August 6th camp tweets

5 minutes ago, Claymation said:

We know this is a redshirt year for him.

He might never be the same after that horrifying injury.

If Rodgers returns next year, the Jets must take a qb in rounds 3 or 4 again.  We need to be drafting 1 qb a year and have a stable of young guys to choose from once Rodgers retires.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Movin’ the Chains on XM broke this down this summer… if he holds out until week 1 it will cost him about $3.5-4M in fines because the pre season games count as an entire game check. Yikes 

Damn

im sure he has made millions so far but a 4 mil hit?

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Don’t be shocked if at the end of the day Reddick’s  Jet career goes down as about impactful as  Anthony Barr’s did.

I would not be surprised, if Reddick never puts on a Jets uniform.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes but how much better i am not so sure.

If Reddick never shows, Im still not moving off of my 13-4 prediction.  So he does not mean much to me.

better is better

more good players > fewer good players

And you're always one injury away from everyone being more important 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Barkus said:

The writing on the wall says he will be on IR for the year. Saves a roster spot and he can sit in on meetings.  Mental reps only this year.

Which I'm sure the agent will try to tack on to the price tag in negotiations.

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There was some kindness in there.  You are a good guy Dominator.

"Joe W.  is a fraud as a captain and all-around troll, but there is some truth to only treating your true elite as core players."

giphy.webp

• Haha 4

If the Jets and Reddick strike a deal, I'm sure his contract will have some easily earned incentives that magically offset the fines he has to pay. Chiefs did that for Chris Jones last year and nobody batted an eye. Similar to the mythical salary cap , lol.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

basically he gave himself a tax cut

I was thinking the opposite. He'll still have to pay full taxes on that $900,000. Fines for illegal activity are not tax deductible! So his real 'fine' is $900.000 plus $400,000 income tax! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FootballLove said:

I was thinking the opposite. He'll still have to pay full taxes on that $900,000. Fines for illegal activity are not tax deductible! So his real 'fine' is $900.000 plus $400,000 income tax! 

while not "illegal" the money was still earned so you may be right. It is still taxable income 

• Upvote 1

One of my annoying off on a tangent stories.......  This one re training camp fights.

I used to go to camp to watch my CFL team (Edmonton) each year.  I'd meet up with some buddies and we would basically do what people do here, give camp reports, who looked good who didn't etc.

We could get really close to the players and field and action.   One session a really nasty fight broke out on the field between a D and O lineman.  Not all that uncommon but the D line guy was crazy eyes pissed.  He storms off the field right near where we were standing, a bit of minor construction maintenance was going on just off of the field and there was a wheelbarrow with a shovel siting in it.  This guy grabs the shovel, runs back on the field and is swinging it like a battle axe.   He was just totally unhinged, for a while no one could get near the guy before some of the players grabbed him from behind.

Of course the next morning he was at the top of the transaction list as a cut.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

"best player on the field" is bold but you love to hear it

Isn't this one of those good news/bad news deals?  Our 2nd team TE is Ruckert.  If Sherwood is blanketing him, maybe Ruckert isn't the star in the making I've been promised.  Is Conklin really that big a step up?  If Sherwood were locking up Conklin should we be super impressed?