Training Camp Updates - Friday Aug 2

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Well I mean you did decide to be the Fire Marshall of hell giant man. 

Had to do the lawn today... with this "Tropical Weather Rain Monster Debbie" thing heading here if I waited, it would be 4' tall by the time it dried out. LOL. Brutal. Bad enough I told the kids to just chill and let Dad handle it, fat and old, I am still WAY more acclimated to hot weather work than they are. Every time I think about complaining about the heat, I think "It could be worse, I could be in 100 lbs of gear in a structure fire... or stuffed into MOPP 3 Chem Suit in the back of a Bradley in Iraq". Seems to do the trick. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Had to do the lawn today... with this "Tropical Weather Rain Monster Debbie" thing heading here if I waited, it would be 4' tall by the time it dried out. LOL. Brutal. Bad enough I told the kids to just chill and let Dad handle it, fat and old, I am still WAY more acclimated to hot weather work than they are. Every time I think about complaining about the heat, I think "It could be worse, I could be in 100 lbs of gear in a structure fire... or stuffed into MOPP 3 Chem Suit in the back of a Bradley in Iraq". Seems to do the trick. 

Yeah, that would suck, I mowed mine at 830 am. It was 82. Finished at 1030 it was 92. Got to 100 here today. Spent  afternoon at pool with grandson and wife, could certainly be worse, 

• Upvote 1

There has been a dramatic shift in the training camp attitude of this board.  

We’ve gone from fawning over guys like Chad Hansen with the unrealistic hopes that he would become a diamond in the rough of an otherwise pile of dogsh*t roster. 

To having unrealistic freak outs over what will likely be a complete non-issue during the season, whilst the offense is showing signs of doing things we haven’t seen since Ken O’Biren, Wesley Walker, and Al Toom. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Guess it’s pretty good that we haven’t heard Fashanus name at all. 

Moses gave him some love in his presser today. A couple tweets about him were positive.  He’s legit. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

There has been a dramatic shift in the training camp attitude of this board.  

We’ve gone from fawning over guys like Chad Hansen with the unrealistic hopes that he would become a diamond in the rough of an otherwise pile of dogsh*t roster. 

To having unrealistic freak outs over what will likely be a complete non-issue during the season, whilst the offense is showing signs of doing things we haven’t seen since Ken O’Biren, Wesley Walker, and Al Toom. 

i don't think anyone is freaking out. just saying, hopefully this kid can figure out how to snap soon 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This fundamentally misunderstands what coaches do and likewise shows ignorance to Carter‘s history as a failed coach. When he was first hired, Pauline had a personnel guy tell him at the Senior Bowl that hiring Carter was a “death wish.” Fast forward a few months and Duane Brown is trying to cut block Leonard Floyd, Rodgers is getting his Achilles snapped, and both Brown and Rodgers say afterward that neither of them wanted to use cut blocking. You know how you know Carter is terrible? The team took cut blocking entirely out of the playbook immediately. Never seen again last year. They couldn’t identify this as a problem all summer and had to wait until it ended the season? Add that to countless Titans players and several Jets expressing deep animus toward Carter—Taylor Lewan hates Carter so much that he rips him to this very day.

Fast forward to the Jets project in 2024—you’re integrating three brand new starters into a group where AVT barely played last season and the one constant on the line—Tippman—is having troubling performing the most basic task a center is asked to do in a game. It’s very much going to be on the OL coach to get all five of those guys playing together, and playing at an elite level because they’re blocking for a forty year old QB with a rickety chicken stick for a left leg. Carter is easily the most important coach on the team this season, and he’s far and away the one with the worst track record—even worse than Hackett, whom at least people seem to like. 

One more time, as others have also said. Why is it only Tippman.  As I said, why hasn’t other C’s he’s worked with had a problem.  I also could care less that Taylor Lewan has a problem with Carter because Carter wouldn’t go easy on him and other older lineman.  Or that he was too disrespectful and authoritarian for his liking.  
There's nothing worse than fans believing assistant coaches are the reasons some players have huge issues.  
And no, Torre didn’t coach Knoblauch to throw balls into the stands.  That would be as dumb as Carter coaching Tippman into snapping balls over Rodgers head.  Yankees lined up one coach after another to fix Knoblauchs throwing issues, did they all suck?  
He’s going through a bad patch.  Practice and concentration will get him on track or he’ll become a tall G.  No OL coach is going to whisper a magic cure into his ear to straighten him out.  Or worse, he’s been a meanie to Tippman and that caused Tippman to stress out.  

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What percentage of snaps are the other centers really getting? And if it is Tippman and it’s a continuing issue, it’s Carter’s issue to fix and what has Carter fixed here? 

looking mr rogers GIF by Won't You Be My Neighbor

@T0mShane New Focus of 2024 Season-

Keith Carter- He’s got his eye on you!

the eye flames GIF

2023 Focal Point-

Zach Wilson

Update from 2023- Zach could not overcome the gaze of the great overlord, and returned to the Shire to live out his remaining days in obscurity 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

looking mr rogers GIF by Won't You Be My Neighbor

@T0mShane New Focus of 2024 Season-

Keith Carter- He’s got his eye on you!

the eye flames GIF

2023 Focal Point-

Zach Wilson

Update from 2023- Zach could not overcome the gaze of the great overlord, and returned to the Shire to live out his remaining days in obscurity 

Gotta identify the structural weaknesses. Last three years was Zach, and specifically last season some of us were sounding the alarm at keeping Zach as the #2. This year, it’s going to be the OL. Three (really four) new disparate pieces being thrown in together under the purview of a catastrophically bad position coach. It’s not even doomerism or hyoerbole. Carter *already cost this franchise a season* with his bungling. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This year, it’s going to be the OL. Three (really four) new disparate pieces being thrown in together under the purview of a catastrophically bad position coach. It’s not even doomerism or hyoerbole. Carter *already cost this franchise a season* with his bungling. 

