Reddick more then ever now

MysticalJet2

Just now, Vader said:

if GW can be neutralized like today, that becomes a different calculus. You easily make the decision to sign Reddick over breece but not GW or Sauce. 

It's a more difficult situation with the Rodgers window, GW potentially not the A1 dominant WR, and the JJ injury.

This is all irrelevant if the Jets don't make it to the playoffs ... and maybe even deep into the playoffs.  This year or bust for JD and the rest.

7 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Idk what happens beyond this point. JD could potentially cave or roll with what we got the rest of the way. Very curious to see how this plays out.

i think we roll with it. might have been different if we lost.

i guess Takk Attack will just have to step up.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MysticalJet2 said:

This is all irrelevant if the Jets don't make it to the playoffs ... and maybe even deep into the playoffs.  This year or bust for JD and the rest.

JD put himself on a bed of nails by not negotiating a bandaid 1 year extension as a condition of the trade (and walking if such a thing could not be accomplished).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Falco21 said:

Will Mcdonald looked aweosme today. Need to get Reddick in the door immediately. With the loss of JJ, it is time to check the ego and get this sh*t going. 

And now JD negotiates from a desperate situation. I hope he pays through the nose.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Reddick played it correctly. “Let him rot” is the rightful ken of fans, not professional GMs.

Football is a sport where team chemistry matters.  

How would you accept a new player that was obviously hoping for one of the guys that has been on the team, and went through training camp, to get hurt? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, RoadFan said:

Football is a sport where team chemistry matters.  

How would you accept someone that was obviously hoping for one of the guys that has been on the team, and went through training camp, to get hurt? 

Because these are professionals not an amateur bowling team. He can help the team, pros want to win, it’ll be fine.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jgb said:

And now JD negotiates from a desperate situation. I hope he pays through the nose.

I really don't give a sh*t. Usually that's how holdouts work, one of the sides becomes more desperate than the other. In all honesty, these guys and these franchises make ungodly amounts of money. I really don't care, just get him in the building 

Just now, Falco21 said:

I really don't give a sh*t. Usually that's how holdouts work, one of the sides becomes more desperate than the other. In all honesty, these guys and these franchises make ungodly amounts of money. I really don't care, just get him in the building 

Yes that’s exactly the mentality he was betting on, correctly. Time was never on JD’s side. He flubbed it from go.

2 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Then the D will need to change.. more blitzing of LB's which is not the core of the defensive philosophy.  I just don't see, with the active roster how you can roll with it.

well there going to roll with it on Thursday night. its a short week. if we cant get much of a pass rush then we got 10 day to sign him.

there going to give this roster a shot before they cave for Reddick.

• Upvote 3

Just now, doitny said:

well there going to roll with it on Thursday night. its a short week. if we cant get much of a pass rush then we got 10 day to sign him.

there going to give this roster a shot before they cave for Reddick.

I agree but my thought is more about rest of season.  I know he won't be available for Thursday... maybe even the week after.

34 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

JJ done for season most likely.  

Run D is already looking suspect.

Pass rush was so so before and will now be easier to game plan against.

Lets get it done JD.

Right now I think Reddick has the advantage, although McDonald had a great game. 

I think at some point there will be a break

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That changed the minute JJ went down.

It is my feeling that it will be Woody Johnson making the decision of whether to cave in to Reddick or not.  JD doesn't have a contract after this year at the moment, so it just makes sense that Woody will be the deciding factor on Reddck's future with the team.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have been anti reddick.  And we have done the right thing up until now.  But w/ JJ out for the year, its time to cave.

Sign Reddick tonight for whatever it takes snd have him ready to go 2 weeks from today.

For a successful organization, the JJ injury means nothing related to Reddick. 

If he wanted to be here, on his valid contract (and I am certain he agreed to come in and talk/attend camp before the trade), he’d be there. Anyone holding out for injury leverage, especially someone that hasn’t played even a down for the TEAM… is an a$$hole. 

If Reddicks agents now start calling JD since the injury, JDs response should be GFY. 

JD should call his agents after 24 hrs and offer to erase the fines, guarantee his deal for this season minus the missed game checks and offer a per sack attainable bonus to try and make Reddick whole for this year…otherwise, tell Reddick to have a nice life, and we’ll talk again next off season.  Both need to save face here…Reddick and JD. 

No NFL GM can manage a TEAM by giving at this point a  mercenary player his wishes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

13 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

If he wanted to be here, on his valid contract (and I am certain he agreed to come in and talk/attend camp before the trade), he’d be there. Anyone holding out for injury leverage, especially someone that hasn’t played even a down for the TEAM… is an a$$hole. 

If Reddicks agents now start calling JD since the injury, JDs response should be GFY. 

JD should call his agents after 24 hrs and offer to erase the fines, guarantee his deal for this season minus the missed game checks and offer a per sack attainable bonus to try and make Reddick whole for this year…otherwise, tell Reddick to have a nice life, and we’ll talk again next off season.  Both need to save face here…Reddick and JD. 

No NFL GM can manage a TEAM by giving at this point a  mercenary player his wishes. 

Well he'd have to give him a $6MM bump just to bring Reddick back to the original amount.

I don't think Reddick will go for that. In the preseason I thought they'd settle on $20MM for the year, but what Reddick wants, more than a bump for this season, is a guaranteed major payday for 2025 whether he's healthy enough to play or not. 

It may seem like there's a middle ground to be agreed upon here, with a bump for this season, but - while I hope that happens - I don't think it's very likely. 

The inherent problem that's being overlooked is today should cause Reddick to dig his already dug-in heels even deeper. I mean, he just watched JJII go out for the season with a serious injury that'll keep every team from offering Reddick any (serious) guaranteed money next year.

Johnson's injury is precisely what Reddick is afraid of, and it's the source of this whole standoff (from Reddick's standpoint). I don't  think finding another $5MM for him for the season is going to solve that. 

1 hour ago, MysticalJet2 said:

JJ done for season most likely.  

Run D is already looking suspect.

Pass rush was so so before and will now be easier to game plan against.

Lets get it done JD.

He does not want to play and with any team, he's burnt out on the game and would not be any good especially with our coaches

32 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

We are not a successful organization.  So anything u said after that sentence is irrelevant.

Pay him whatever it takes tonight and have him in the building tomorrow.

Not a dick move. A freaking smart move.
I've heard this Reddick called many things ., but smart was never one of them... Lucky ... Perhaps ... But smart ... That would be like calling a barrel cactus in the middle of the desert a bottle of Fiji water.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

You don't think he's going to demand like a 4 year deal at huge money?  And that won't affect our ability to re-sign one of the 2022 draftees?

The Josina report (which is the Reddick agent report) is that Reddick wants Huff’s AAV for this year ($17mm) and a make-good for the penalties. That’d look like a 2/$40~ish deal that gets him $24mm in cash and makes him a surefire cut or restructure this offseason. The Jets obviously don’t have $24mm in cap space, so there’d be dead money kicked down the line. What’s helping Reddick beyond the JJ injury is that the Bengals and Lions are reportedly interested in trading for him, which presupposes that they’d also pay him enough to get him to report. Douglas’ leverage is what, Takk McKinley? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You don't think he's going to demand like a 4 year deal at huge money?  And that won't affect our ability to re-sign one of the 2022 draftees?

2 year 48 million probably gets it done.  He's down 8 mil so 2 years at 40.

Don't have to pay JJ for couple years now.