****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

40 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

They had the same amount of drives. The difference is Purdey played well and Rodgers didn't.

Purdy was 19/29 for 231 yards 0 TDs, 0 INTs

Rodgers was 13/21 for 167 yards, 1 TD, 1 INTs

both had 8 YPA

Purdy also had an extra drive 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Purdy was 19/29 for 231 yards 0 TDs, 0 INTs

Rodgers was 13/21 for 167 yards, 1 TD, 1 INTs

both had 8 YPA

Purdy also had an extra drive 

SF’s OL deserves the game ball  

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was worth the gamble if you got last year and then this one to figure out how to get to a Super Bowl, but now it feels like they’re trying a YOLO exercise to get it done this year and, well, it might not go well. 

Douglas has been scrambling for a few years now. Hasn’t all been bad but I still don’t think he’s shown to be a good GM. My opinion. I’d love to be wrong and get a Super Bowl out of it.

But he’s really pushed his chips in this year and expectations should be quite high based on what he’s done. He’s been quite aggressive and that’s fine but it has longer term implications so you need to see the fruits of it in the short term.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You know what other offense didn’t practice together all summer? The San Francisco 49ers. 

The 49ers have played together before though. A lot of the Jets offense hasn't played a single game as a unit including the QB and most of Oline. Big difference no matter how you want to spin it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The 49ers have played together before though. A lot of the Jets offense hasn't played a single game as a unit including the QB and most of Oline. Big difference no matter how you want to spin it. 

Coach’s job is to simulate game conditions best as he can in practices and evaluate whether his team is ready to compete; if it is not, gotta bite the bullet and get them pre-season game reps.

• Upvote 1

We lost because their lines beat up our lines. 
The Niners are one of the best teams in the league. This was a good litmus test.
Yep ... And the rest resulted in complete failure.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dessicated oldest 40 year old alive naturopath weirdo Tony LaRussa looking ass 

IMG_5597.jpeg

It's amazing how powerful propaganda is that they can convince otherwise intelligent people that being a naturopath (e.g. didn't buy into "safe and effective") makes one a weirdo.

12 hours ago, derp said:

When I think huge investment I think more Watson and Wilson. The Jets didn’t give up nothing but I’d argue it was well shy of HOF MVP level QB capital. And I say this as someone who’s been skeptical about the deal for a while.

Massive #1 QB salary

3 high draft picks

A decade worth of drama for a game and 4 plays

A legion of awful awful awful players  he brought with him from green bay.

The worst possible OC hire you could imagine like literally you could not have picked a worse guy to hire and all because he makes Rodgers laugh.

Yes they massively invested in Aaron Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Who's job was it to make sure the Jets were ready to play week 1?

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Coach’s job is to simulate game conditions best as he can in practices and evaluate whether his team is ready to compete; if it is not, gotta bite the bullet and get them pre-season game reps.

Exactly right!

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Yep ... And the rest resulted in complete failure.

Also, exactly right

59 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Massive #1 QB salary

3 high draft picks

A decade worth of drama for a game and 4 plays

A legion of awful awful awful players  he brought with him from green bay.

The worst possible OC hire you could imagine like literally you could not have picked a worse guy to hire and all because he makes Rodgers laugh.

Yes they massively invested in Aaron Rodgers.

I pushed back on the idea that they gave up HOF MVP level capital as you initially posted, and even gave two examples of teams that gave up far more for their quarterback, but by all means move the goalposts.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Who's job was it to make sure the Jets were ready to play week 1?

Not arguing that at all. Just stating facts that the Jets offense not playing a real game together ever as a unit is not the same as the 49ers not playing together in a preseason game.