Coward: AR is an immobile and expensive older QB

Bronx

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No he isn't, but as old as Rodgers is he's still light years better than anything we had last 3 years. Plus 15th highest QB is expensive? Like you, he tries a little too hard. 

Astronomical Units?  I'm wondering if he'll be 100% calling his game like Namath by week 4 or if the formation calls will come in from the sideline and he riffs off that?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

10 of those QB's at quick glance were available to the Jets via draft and we of course were set at QB :) 

Sorry, my friend, but I just can’t look at that list again.

I’m still dying laughing at how @Larz posted THE Kurt Benkert’s QB power rankings as if they were a thing anyone takes seriously.

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No he isn't, but as old as Rodgers is he's still light years better than anything we had last 3 years. Plus 15th highest QB is expensive? Like you, he tries a little too hard. 

Being better than what we’ve had the past 3 years isn’t even a low bar. It’s a bar lying on the floor, Crush.

As for the 15th highest paid thing, is that really a bang for your Buck when his QBR is 18th?

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Being better than what we’ve had the past 3 years isn’t even a low bar. It’s a bar lying on the floor, Crush.

As for the 15th highest paid thing, is that really a bang for your Buck when his QBR is 18th?

are you really trying to say that you think Arod isn't worth his salary? 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think the Danny Dimes contract is worse for we and us. LOL

I see what you did there 😜

No doubt a horrible contract, but coming off the season where Jones had an incredible performance winning a road playoff game in Minnesota, the NYG were between that rock and a hard place so many teams find themselves after 4 years with these young QBs nowadays.

As bad as the signing turned out, at least they structured it where they could walk away after the second (this) year.

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This year he’s getting paid accordingly. Now let’s do next year… and the next.

You guys acting like he’s going to end up costing us 10 cents on a dollar through his contract crack me up.

I don't think anyone is saying that. QB rate are 40 mil/year. We tried the cheap drafted QB, how did that work out for us the last 2 times?

Expensive means more than average, Arod is not more than average, he is middle of the pack

• Upvote 1

AR is an immobile and expensive older QB

I'd agree Rodgers is not a particularly mobile QB, not compared to the QB's playing in 2024.  No one will confuse him with Jayden Daniels back there, mobility wise, lol.

I'm not sure I agree with expensive, he's certainly not cheap, and his contract has some future year pain no one is thinking about today, but for 2024 he's middle of the pack purely as a current year cost.

I'd agree Rodgers is older, at 40 (41 before seasons end) he's what, the oldest starting QB in the NFL currently?

Not sure why so many of you take this stuff so personally, like someone insulted your mom or wife, especially when it's mostly just observational facts we're talking about.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I see what you did there 😜

No doubt a horrible contract, but coming off the season where Jones had an incredible performance winning a road playoff game in Minnesota, the NYG were between that rock and a hard place so many teams find themselves after 4 years with these young QBs nowadays.

As bad as the signing turned out, at least they structured it where they could walk away after the second (this) year.

Who was the running back during that win for we and us? haha. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd agree Rodgers is not a particularly mobile QB, not compared to the QB's playing in 2024.  No one will confuse him with Jayden Daniels back there, mobility wise, lol.

I'm not sure I agree with expensive, he's certainly not cheap, and his contract has some future year pain no one is thinking about today, but for 2024 he's middle of the pack purely as a current year cost.

I'd agree Rodgers is older, at 40 (41 before seasons end) he's what, the oldest starting QB in the NFL currently?

Not sure why so many of you take this stuff so personally, like someone insulted your mom or wife, especially when it's mostly just observational facts we're talking about.  

Good post, and yes Rodgers is the oldest by 4 or 5 years. Stafford is next, and I believe he’s 36yo?

11 minutes ago, funaz said:

I don't think anyone is saying that. QB rate are 40 mil/year. We tried the cheap drafted QB, how did that work out for us the last 2 times?

Expensive means more than average, Arod is not more than average, he is middle of the pack

You are correct. He gets paid $37.5 mil per year. Not sure how anyone considers this expensive given QB salaries these days. 

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think the Danny Dimes contract is worse for we and us. LOL

The NY Giants took possession as the laughingstock of the NFL, we are @mincircus status for the moment as long as clown Hackett and cheerleader Saleh are still hanging around. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't take it personally but at the same time we should let that old bastid get a few games under his belt before we label him. For the love of God dude, Father time had an entire year off and Club Med Bobbies summer camp did nothing but provide ooooooo's and ahhhhhhh's for the fans! I honestly feel like this is simply week 3 of the preseason and expect things to improve as the team gels. As long as AARP doesn't make Aaron an offer he can't refuse to replace Namath as the Medicare supplement shill. I think we see few steps forward every week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1