Those who went to the joint practice today - would you agree with this? "The Jets essentially demoralized their rivals"

14 hours ago, BradSmith16fan said:

Opinion definition: a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.                                                My opinion based on my observation of watching them, I think they view themselves as Giants for life since they won a sb with them. If you disagree, ok.

I think what Green Ghost was saying was this.  You said use their comments as fuel.  He wants to know what comments.  Were you talking about something specific a player said that was printed by the media?  Or were you just making a comment like "hey let them talk."

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, the disrespect hahahahaha, he was outright struggling to find something nice to say when asked his opinion on Danny Dimes and wound up with. "I had fun out there"

second thought- Why is anyone happy about us dominating a team that is a mess? if we are supposed to be going to the superbowl arent we SUPPOSED to dominate bum ass teams like the Jints?

I think it's okay for us to enjoy some success - even if it's just a practice.  We haven't had a lot of it as of late.  Take what you can get :-)

And yes, if we are actually a Contender, then, as you said, we do need to dominate teams like this - this validates that view and worthy of being happy about.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I didn’t get the impression the D was getting walked over.  Every run attempt doesn’t have to be a TFL and every drop back a sack, incompletion or INT.  Sounded like a lot of dinking and dunking by the Giants.

fair enough, maybe walked over is exagerrated but I definitely didnt feel good about a team that is supposed to be so bad being able to walk down the field and score on what is supposed to be a top rated defense. 

Thoughts on the Jets and Giants cross practice.

1. A-A-Ron Rodgers is a cheat code. He literally can place the ball anywhere at anytime.

2. Jets offensive line has a chance to be a really good unit if they can stay healthy.

3. Garrett Wilson is going to have a massive year.

4. Elijah Chapman will have a nice role for the Giants Defense as an undrafted free agent.

5. Jets defense is due for another dominate year.

6. Giants still need to figure some things out with there O-Line 7. Giants need a CB #2

• Upvote 3

The Revenge Tour may even exceed my lofty expectations. 

Buckle up haters..  This is going to be the best year since Rex took his troops to Foxboro and kicked the sht out of the Pats in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I didn’t get the impression the D was getting walked over.  Every run attempt doesn’t have to be a TFL and every drop back a sack, incompletion or INT.  Sounded like a lot of dinking and dunking by the Giants.

Exactly. Every D has weak points and certain things they have to conceded.  The Giants were probably taking what the Jets were giving them in practice.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

fair enough, maybe walked over is exagerrated but I definitely didnt feel good about a team that is supposed to be so bad being able to walk down the field and score on what is supposed to be a top rated defense. 

It’s practice, guys are on the field practicing who are backups or less.  
There are going to be plays made in practice

With that said all the reports were the D did dominate.  

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly. Every D has weak points and certain things they have to concede.  The Giants were probably taking what the Jets were giving them in practice.

7 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Exactly. Every D has weak points and certain things they have to conceded.  The Giants were probably taking what the Jets were giving them in practice.

Inflicting your will on your opponent.  
What every top D does.  
Seriously, it’s camp, backups and practice squad players are still getting reps mixed in with starters.  Jets gave up nothing in the Giants practice, with the Giants trying to prove they’re on the Jets level.  They didn’t prove it

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Before the main practice, our defense starting team was practicing against NYG starting offense. 11 on 11 and all from within the 50 with many, if not most  red zone plays.  There were Giants fans watching and about a dozen Jets fans and ZERO reporters, who were all watching the offense at the main field.  I was at the fence right in front of the Jets defense.  The Giants offense pretty much had its way. Jets struggled vs their RBs includingvtheir rookie #29. Mosley got beat by anyone. Sauce had some good and not so good plays vs Nabers. Reed was out best guy out there.  I was there and this is what I saw.  Later on when all the squads joined the main field they were better.  I was disappointed in the run defense and the pass rush TBH.

15 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

When Jet fans encounter good things happening, it’s hard to accept that 1) it will last and 2) that it won’t end in complete disaster. 
I get it. We’re all scarred. It’s tough. 

As a long time Jets fans I'm conditioned to the Jets being fantastic in the off season.  I don't think it will end in dissaster but I'm not willing to believe it's relevant to how the Jets will do during the season.   Looking forward to real football about a month in when teams start to get used to  playing together and everyone has tape to react to.    

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Inflicting your will on your opponent.  
What every top D does.  
Seriously, it’s camp, backups and practice squad players are still getting reps mixed in with starters.  Jets gave up nothing in the Giants practice, with the Giants trying to prove they’re on the Jets level.  They didn’t prove it

Agreed, but even in inflicting their will on an opponent, there are still weak spots in any D alignment, and some opposing HCs/OCs are smart enough to just take what the D gives them, and they are able to win.

