Francesa eviscerates Joe Douglas on Reddick

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Huff was part of the 2020 draft class as a undrafted free agent. Granted he signed somewhere else, but is a marquee pass rusher. He lessens the blow on missing on that draft class.

Yes, he missed on Mekhi and Zach but found suitable replacements in Tyron Smith and Aaron Rodgers. Would you agree?

Neither have contributed a drop as of yet. 6 years of MAC and you are citing 2 players who in total have taken less than 4 snaps as a Jet.  That speaks volumes.  I saw a study showing the best 8 teams in the NFL (2018 or so) had at least 50 percent of their top 3 picks over the last 4 years still playing on that team. We haven't seen anything near that since 2006-2010. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

I remember being a little kid and thinking Francessa was a credible source of sports takes and information...LOL.

The one thing about Francesa is he speaks the "general opinion" on things.  It's useful to hear for gambling purposes, as the public is usually wrong.  lol

13 hours ago, bicketybam said:

It is what it is. It was a terrible play call that cost the Jets the game and the playoffs. Just calling a spade a spade. 

The one where the defender caught the ball completely out of bounds?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The one where the defender caught the ball completely out of bounds?

It shouldn't even came to that. A half back option was a terrible call that could only lead to exactly what happened.

And P.S. No one is saying the Jets went 11-5 in 1998 because the refs completely blew the Vinny QB sneak against the Seahawks that gave us the win. That's the way it worked back then. Stop making excuses.

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It shouldn't even came to that. A half back option was a terrible call that could only lead to exactly what happened.

And P.S. No one is saying the Jets went 11-5 in 1998 because the refs completely blew the Vinny QB sneak against the Seahawks that gave us the win. That's the way it worked back then. Stop making excuses.

The Jets couldn’t stop Barry Sanders if we want to break down what really happened. This Parcells actually wasn’t good takes to prop up Saleh, come on. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, bicketybam said:

It is what it is. It was a terrible play call that cost the Jets the game and the playoffs. Just calling a spade a spade. 

Spot on.  Parcell's one big blind spot was how he handled QB's.  He hated O'Donnell and he made a season ending dumb call because of it.    I think Parcells pulled him in that game and put him back in.  He drove us right down the field before that horrendous call.  Not the only time he badly handled QB's including Simms on the Giants.  

The 98 team had such an amazing offensive coaching group that Vinny was somewhat protected.  Pretty much why Parcells didn't screw him up. 

8 hours ago, BP said:

It was also intercepted out of bounds. Had they had replay. Awful call by the officials. But definitely all parcells fault. 

Parcells turned the organization around and changed the team perception around the league.  He put a first class coaching staff around the players.  

He absolutely blew that game and kept the Jets out of the playoffs based on  a terrible in game coaching decision.  A total choke job by him.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets couldn’t stop Barry Sanders if we want to break down what really happened. This Parcells actually wasn’t good takes to prop up Saleh, come on. 

I never said BP wasn't good or that Saleh was. The discussion was game decisions that cost us games. That particular one happened to cost us the playoffs as well. The great Dan Campbell made several last year that lost games. It happens. 

59 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Spot on.  Parcell's one big blind spot was how he handled QB's.  He hated O'Donnell and he made a season ending dumb call because of it.    I think Parcells pulled him in that game and put him back in.  He drove us right down the field before that horrendous call.  Not the only time he badly handled QB's including Simms on the Giants.  

The 98 team had such an amazing offensive coaching group that Vinny was somewhat protected.  Pretty much why Parcells didn't screw him up. 

Don't forget we went into 1998 with Glen Foley as the starter. An injury forced Vinny into the starting lineup but I'm not sure how long Foley would have lasted as the starter anyway. He was good week 1 and awful week 2. 

The following year, in what was considered an "all-in" year, he had Rick Mirer as QB#2. By the time he went to Ray Lucas, it was all but over. Sound familiar?

In 2000 he quit as coach, got slapped in the face with a dick when Belichick resigned and we ended up with that stiff, Al Groh. We missed the playoffs when we lost the final game and Vinny threw a 3 int's and lost a fumble.

The following year he was gone and the Bradway/Edwards era began. At least they made the playoffs.

BP was out second best coach, got us to where Walt Michaels and Rex Ryan got us and was gone like a fart in the wind. I have a lot of respect for him but almost all of it comes from his times with the Giants. 

I listened to everything Mike said and I am in agreement with it all. Players are top of the line, coaching is almost as bad as it gets, but this is the year that Saleh gets to show us whether he can coach or not. His stoic wooden Indian pose has got to be put away for good this year. The GM is the biggest paradox, he can be just as great as he is bad. So who is screwing the whole thing up with this DE holdout-actually it's really Woody Johnson of course who is THE one who can ruin this potentially great season by continuing to be the worst owner in NY Sports history.

Last season took something away from me, with how invested I was I the team only to have another season of Wilson.

As I sit here a week away from the season starting for us, I can't help but have the feeling that something is bound going to go wrong, because it always does. 

All I can say is I hope I'm wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Neither have contributed a drop as of yet. 6 years of MAC and you are citing 2 players who in total have taken less than 4 snaps as a Jet.  That speaks volumes.  I saw a study showing the best 8 teams in the NFL (2018 or so) had at least 50 percent of their top 3 picks over the last 4 years still playing on that team. We haven't seen anything near that since 2006-2010. 

That’s how Free Agency/ trades work, you acquire them and let them play. Both of them on a Hall of Fame trajectory. Both of them are leaps and bounds better than what was there before.

