Reddick posts workout video

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Jets' stance (according to beat writers) is they won't even engage in discussions until he shows up to camp.

It doesn't sound like the Jets have floated him a single offer.

It was always naive to think he would show up and practice and risk injury with $0 in guarantees left on his deal.

What Reddick is doing doesn't make sense from his POV either.  He's racking up fines when he could have been "holding in".  I guess he and his agent feel like this is what it takes to let the Jets know they are serious.

The Jets are in this stupid staring contest to see who blinks first.

Someone has to bend a little to get the ball rolling.

JD is calling his bluff and if he decides to show up, who knows if 1) he will be a good team mate or 2) a malcontentand that is a distraction.

For me (only) trust is important and if you give your word then you should have the intergrity to commit to it. If someone I hired all of a sudden breaks his contract, he or she would be gone..or in the case, I would not negotiate in good faith and hold him to his contract or the offer we started with but NO more.

Frankly, he doesn't GAS about the NYJ. so I say, Fk him he is a dirtbag.... let the penalities pile up and do not, under any circumstance, pay the fines....

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Reddick and Tory Dumbass are overplaying their hand. The jets could win or lose without him in week 1 and then have 4 winnable games coming up after that. lets see him miss 5-6 paychecks at 800k each.

I just don’t get it. Almost 30 year old, losing out on $800K game checks. It’s freaking wild. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Feels like Joe Douglas is over playing his hand here.  I get being a tough guy but at some point it makes sense to open negotiations.  

Joe needs to be the adult in the room and not let this thing be personal.  Get the guy on the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Ugh 1

7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That's the part of this that makes no sense -- clearly the "hold-in" is how these things are handled in 2024 to avoid fines (Ceedee Lamb, Brandon Aiyuk, etc.)

Actually holding out is moronic. Just show up and don't practice.

Then what happens when the season starts and a deal hasn’t been reached? At that point the player either caves and plays under his old deal, or walks out then?

I honestly don’t know the answer, as I can’t think of an instance where a hold in went to opening day?

49 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He said the Jets offered him a contract shortly after they traded for him. That's interesting because that means the Jets did know Reddick wanted a contract. And traded for him with that understanding.

My gut tells me that Reddick's teams pulled back and asked for more than what they let on prior to the trade.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Then what happens when the season starts and a deal hasn’t been reached?Either the player caves and plays under his old deal, or walks out then?

I honestly don’t know the answer, as I can’t think of an instance where a hold in went to opening day?

Reddick can always come back and play under his current contract. He'll need to do that by week 10. Otherwise, he doesn't get an accrued season. This situation is basically the equivalent of the Jets making a mid season trade.

JD should be patient. Just a 1 year deal. And no more than $20M.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Reddick can always come back and play under his current contract. He'll need to do that by week 10. Otherwise, he doesn't get an accrued season. This situation is basically the equivalent of the Jets making a mid season trade.

There is no interest in extending him.  We want one season out of him for which we are prepared to pay him 15M.

Our pipeline of young talent seems to be intact.

But right now we do appreciate the spare roster spot that saved us from a tough decision at 4pm, earlier today.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Yeah GF, I know that, but I asked what I did because so many people here say he should have “held in”. I get that he would not be fined for doing that, but if he and the Jets didn’t reach an agreement he’d either have to cave or walk out on opening day, right?

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Rumor was 25+ from someone on the Eagles beat.

Ah, okay.

Assuming that’s the going rate for a top edge, and he’s looking for 3-4 years, this explains why he isn’t worried about the fines he’s accrued thus far. They’re small potatoes.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Douglas overplaying his hand? LMAO. Reddick is losing money everyday and this holdout is not going to get him anywhere close to what he wants. He is the one holding out. The Jets had some young Dline guys step up this preseason. It's a business. Why would the Jets give Reddick an expensive multi-year contract? 

You can’t see Reddick’s end game here?
I’ve stayed out of these discussions about him until tonight because I thought he’d show up before the 49er game, but after reading today the two sides aren’t even talking I no longer believe that to be the case.