24 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Agreed, but even in inflicting their will on an opponent, there are still weak spots in any D alignment, and some opposing HCs/OCs are smart enough to just take what the D gives them, and they are able to win.

No defense in today’s NFL can completely shut down really good offenses anymore.  You’re not going to see the 1985 Bears anymore. But still a top D will help win games.  
Jets gave up 19 per game last year.  19 without an offense, giving up field position and defending short fields.  This D is good, really good by todays standards.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Before the main practice, our defense starting team was practicing against NYG starting offense. 11 on 11 and all from within the 50 with many, if not most  red zone plays.  There were Giants fans watching and about a dozen Jets fans and ZERO reporters, who were all watching the offense at the main field.  I was at the fence right in front of the Jets defense.  The Giants offense pretty much had its way. Jets struggled vs their RBs includingvtheir rookie #29. Mosley got beat by anyone. Sauce had some good and not so good plays vs Nabers. Reed was out best guy out there.  I was there and this is what I saw.  Later on when all the squads joined the main field they were better.  I was disappointed in the run defense and the pass rush TBH.

I have no idea what the practice before the actual practice was or it’s relevance but when they were going mostly 1sts against mostly 1sts this wasn’t the case.  Nabers numbers etc are posted along with reports that all Jones was able to complete were dump offs.  

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think what Green Ghost was saying was this.  You said use their comments as fuel.  He wants to know what comments.  Were you talking about something specific a player said that was printed by the media?  Or were you just making a comment like "hey let them talk."

Got it, more like ex players in the media, not necessarily current players. To me, I view them as extensions of their organization since most of them won a sb with the team and I think nothing would bother them more than a Jets sb victory. Just my opinion. Stuff like this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/giants/2024/08/ex-giants-super-bowl-winner-skeptical-jets-aaron-rodgers-are-championship-caliber.html%3foutputType=amp. I know he clarified his statement, but if you read carefully, he never said he liked the Jets, just that they had an immensely talented team. Rodgers doesn't have the intangibles, yet 4 mvps. His close comparison is Peyton, and this Jets team could be like that 2015 Denver team, but with a better playing qb most likely.

It's training camp where guys are going 3/4 speed at best and minimal physicality / tackling.

But based on what I've seen so far, Marvin Harrison looks better than Nabers.

Maybe not as twitched up or freaky athletically, but maybe a better understanding of the game and better route running.

Harrison seems to get easy separation, whereas Nabers is having to fight for contested catches while having to adjust to poorly thrown footballs.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No defense in today’s NFL can completely shut down really good offenses anymore.  You’re not going to see the 1985 Bears anymore. But still a top D will help win games.  
Jets gave up 19 per game last year.  19 without an offense, giving up field position and defending short fields.  This D is good, really good by todays standards.

I agree.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I have no idea what the practice before the actual practice was or it’s relevance but when they were going mostly 1sts against mostly 1sts this wasn’t the case.  Nabers numbers etc are posted along with reports that all Jones was able to complete were dump offs.  

Not in the side practice earlier.  It was 11 on 11 and fully relevant.  All the Giants off. starters and Devito was there and all the dressed Jets #1 defenders participated. Defensive coaches (not Saleh) were there.  No reporters.  Giants ran well against us and did well in passing game.  Our only standout in that 20 minute set of plays was Reed.  

You don't have to believe it if you don't want to.  I don't care but the press is greatly exaggerating the Jets defensive battles at the practice.  Jets offense was a fun to watch and potent as it has been in every camp session.  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not in the side practice earlier.  It was 11 on 11 and fully relevant.  All the Giants off. starters and Devito was there and all the dressed Jets #1 defenders participated. Defensive coaches (not Saleh) were there.  No reporters.  Giants ran well against us and did well in passing game.  Our only standout in that 20 minute set of plays was Reed.  

You don't have to believe it if you don't want to.  I don't care but the press is greatly exaggerating the Jets defensive battles at the practice.  Jets offense was a fun to watch and potent as it has been in every camp session.  

I thought Connor Hughes was over there.

The Jets had two sacks on Jones. Defensive tackles Javon Kinlaw and Quinnen Williams combined for one. Defensive ends Jermaine Johnson and Will McDonald had the other. Johnson probably would have had a solo sack. He got around Andrew Thomas. The play continued, though, which pushed Jones into McDonald’s arms.