Thankfully, we have 3 veterans in Smith, Simpson and Moses and a “veteran” in AVT who’s missed a lot of time, but when healthy is a stud. I expect these 4 to blend well on either side of the ball. Tippman had a very good second half to the season and with Rodgers riding his ass, I expect great things from him.

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Exactly how bad are these snaps?   I keep hearing high.  Are they just high the qb has to reach up to get them or are they high as in over his head?

This is not even close to the spencer long disgrace with poor Darnold where the snaps were rolling over 5 feet over his head every fing time.

Until i hear the snaps are sailing over the qbs head i'm not worried, deal with QB1

The ridiculous thing about these guys continuing to obsess and panic, is that I haven't seen one mention of a high snap in the last 2-3 practices.  They're acting like he's making multiple bad snaps every practice or making more bad snaps than good.  They're being totally childish and absurd.

The guy made very few shotgun snaps at Wisconsin.  This isn't something he's done his whole life as a center.  It's reasonable that he's going to have some bad snaps.  Posters just need to relax and not get their panties in a wad.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, neckdemon said:

At some point if tippman can't get his yips under control they will need to replace him at center. This many bad snaps is an issue. It's happening multiple times a day. 

Nonsense, there has been ZERO mentions of a bad snap over the last 2-3 practices.  It's much ado about nothing.

3 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Of course we draft a center that has trouble doing his main job.

Move him to Guard and be done with it.  The Wisconsin Waterfall is all fun and games until his snaps are Waterfalling over the QB with the force of Niagara Falls.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Move him to Guard and be done with it.  The Wisconsin Waterfall is all fun and games until his snaps are Waterfalling over the QB with the force of Niagara Falls.

Ridiculous!  You act like there is someone else who is just as good as Tippman to play at C, and that it would make sense to bench AVT or Simpson when you move Tippman to OG.  SMH  If Tippman is still snapping the ball high during the season and it cost the Jets a game, then you'll have a reason to complain, but right now you just sound like a nervous nellie or chicken little and the sky is falling.

4 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Ridiculous!  You act like there is someone else who is just as good as Tippman to play at C, and that it would make sense to bench AVT or Simpson when you move Tippman to OG.  SMH  If Tippman is still snapping the ball high during the season and it cost the Jets a game, then you'll have a reason to complain, but right now you just sound like a nervous nellie or chicken little and the sky is falling.

Are you actually paying attention to what has been going on since camp started or do you just listen to sports radio and assume that if they aren’t talking about it that it’s no big deal?

Every single game is important, especially in the AFC, but we should wait until the bad snaps cost us games (or worse if the QB returning from injury gets hurt trying to recover a bad snap) before adjusting?  Are you listening to yourself right now?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JKlecko said:

Smart people fix problems BEFORE they become problems... if a high snap "cost the Jets a game" after a training camp where an issue is evident, that would be simply inexcusable at this level of Football. Thats Rich Kotite "It'll be great putting a rookie against Bruce Smith" levels of incompetent. 

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

In the words of my former Training Chief and very close friend Rickman Del Taylor (his actual name), a former Marine "Gunner" and CWO4, "You have exactly 3 weeks to UNF*CK yourself". 

Bravo Zulu, well said.

On 8/3/2024 at 1:58 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Smart people fix problems BEFORE they become problems... if a high snap "cost the Jets a game" after a training camp where an issue is evident, that would be simply inexcusable at this level of Football. Thats Rich Kotite "It'll be great putting a rookie against Bruce Smith" levels of incompetent. 

Isiah Davis fumbled a ball the other day.  

That could cost us a game during the regular season.

Should we cut him before he does it in a regular season game?  

On 8/3/2024 at 11:36 AM, Mogglez said:

Are you actually paying attention to what has been going on since camp started or do you just listen to sports radio and assume that if they aren’t talking about it that it’s no big deal?

Every single game is important, especially in the AFC, but we should wait until the bad snaps cost us games (or worse if the QB returning from injury gets hurt trying to recover a bad snap) before adjusting?  Are you listening to yourself right now?

Let me know who you're putting at center.  I'd rather spend the next 3 weeks trying to get Tippmann to fix it than replace him.  If he's doing it every game, fine.  But if he's doing it once every few games, I'm still taking that over a center who gets consistently blown up in the run game and pass game.  That is a much faster way of getting Rodgers injured and stalling the offense.

On 8/3/2024 at 11:36 AM, Mogglez said:

What I see so far in camp is a top 3 defense and a top 10 offense with outstanding special teams. 

This year they will enjoy the 9th most favorable net rest advantage and the 4th easiest schedule. 

The 49ers have the best roster, the Chiefs have the best player, best 1-2 combo and the 2 best coordinators.  

I think this team wins the division and hosts a home playoff game. 

Saleh  said they are asking Tippmann to get out in space more and to do different things and he’s probably dealing with Rodgers cadence and he’s got the third best DT in the league in his grill. 

The commanders practice and game will show us more. 

There is also the “click” factor going on where the people tweeting are going to focus on what will get the most attention. 

• Upvote 1