1. Reddick has no ties or allegiance to the Jets

2. He has one unguaranteed $14.5 mil year left on a deal he has no desire to fulfill. (and imo he would be foolish to risk doing it)

3. His going rate on the market would be around $25 mil per, and he’s turning 30 in 3 weeks. He’s looking for $75-100 mill.

4. Go back to bullet points #1 & 2. He has 9 more weeks to report and get service time for this year, which will make him a FA in ‘25. He won’t care about anything other than staying healthy this year and await bullet point #3 to become a thing.

5. What he actually earns and gets fined this year as opposed to risking #3 for unguaranteed money this year is peanuts.

Bottom line…
If the Jets want Hassan Reddick, they have to pay him. If they don’t he’s fine with that. He’s going to drop in, say hello, relax, and have a pot of gold waiting for him next year.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You can’t see Reddick’s end game here? I’ve stayed out of these discussions about him until tonight because I thought he’d show up before the 49er game, but after reading today the two sides aren’t even talking I no longer believe that to be the case.

2. He has one unguaranteed $14.5 mil year left on a deal he has no desire to fulfill. (and imo he would be foolish to risk doing it)

3. His going rate on the market would be around $25 mil per, and he’s turning 30 in 3 weeks. He’s looking for $75-100 mill.

4. Go back to bullet points #1 & 2. He has 9 more weeks to report and get service time for this year, which will make him a FA in ‘25. He won’t care about anything other than staying healthy this year and await bullet point #3 to become a thing.

5. What he actually earns and gets fined this year as opposed to risking #3 for unguaranteed money this year is peanuts.

Bottom line…
If the Jets want Hassan Reddick, they have to pay him. If they don’t he’s fine with that. He’s going to drop in, say hello, relax, and have a pot of gold waiting for him next year.

Yea I'm not sure teams are going to be chomping at the bit to sign a 31 year old guy who didn't do sh*t but hold out half the last year to a big money deal.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea I'm not sure teams are going to be chomping at the bit to sign a 31 year old guy who didn't do sh*t but hold out half the last year to a big money deal.

It doesn't have to be a huge deal, but he could still end up with a lot more than 14M

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You can’t see Reddick’s end game here?
I’ve stayed out of these discussions about him until tonight because I thought he’d show up before the 49er game, but after reading today the two sides aren’t even talking I no longer believe that to be the case.

Bottom line…

But he won't. If he holds out past week 10 (as I understand it) and skips the year, the contract rolls to the next year, and the Jets retain his rights: he does NOT become a full FA if he never reports/plays.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We’ll find out in the offseason I guess. His agency doesn’t seem very concerned and they’re as reputable as it gets.

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We’ll find out in the offseason I guess. His agency doesn’t seem very concerned and they’re as reputable as it gets.

It's like you are 2 weeks behind. Go back to sleep 😅

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

But he won't. If he holds out past week 10 (as I understand it) and skips the year, the contract rolls to the next year, and the Jets retain his rights: he does NOT become a full FA if he never reports/plays.

Bunga, I thought it was week 7 (but I’m not sure) I was going off that though… and we have 2 weeks left til game 1, so that’s why I said he has 9 weeks to show up.

28 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It's like you are 2 weeks behind. Go back to sleep 😅

What in the world are you talking about… you left two quotes, and one was more childish than the next.
You keep trying to be the local smart a** but yet you always come off as a dumb a**.

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's definitely a staring contest, and you are right - It's in the best interest of both sides to "bend a little" and get something done sooner rather than later. 

The issue is, the Jets probably don't feel much pressure to cave because of how deep they are at edge. 

I think one thing that has not gotten enough attention is how Joe Douglas described the Reddick trade coming together. He basically made it sound like they were planning to move forward with the edge guys in their building and then Reddick suddenly became available (for not a lot of draft capital) and they pivoted because they liked him so much as a player. Basically, my sense is that Reddick was viewed (rightly or wrongly) as a luxury and not a need. 

