Why Jets Olu Fashanu was MUCH BETTER than you Realize in NFL Debut

He looked really good in the run game considering that was a weakness of his coming out of the draft. And this was his first NFL game, which he started. Even though it was preseason. 

He does need to get stronger. He does lose a lot of ground on bull rushes. This was just one example but you see it from him in college too. I think he will. Otherwise, looks really good for a rook.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

He looked really good in the run game considering that was a weakness of his coming out of the draft. And this was his first NFL game, which he started. Even though it was preseason. 

He does need to get stronger. He does lose a lot of ground on bull rushes. This was just one example but you see it from him in college too. I think he will. Otherwise, looks really good for a rook.  

He doesnt turn 22 until December so I think the strength can come naturally as he gets older and has a year or 2 in the NFL.  Personally, I think him remaining on the leaner side is a good thing as hopefully it allows him to stay healthy.  Id rather a guy who stays healthy and is an elite pass protector then someone who adds mass to also be a mauler in the running game.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

it's a good thing he looks good, and hopefully he will anchor the left side for the next decade...because that will take the sting out of winning and missing out on getting malik nabers who looks like he is gonna be really f'ing good

Considering there is 100 % chance that Smith is going to miss time, this is good news.  Brock Bowers would have been a nice piece of offensive manpower to have, but this draft pick was pretty much a must.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

it's a good thing he looks good, and hopefully he will anchor the left side for the next decade...because that will take the sting out of winning and missing out on getting malik nabers who looks like he is gonna be really f'ing good

Olu has nothing to do w/ Malik nabers.  Nabers was gone 5 picks before.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Olu has nothing to do w/ Malik nabers.  Nabers was gone 5 picks before.

We were in line for that pick before we won meaningless games. We would've taken nabers. Did you not read what I wrote? 

He can borrow the nic-name from the Football player John Fashanu, soccer for you American folks. “Fash the Bash”. 

I like the nic-name but John was a very controversial character. He played in the same team as now film actor Vinnie Jones.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/10/09/john-fashanu-the-brutal-but-gifted-footballer-whose-success-gave-way-to-scandal/

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, neckdemon said:

We were in line for that pick before we won meaningless games. We would've taken nabers. Did you not read what I wrote? 

Like the giants who won meaningless games that cost the harrison and the cardinals who won meaningless games that cost them a better pick.

How can someone be this miserable?  Oh thats right, the d-i-s-e-a-s-e.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He can borrow the nic-name from the Football player John Fashanu, soccer for you American folks. “Fash the Bash”. 

I like the nic-name but John was a very controversial character. He played in the same team as now film actor Vinnie Jones.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/10/09/john-fashanu-the-brutal-but-gifted-footballer-whose-success-gave-way-to-scandal/

Love Vinnie Jones! 

17 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i'm sick of you and this d*sease crap. you have the damn d*sease. it's called as*clown d*sease. you can gfy honestly. most people here think you are a moron, and for good reason, you quit on the team after game 1 last year.....because you are a clown. and now you have this dumb as* rhetoric where you call everyone d*seased. eat sh*t clown

and i really don't care if i get a break for calling you out and telling you off. this crap with you calling everyone d*seased should have been stopped a while ago

You are pleasant.

We are on the cusp of a 13-4 division crown season and u r whining about malik nabers.  Dont be mad at me for calling out how miserable this is.  

Put a smile on that face neckdemon.  Enjoy the ride!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are pleasant.

We are on the cusp of a 13-4 division crown season and u r whining about malik nabers.  Dont be mad at me for calling out how miserable this is.  

Put a smile on that face neckdemon.  Enjoy the ride!

Nobody was whining. Maybe you need reading comprehension lessons. I said good thing he looks good. Because if not it would suck that wr missed out on a great we like nabers. Who looks like the next great wr

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Nobody was whining. Maybe you need reading comprehension lessons. I said good thing he looks good. Because if not it would suck that we missed out on a great we like nabers. Who looks like the next great wr

You dont miss out on a player that went 5 picks b4 you drafted.

This is so dumb i just cant….

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You dont miss out on a player that went 5 picks b4 you drafted.

This is so dumb i just cant….

last time i'll answer. i wanted olu at our pick, so i'm happy we have him. but we were in prime position to pick nabers before we won a meaningless game or 2. i preferred us to lose and get a higher pick. the jets had nabers above olu, so obviously they would have preferred him also. olu looking good and like he may be the real deal takes the sting out of losing our prime draft position. if you think thats stupid, all good. but you don't get to call people d*seased without being told to gfy. i mean look at you, your signature is calling jets fans dopes. its like you are nothing but a troll here. act normal and be respectful and people may actually stop thinking you are a clown

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

last time i'll answer. i wanted olu at our pick, so i'm happy we have him. but we were in prime position to pick nabers before we won a meaningless game or 2. i preferred us to lose and get a higher pick. the jets had nabers above olu, so obviously they would have preferred him also. olu looking good and like he may be the real deal takes the sting out of losing our prime draft position. if you think thats stupid, all good. but you don't get to call people d*seased without being told to gfy. i mean look at you, your signature is calling jets fans dopes. its like you are nothing but a troll here. act normal and be respectful and people may actually stop thinking you are a clown

We should have lost the first game of the season, the Eagles game and the Giants game. Then it wouldn't have mattered what happened in December. Damn you, Zach Wilson! Damn you!

• Sympathy 1