***OFFICIAL REAL NFL OPENING DAY GAMES THREAD***

41 minutes ago, Gibby said:

1 or 4 is fine with me. Absolutely hate night games regardless of which day they’re on. Robbed of opening day two years in a row. I’ve been saying this since even before the schedule release. I knew the Jets were going to get a night game.

I could live with one or two- though still wouldn’t like it. The amount of night games this year is absurd - and frankly BS

4pm games are the worst.  

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I love 4PM games if I am going to the game.  Would much rather be tailgating at noon or 1 than getting out at 9AM.

If I did the 12/4 thing I would get myself in trouble because on Football Sundays I am typically drinking by 9AM and would have to find a way to the game to get Drunker.  BUT - I think I still have enough self control to not drink before I leave at 6AM to get to the parking lot at 9AM.  In either case, someone is driving my drunk ass back home.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

bummer.  Thought he might miss the game lol. 

Not sure who's is a bigger moron; Hill or Rosenhaus. When his career is over this imbecile will be lucky to be living in a fridge box under an interstate helix. You think any cop wants to stop this sh!theel? 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Hey @T0mShane and @Pac

Have you guys figured out who is starting the epic and inspirational game day thread tonight at precisely midnight with the correct amount of asterisks?

Remember that spelling counts! Hate when I put a thread up and don't proofread enough and the title is wrong forever. 

Keep your eyes on the Cardinals this year, everyone.  They really started to play well toward the end of last season.  
I think the Cards are gonna suck this year but I'm rooting for them today.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bonus: if/when Malik Nabers and Rome Odunze are all over SportsCenter tonight, remember that Bob Saleh gave Breece Hall 37 carries on a wet track in Week 18 last year to eke out a meaningless win against the Pats, which not only wrecked our draft slot, but it also propelled the Pats into position to take their stud QB of the future. Eff Bobby Stairs. 

BUT WE LEARNED TO WIN @bitonti

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

I think Odunze is overrated to be honest, Nabers would have been cool 

How is he overrated?  He excelled at every possible route and distance (first prospect to be "green" in every one - see below), great hands, etc.  

rome-odunze-is-the-first-wr-prospect-to-

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's a lot of luck involved in the draft too.  It's just that the Jets are very rarely lucky.

You make your own luck if you're competent.  There's a reason teams like the Ravens, Niners, Eagles, Bills, Chiefs, etc keep "winning" in the draft over the long haul and the Jets don't (though the 2022 draft was absolutely a huge win). 

And failing to tank properly is the furthest thing from "luck".  It requires zero luck to bench Breece Hall in a meaningless game to keep him healthy vs giving him 38 carries.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You make your own luck if you're competent.  There's a reason teams like the Ravens, Niners, Eagles, Bills, Chiefs, etc keep "winning" in the draft over the long haul and the Jets don't (though the 2022 draft was absolutely a huge win). 

And failing to tank properly is the furthest thing from "luck".  It requires zero luck to bench Breece Hall in a meaningless game to keep him healthy vs giving him 38 carries.

Yes and no.  How can you possibly look at what happened with the 49ers' QB situation and not think some luck was involved.  They traded like 3 1sts to get Trey Lance and then Mr Irrelevant leads them on 2 deep playoff runs.

You're preaching to the choir on this one.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes and no.  How can you possibly look at what happened with the 49ers' QB situation and not think some luck was involved.  They traded like 3 1sts to get Trey Lance and then Mr Irrelevant leads them on 2 deep playoff runs.

You're preaching to the choir on this one.

If the Jets had drafted Purdy he'd never have gotten a legit chance to start here.  The Niners "failed quickly" with Lance and got rid of him after year 2 whereas the Jets made Zach Wilson the unquestioned QB2 in year 3. 

You make your own luck.