***OFFICIAL JETS VS COMMIES GAME-DAY THREAD****

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Division winners, home playoff game.  

you blew it not picking a captain to start the game thread and started it late , as far as posters go you are washed and need to be replaced 

By Who? BY WHO?

Just now, FidelioJet said:

It's the Royal "y'all"

That's not how it read. I'll use it properly for you:

Y'all better pray Stridham breaks a leg otherwise Zach Wilson will be watching NFL games from his home in Utah.

I used y'all because I am not included in that sentiment. I don't give a flying f*ck what happens to that turd.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did not love what I saw from the offense at all, which makes me think the entire offense emanates from Aaron Rodgers’ drug-addled mind, which is not super awesome.

It only works  when it stays in there, when he lets it out it’s like someone trying to explain the direction to a restaurant to you after they gobbled couple grams of shrooms. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. It's glorified practice.  Welcome to the modern NFL.

2. Starters (mostly) sat.  Again, welcome to the modern NFL and fearful-and-risk-averse Saleh style.

3. It's the first PS Game, they're always sloppy trash.

4. Preseason = Ultra-Vanilla

Sadly, we won't have any idea who or what this team is on the field (as opposed to on-paper) till after the end of the opening regular season game.

I do hope the Saleh plan of sitting everyone decent works out.

Right, but if the entire team is resting on the shoulders of Rodgers-to-Wilson, that’s not a good plan, and that’s what I’m looking to see in the preseason. Is there a baseline plan for a non-Rodgers/ non-Wilson Jets offense? 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Right, but if the entire team is resting on the shoulders of Rodgers-to-Wilson, that’s not a good plan, and that’s what I’m looking to see in the preseason. Is there a baseline plan for a non-Rodgers/ non-Wilson Jets offense? 

What team doesn't have their offense rely on their starting quarterback and their #1 receiver? Come on, bro. Trash post 😅

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It only works  when it stays in there, when he lets it out it’s like someone trying to explain the direction to a restaurant to you after they gobbled couple grams of shrooms. 

If Rodgers goes down for any reason and the ball lands in Nate Hackett’s lap, what does it look like? Today, it was a cluster****. Yes, it’s preseason, Game One, but it looked like a rec league game where everyone first met each other in the parking lot.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

That's not how it read. I'll use it properly for you:

Y'all better pray Stridham breaks a leg otherwise Zach Wilson will be watching NFL games from his home in Utah.

I used y'all because I am not included in that sentiment. I don't give a flying f*ck what happens to that turd.

It was meant for all the people pretending that achilles won't be 41 in December. Because it will.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is 100% correct. 

Mike Williams will have to play a big role if this team is going to be a legitimate SB contender.   

And yes, we have no idea what he's going to bring.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m not exactly one of the sunshine and lollipops crowd here, but the people who are trying to to paint today’s scrimmage in a negative light are trying a little too hard to troll the board imo. Especially when you consider who we ran out there, and what we saw from them.

They have a starting offense featuring a bunch of dudes who missed a lot of time last season. Rodgers, Breece, Tyron Smith, Morgan Moses, Mike Williams, AVT, etc. It very much matters what their backups look like if/when those players are not available. If Garrett Wilson sprains an ankle, think about what this offense looks like.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The offense will obviously use Rodgers and Wilson, but I believe it's pretty well known Breece will be featured a lot, Conklin probably gets 70 catches, we have a WR coming back from ACL with a productive history.

I mean, sure. If Rodgers and Wilson both get hurt, the team will suck.   

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

What team doesn't have their offense rely on their starting quarterback and their #1 receiver? Come on, bro. Trash post 😅

If the 2024 NY Jets are putting all their eggs into the Aaron Rodgers basket, then they are fools. Dude has no chance of staying healthy this year. The Achilles is a two year injury, and that dummy rushed back besides in an attempt to keep himself in the news. 

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hall.  Hall. Allen.  Allen.  Hall.

That's the "no Rodgers" plan, lol.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the 2024 NY Jets are putting all their eggs into the Aaron Rodgers basket, then they are fools. Dude has no chance of staying healthy this year. The Achilles is a two year injury, and that dummy rushed back besides in an attempt to keep himself in the news. 

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They have a starting offense featuring a bunch of dudes who missed a lot of time last season. Rodgers, Breece, Tyron Smith, Morgan Moses, Mike Williams, AVT, etc. It very much matters what their backups look like if/when those players are not available. If Garrett Wilson sprains an ankle, think about what this offense looks like.

Totally aware of all that, T0m. I’ve mentioned more than a few times we have two stalwarts on offense, Breece and GW. After that, we’re hoping for older or oft injured players to stay healthy.

I think the success of this OL is based on hope and a prayer, and I’m not expecting the great seasons from Rodgers and Mike Williams a lot of people are here.
My post referenced who they sent out on the field today. Those players mostly met or exceeded expectations.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You obviously didn't watch the game... The running game will be nasty

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Totally aware of all that, T0m. I’ve mentioned more than a few times we have two stalwarts on offense, Breece and GW. After that, we’re hoping for older or oft injured players to stay healthy.

I think the success of this OL is based on hope and a prayer, and I’m not expecting the great seasons from Rodgers and Mike Williams a lot of people are here.
My post referenced who they sent out on the field today. Those players mostly met or exceeded expectations.

My presumption is that they sent Tyrod out there with a set of Page One baseline plays that they’re planning to run regardless of who’s in there, and they all sucked at that. The guys who were participating in that effort looked sh*tty doing it. 

• Haha 1

I was working so I didn’t pay the game my full attention but:

JBC looked pretty good. I liked the play Stiggers made - I think it was a tackle for a loss. The reason I like it because I need to see some type of physicality before I buy even a pinch of the hype. 

Allen is fun to watch and some other guys made plays. 

There were some ugly whiffs here and there too. Not really from any “names” though so I reckon they’ll be looking for a different team soon. 

I have seen teams destroy in preseason (us, for example) and suck in the regular season and vice versa so taking what I see with a grain of salt until week 1 when it counts. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

So they can't get hurt?

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

So 27 year olds don’t get hurt?

Who’s got the greater chance of being hurt: two 27 year old physical mutants with supernatural healing powers or a 41 year-old hophead who spends all of his rehab time surfing .net extension dark-web sites? 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah.  Let Tyrod hand off to Breece and throw to Wilson behind our rebuilt offensive line.   But none of them played today.

Maybe youll see something good next time but I doubt your vision will improve.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1