- I chose to spend the majority of practice at the Gardner-Nabers show. Every few minutes you heard the crowd erupt on the other field, looked over, and saw Jets wideout Garrett Wilson running free behind Nick McCloud. That was a theme. The Athletic’s Zack Rosenblatt, who watched that field all day, had Rodgers 16-of-22 with three touchdowns (Wilson, Breece Hall, Allen Lazard) and a potential fourth if you believe Wilson danced his way in.

- I did watch the Jets' two-minute drill to end practice. It was surgical. Rodgers took the Jets on an eight-play drive. He completed 6-of-7 passes, culminating with a three-yard score to Lazard. The Giants benched McCloud for this series, so Rodgers went at Deonte Banks for three first downs.

- Jones and Nabers steal the majority of the talking time at Giants camp. One thing is abundantly clear after Wednesday, though: That team has a serious issue at cornerback. You hope Banks takes a big jump in his second season, but they have virtually nothing opposite him. Cor’Dale Flott was bad before getting hurt. McCloud has been awful, too. GM Joe Schoen needs to fix that and fix that quickly otherwise all the work on the defensive line will be for nothing. Yes, Brian Burns, Kayvon Thibodeaux and Dexter Lawrence are great … but you won’t be able to tell if receivers are open off the snap. Wilson wasn’t the only one tormenting the Giants. Lazard, Xavier Gipson and Jeremy Ruckert all made plays, too.

- A little fun at the end of practice: Jets quarterback Tyrod Taylor connected with Jason Brownlee for a 51-yard score. Gardner then ran on the field and started waving to the Giants sideline, telling them “goodbye,” he said. Safety Chuck Clark said there were several players talking about who ran New York. The Jets, whom even Nabers admitted won the day, believe that is now them.

“Us,” Clark said when asked who the city belongs to.

6 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I thought Connor Hughes was over there.

The Jets had two sacks on Jones. Defensive tackles Javon Kinlaw and Quinnen Williams combined for one. Defensive ends Jermaine Johnson and Will McDonald had the other. Johnson probably would have had a solo sack. He got around Andrew Thomas. The play continued, though, which pushed Jones into McDonald’s arms.

- I chose to spend the majority of practice at the Gardner-Nabers show. Every few minutes you heard the crowd erupt on the other field, looked over, and saw Jets wideout Garrett Wilson running free behind Nick McCloud. That was a theme. The Athletic’s Zack Rosenblatt, who watched that field all day, had Rodgers 16-of-22 with three touchdowns (Wilson, Breece Hall, Allen Lazard) and a potential fourth if you believe Wilson danced his way in.

- I did watch the Jets' two-minute drill to end practice. It was surgical. Rodgers took the Jets on an eight-play drive. He completed 6-of-7 passes, culminating with a three-yard score to Lazard. The Giants benched McCloud for this series, so Rodgers went at Deonte Banks for three first downs.

- Jones and Nabers steal the majority of the talking time at Giants camp. One thing is abundantly clear after Wednesday, though: That team has a serious issue at cornerback. You hope Banks takes a big jump in his second season, but they have virtually nothing opposite him. Cor’Dale Flott was bad before getting hurt. McCloud has been awful, too. GM Joe Schoen needs to fix that and fix that quickly otherwise all the work on the defensive line will be for nothing. Yes, Brian Burns, Kayvon Thibodeaux and Dexter Lawrence are great … but you won’t be able to tell if receivers are open off the snap. Wilson wasn’t the only one tormenting the Giants. Lazard, Xavier Gipson and Jeremy Ruckert all made plays, too.

- A little fun at the end of practice: Jets quarterback Tyrod Taylor connected with Jason Brownlee for a 51-yard score. Gardner then ran on the field and started waving to the Giants sideline, telling them “goodbye,” he said. Safety Chuck Clark said there were several players talking about who ran New York. The Jets, whom even Nabers admitted won the day, believe that is now them.

“Us,” Clark said when asked who the city belongs to.

Did not see Hughes over there.  But in no way shape or form did the Jets dominate that segment of the day's practices.  I saw the JJ/Q would-be sack and it was sweet.  Did not see the other one.  Overall, the Giannts QBs did not face the kind of pressure I would like to have seen.  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Did not see Hughes over there.  But in no way shape or form did the Jets dominate that segment of the day's practices.  I saw the JJ/Q would-be sack and it was sweet.  Did not see the other one.  Overall, the Giannts QBs did not face the kind of pressure I would like to have seen.  

Idk, imo, practices are so hard to gauge pressure, dline play, etc. If they get slightly past the OL, they need to hit the brakes. 

That play at the end Rodgers to Lazard, would most likely have been a sack by Burns. But they keep it going, and the story changes. 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not accusing you of being delusional or stupid but why, if it’s part of the joint practice were all the coaches not there and the media coverage.  Were they seriously practicing, sounds strange in that I know you’re not crazy, I believe what you saw.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Not accusing you of being delusional or stupid but why, if it’s part of the joint practice were all the coaches not there and the media coverage.  Were they seriously practicing, sounds strange in that I know you’re not crazy, I believe what you saw.