I don't see the Jets being the first ones to blink without an injury to one of our rotational edge guys OR some bad defensive performances early in the year.  

Dude is dumb but not stupid. He's waiting to watch JJ get doubled all game vs SF and the guys who have "flashed" during preseason get stonewalled by actual NFL Starting OT's. 

Who knows if that happens,  but if it does he gets a bit of "leverage"....

Animated GIF

Dude is dumb but bot stupid. He's waiting to watch JJ get doubled all game vs SF and the guys who have "flashed" during preseason get stonewalling by actual NFL Starting OT's. 

Who knows if that happens,  but if it does he gets a bit of "leverage"....
200.gif?cid=d9212ad9wzf9v0qxocdjq247gzq27h2dlp9k0dawci8quar4&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g
While I don't feel as strongly as you ... I do have this feeling that our edge guys are being over valued atm.

The 49ers game will be an awesome litmus test.

I hope the guys ball out and Reddick can join the long list of 'what coulda been' guys with no real harm done.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

While I don't feel as strongly as you ... I do have this feeling that our edge guys are being over valued atm.

The 49ers game will be an awesome litmus test.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I don't feel "strongly" about this in any way, I'm just trying to understand his thought process for holding out this long and then posting a workout video about 2 months too late for it to mean anything. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This is what makes me wonder if there is more to this story - Something going on in his personal life? Just doesn't want to play for the organization?

I was hoping that he just didn't feel like going to camp this year, but camp is over now. 

It's odd because it's hard to see a team giving up assets for the right to give him an enormous contract NOW. Maybe at the deadline? IDK, I think he fumbled this whole situation. 

I have wondered for a while now, if he's well aware he lost a step, and it will be very visible, so he's trying to hide it from the league until he can get that final guaranteed ripoff contract. Purely speculation on my part, but I feel like I remember Eagles fans being pretty unhappy with him the last 6 or so games of the year, and thinking he either dropped off a cliff or was doggin it. And also feel like I remember hearing the locker room wasn't thrilled w him. 

I personally hope he gets traded for Davante if this nonsense continues and hope JD doesn't budge one inch. Especially with all these big deals w our studs on the horizon. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Douglas overplaying his hand? LMAO. Reddick is losing money everyday and this holdout is not going to get him anywhere close to what he wants. He is the one holding out. The Jets had some young Dline guys step up this preseason. It's a business. Why would the Jets give Reddick an expensive multi-year contract? 

Joe Douglas's job is to win football games.  I get the sense some of you think it's a win for him to not have one of the best pass rushers in the NFL on the field.  Not having Reddick on the field week 1 is a major F-up for Douglas.     

It's Joe Douglas's job to field a full team, especially with a win now roster, and having a truly impact Edge rusher is a key component to this team.  Winning pissing matches isn't the job - winning games is.

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

have we heard from his agency? would they publicly state they were concerned even if they were? do we know Reddick is even listening to them? he may just be doing his own thing here. 

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

Joe is actually being very reasonable. If Reddick did a "hold in" he would have a new deal or at least an adjustment. Joe cant give a guy a new contract when a guy isn't even willing to step foot in the building...it sends the wrong message. They will likely end up doing something that makes no one happy, but Joe is not in the wrong here.

We have no idea who's wrong or right here (I'm not even sure that's a thing in situations like this)

Joe's job isn't to be right, wrong or send messages.  His job is to win football games, to date he's been very bad at that.  

Having one of the best pass rushers in the NFL on his sofa next Monday night will be a massive loss for Douglas - no matter who you think is at fault - Joe failed at giving his team the best chance to win.

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Feels like Joe Douglas is over playing his hand here.  I get being a tough guy but at some point it makes sense to open negotiations.  

Joe needs to be the adult in the room and not let this thing be personal.  Get the guy on the field.

Sorry, but as things sit right now, I'm 100% behind JD with how he's handling Reddick.

Let him sit out 'til week 10 - or for the season, I'm behind him either way.

Reddick has done ZERO for this team, since we traded for him and he deserves exactly the same, in return.

• Upvote 2