williams.

Danny Wuerful lit it up in preseason.   It literally means nothing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well , this is a thread about teams other than the jets so………

good point.  I see the Raiders as a 7 win team max. Don't trust QBs there.  RB room consists of Zeus, Mattison, Abdullah and the small rookie for returns.  Excuse me, but yuk. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/6/2024 at 8:59 PM, Raideraholic said:

Raiders have too much talent on offense , you will see when they play preseason games.

On 8/7/2024 at 10:43 PM, Raideraholic said:

This defense is so deep you will see in the preseason how they dominate all first, second and third string other teams.

I’m not one to respond to sh*t talk from other fans, but you reeeeeeeeeeeally need to learn the saying "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones” because the fact that you come here to roast the Jets, as well as Jets fans on a Jets message board to pump up the Raiders year in and year out is just obnoxious.  You have the audacity to call us delusional, yet there isn’t a single fan here that thinks the Jets haven’t sucked since 2010 or who would ever post the way you do about the Raiders, in regard to the Jets.  For crying out loud, even when there is a single positive post here, it’s basically made with bated breath and cautious optimism, Rodgers and all.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1