Maybe 20 fans at the fence watching.  Everyone at the main stands. I couldn't believe it. I was on my way to the main stnds but stopped to see the far field action and the first person I saw was Sauce about 10 yards from the fence.  Then Reed and the rest.  Holy sh*t.  No one's watching?  WTF?  I froze and stood near all the Giants fans watching.  They were following where their 1st team offense was.  So I stayed.  There was no domination by either squad, but the offense scored multiple "TDs" if you will.  Again, all plays from inside the 40 more than half were redzone, coming right at the fence where I was standing.  It was a real treat, TBH.

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2024 at 4:34 PM, nycdan said:

I'm actually concerned they pissed the Giants off and that it may translate to some dirty play during the game (as in injuries).  Would be happy to see the Jets take the high road but whatever.  Stay healthy, boys.

Maybe that's why it's best that the boys are sitting this one out.

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2024 at 4:46 PM, Bronx said:

Aaron should participate in several series with the starting lineup. Relying solely on training camp practices before the regular season is not sufficient.

what data are you basing this on ? Teams don't get rolling until week 4 playing guys for a few series in pre season means absolutely nothing. I would rather avoid the injury chance and just move on to the season 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It's training camp where guys are going 3/4 speed at best and minimal physicality / tackling.

Fwiw, I dont think that's the case for these joint practices.  Starters dont play preseason anymore, so for many, this is the only time before week 1 where they go against another jersey.  These practices have unanimously become more important then preseason games because starters go vs. starters and they're actually trying sh*t they've designed vs. vanilla preseason stupidity.  They take it very serious and guys are fighting for a roster spot.  If you're going 70% while another freak of a human is going 100%, you're going to get hurt.  There is a reason so many fights break out and we're talking about this practice in particular because the Jets abused the Giants and then let them know about it.

Go peep some G.Wil's footage cooking the Giants, that dude isnt going 3/4 speed, he's going all out, using this as his warm up for the regular season because him and Rodgers wont have any preseason game time.  Same as DJ Reed...go look how he's fighting for the ball in the air...that's not a half assed effort.  This is game prep.  They're going 100%.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Fwiw, I dont think that's the case for these joint practices.  Starters dont play preseason anymore, so for many, this is the only time before week 1 where they go against another jersey.  These practices have unanimously become more important then preseason games because starters go vs. starters and they're actually trying sh*t they've designed vs. vanilla preseason stupidity.  They take it very serious and guys are fighting for a roster spot.  If you're going 70% while another freak of a human is going 100%, you're going to get hurt.  There is a reason so many fights break out and we're talking about this practice in particular because the Jets abused the Giants and then let them know about it.

Go peep some G.Wil's footage cooking the Giants, that dude isnt going 3/4 speed, he's going all out, using this as his warm up for the regular season because him and Rodgers wont have any preseason game time.  Same as DJ Reed...go look how he's fighting for the ball in the air...that's not a half assed effort.  This is game prep.  They're going 100%.

The clips that were posited yesterday of the Jets offense , guys were not going full tilt. There’s also no tackling. It’s better than no football, but it’s not the same intensity. 

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The clips that were posited yesterday of the Jets offense , guys were not going full tilt. There’s also no tackling. It’s better than no football, but it’s not the same intensity. 

I guess you didnt see the clips from yesterday then.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Claymation said:

Garrett Wilson at half speed, not real Football, not really trying, CB not really caring about his job, doesnt translate at all per tough guy @Matt39.  I guess we should be excited about what he does when he decides to go full speed?   Do you think the CB will just keel over and die?  Im not sure but excited nonetheless.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Dcat said:

Jets struggled vs their RBs includingvtheir rookie #29. Mosley got beat by anyone. Sauce had some good and not so good plays vs Nabers. Reed was out best guy out there.  I was there and this is what I saw.  Later on when all the squads joined the main field they were better.  I was disappointed in the run defense and the pass rush TBH.

No one likes it when someone says, “I told you so,” but…

Dear JetNation:

I told you so.

Love,

Sperm Edwards 

XOXO

29 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Garrett Wilson at half speed, not real Football, not really trying, CB not really caring about his job, doesnt translate at all per tough guy @Matt39.  I guess we should be excited about what he does when he decides to go full speed?   Do you think the CB will just keel over and die?  Im not sure but excited nonetheless.

Back in my day we played football in the street and used a busy intersection as the endzone. 

• Upvote 1