Mekhi-miss

Denzel-Miss

Davis-Roster

Zach-miss

AVT-Roster

Elijiah-miss

Sauce-Roster

Wilson-Roster

JJII-Roster

Breece-Roster

McGriddle-Roster

Tippman-Roster

8 out of 12 are on the roster.

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

That’s how Free Agency/ trades work, you acquire them and let them play. Both of them on a Hall of Fame trajectory. Both of them are leaps and bounds better than what was there before.

Mekhi-miss

Denzel-Miss

Davis-Roster

Zach-miss

AVT-Roster

Elijiah-miss

Sauce-Roster

Wilson-Roster

JJII-Roster

Breece-Roster

McGriddle-Roster

Tippman-Roster

8 out of 12 are on the roster.

Understood....  his 1st 4 years were impacted by the poor results of the 1st 2 drafts ...  if we had ANY competent QB play , this team could be a playoff team. 

18 hours ago, BP said:

Victor green sucked. He blew coverage in the championship game in 98 that cost them the game. Hugh Douglas gained 30lbs during the bye week under kotite and didn’t want to participate in off season conditioning. So they let him go. 

You left out Chad cascadden 

Victor Green is one of the greatest jets of all time and the greatest safety that has ever played for the jets but let’s reduce his 8 year career here to one play.  Revis sucked too because of week 17 2015

12 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Victor Green is one of the greatest jets of all time and the greatest safety that has ever played for the jets but let’s reduce his 8 year career here to one play.  Revis sucked too because of week 17 2015

:rl:  

please. Burgess Owen’s was the jets best safety ever. And they traded him to the raiders for nothing.

victor green sucked. He blew two big plays in the 98 playoffs. The last second bomb against Jax before halftime and the bomb at the end of the afc championship game. Victor green was an awful player

18 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Don't forget we went into 1998 with Glen Foley as the starter. An injury forced Vinny into the starting lineup but I'm not sure how long Foley would have lasted as the starter anyway. He was good week 1 and awful week 2. 

The following year, in what was considered an "all-in" year, he had Rick Mirer as QB#2. By the time he went to Ray Lucas, it was all but over. Sound familiar?

In 2000 he quit as coach, got slapped in the face with a dick when Belichick resigned and we ended up with that stiff, Al Groh. We missed the playoffs when we lost the final game and Vinny threw a 3 int's and lost a fumble.

The following year he was gone and the Bradway/Edwards era began. At least they made the playoffs.

BP was out second best coach, got us to where Walt Michaels and Rex Ryan got us and was gone like a fart in the wind. I have a lot of respect for him but almost all of it comes from his times with the Giants. 

The best Jets HC was Weeb.  Weeb hired Walt Michaels, Clive Rush and Chuck Knox to that staff.  All 3 became NFL HC.  The most successful was Chuck Knox who was a HC for years coaching the Bills, Rams and Seahawks and finishing with a winning record for all 3 teams. 

Michaels was a very good coach.  He was also a hard core alcholic and was rightfully fired.  A sad personal story.

Al Groh is actually 1 of 2 NY Jets HC's to leave with a winning record.   Parcells and Groh are the only two.  Groh had a huge part in the 2000 draft that set up Edwards run.   Ellis, Abraham, Pennington, Becht and Coles.  Parcells was very close to Groh and Parcells own philosophy of the coach picking the groceries, likely led to Groh having a huge impact on our draft that year.  

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

The best Jets HC was Weeb.  Weeb hired Walt Michaels, Clive Rush and Chuck Knox to that staff.  All 3 became NFL HC.  The most successful was Chuck Knox who was a HC for years coaching the Bills, Rams and Seahawks and finishing with a winning record for all 3 teams. 

Michaels was a very good coach.  He was also a hard core alcholic and was rightfully fired.  A sad personal story.

Al Groh is actually 1 of 2 NY Jets HC's to leave with a winning record.   Parcells and Groh are the only two.  Groh had a huge part in the 2000 draft that set up Edwards run.   Ellis, Abraham, Pennington, Becht and Coles.  Parcells was very close to Groh and Parcells own philosophy of the coach picking the groceries, likely led to Groh having a huge impact on our draft that year.  

Groh coached one season.

15 hours ago, BP said:

:rl:  

please. Burgess Owen’s was the jets best safety ever. And they traded him to the raiders for nothing.

victor green sucked. He blew two big plays in the 98 playoffs. The last second bomb against Jax before halftime and the bomb at the end of the afc championship game. Victor green was an awful player

Victor Green sucked now?  That’s an educated take

13 hours ago, Biggs said:

Groh was a good coach but the veteran guys on the team like Mawae and Vinny didn’t like him personally. Groh was very similar to Belichick and they came up together in the Parcells tree.  Basically the only real difference between the two is Belichick had Tom Brady

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Can you please also lecture us on how Mariano Rivera sucked because he blew game 7 of the 2001 World Series?

Bruh, Mariano is arguably the greatest closer of all time. How many people mention Victor Green as the greatest safety of all time? No one.

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2024 at 5:53 AM, Biggs said:

image.thumb.png.1b3a7283c87407a2c3c36703d1530063.png

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Can you please also lecture us on how Mariano Rivera sucked because he blew game 7 of the 2001 World Series?

Now you’re comparing victor green to Mariano Rivera? :rl: 

You should stop, because youre  digging a deeper hole with every post. Like I said, tap out accepted 

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Bruh, Mariano is arguably the greatest closer of all time. How many people mention Victor Green as the greatest safety of all time? No one.

“Victor green, greatest safety in jets history”

-Dick Thornburgh

president and only member of the official victor green fan club

• Haha 1