Coward: AR is an immobile and expensive older QB

Bronx

7 minutes ago, Bronx said:

The NY Giants took possession as the laughingstock of the NFL, we are @mincircus status for the moment as long as clown Hackett and cheerleader Saleh are still hanging around. 

Did you hate Tattoo from Fantasty Island as well? Literally that's what I think of Hackett. He be like "the play, the play" and Aaron's like, thank you. Then does whatever the hell he likes. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Nobody is saying he’s washed, Matt, but excluding the obvious outlier here (Brady) how many QBs can we name who got better as their 41yo season moved toward it’s conclusion?

probably not many, if any, similar examples where the player missed the entire season prior. I think a rust period should be expected. Don't know how much to attribute to rust but reasonable to consider some rustiness is at play here. 

Just now, JiFtheOracle said:

I do not watch any of these shows or listen to hot takes bozo's, ever.  None of it.  I catch this stuff only because it's posted here I will never watch this sh*t by choice but I gave this a listen since it was posted and w/ in the first 1:25 seconds, I would love to battle this ******* moron and it reconfirmed why I stop watching this nonsense a long long time ago...this dude just said, on air, that Brian Callahan doesnt like Will Levis..."personally".   Like this dumb **** knows the first thing about their relationship and if actually did hate his QB on a personal level, why not just play Mason Rudolph? 

He also said, "this was a bad win" - which, stfu, there is no such thing as a bad win the NFL.  It's ******* hard to win in the league.  Legit, it has to hurt to be stupid and people actually watch this moron?

I didn't watch it either, I just post it here as a testosterone-booster for the emancipated.  

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Nobody is saying he’s washed, Matt, but excluding the obvious outlier here (Brady) how many QBs can we name who got better as their 41yo season moved toward its conclusion?

I’m not expecting him to be vintage. But Rodgers on Sunday was the best overall  QB play we’ve seen since Fitz in 2015

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Nobody is saying he’s washed, Matt, but excluding the obvious outlier here (Brady) how many QBs can we name who got better as their 41yo season moved toward it’s conclusion?

Rodgers is a 4 time MVP coming off not playing for 20 months. It's very possible, once he completely shakes off the rust and the offense plays more than 2 whole games together, he will put up a 25/12 3500 yard 65% completion season. Would you take that after watching the last 3 years of worst in league QB play? 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I don't take it personally but at the same time we should let that old bastid get a few games under his belt before we label him.

Are you of the view that his age, salary or mobility are going to change in a few more games?

I don't know, I find it hard to get worked up over Colin Cowherd tbh, lol.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No he isn't, but as old as Rodgers is he's still light years better than anything we had last 3 years. Plus 15th highest QB is expensive? Like you, he tries a little too hard. 

What we've seen from him so far is a 8-10 win QB - who looks nothing his old self.  Which is always what I've been saying.  At this point he's a wildcard and out type QB.

Sure, much better than what we've had - but was always under the impression that wildcard and out isn't the goal.

2 hours ago, Origen said:

Isn't he making like $104M or is that just the cap hit?

Yes.  He's still very expensive.  Not so much compared to the contracts being given out the past two years.  But he's still quite expensive:

Aaron Rodgers signed a 3 year , $112,500,000 contract with the New York Jets, including $75,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $37,500,000. In 2024, Rodgers will earn a base salary of $3,161,112 and a signing bonus of $35,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $17,161,112 and a dead cap value of $66,161,112.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/3745/aaron-rodgers

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Are you of the view that his age, salary or mobility are going to change in a few more games?

I don't know, I find it hard to get worked up over Colin Cowherd tbh, lol.

Not at all. Salary will stay the same. Mobility will likely stay the same or modestly loosen up but not increase per say, but also he may learn to be more efficient with his movement patterns. Age will likely increase daily. But I do think the he the offensive line and skill players will start to  become like the Borg Collective. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. YOUR UNIQUENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR COLLECTIVE. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! Then I will be happy to discuss what he is and isn't. Till then it's just silly.  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Rodgers is a 4 time MVP coming off not playing for 20 months. It's very possible, once he completely shakes off the rust and the offense plays more than 2 whole games together, he will put up a 25/12 3500 yard 65% completion season. Would you take that after watching the last 3 years of worst in league QB play? 

It's fine but not good enough to be a legitimate SB contender.  Isn't that why we brought him in? 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What we've seen from him so far is a 8-10 win QB - who looks nothing his old self.  Which is always what I've been saying.  At this point he's a wildcard and out type QB.

Sure, much better than what we've had - but was always under the impression that wildcard and out isn't the goal.

I see a guy getting use to his lack of mobility and a brand new offense. But I appreciate your ability to prognosticate the record from watching him play two games. Pretty sweet Fido. He look like an older, less mobile less polished (RUSTY) Aaron Rodgers.  It's exactly what I expected once I saw him get up from a few sacks. At the beginning I was convince he wouldn't make it out of the first 2-3 offensive possessions. I feel like we are playing with house money right now. Wow more brilliant prognostication from two games-wildcard and out, fascinating.  Not sure about you but I'm happy to not shut the game off at half time anymore to cut the grass mumbling F-ing Jets the entire time. . I'm buckling for the ride baby!!! 3 Years of Zach made me appreciative of any sort of competent QB and offensive production, plusd TOUCHDOWNS and REDZONE production!! One day tell me how many game winner and what round of the playoffs Zach made you think he was capable of?

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I see a guy getting use to his lack of mobility and a brand new offense. But I appreciate your ability to prognosticate the record from watching him play two games. Pretty sweet Fido. He look like an older, less mobile less polished (RUSTY) Aaron Rodgers.  It's exactly what I expected once I saw him get up from a few sacks. At the beginning I was convince he wouldn't make it out of the first 2-3 offensive possessions. I feel like we are playing with house money right now. Wow more brilliant prognostication from two games-wildcard and out, fascinating.  Not sure about you but I'm happy to not shut the game off at half time anymore to cut the grass mumbling F-ing Jets the entire time. . I'm buckling for the ride baby!!! 3 Years of Zach made me appreciative of any sort of competent QB and offensive production, plusd TOUCHDOWNS and REDZONE production!! One day tell me how many game winner and what round of the playoffs Zach made you think he was capable of?

I'm rooting for Rodgers.  I hope he does well and exceeds my expectations.  Would be wonderful.  It's clear he still has an arm and a good football brain.  But, a major part of what made him a 4 time MVP is gone. His ability to get outside of the pocket and make plays was truly special.

As far as prognosticating.  Isn't' that part of what we do here?  Discuss the Jets, what has happened, who we like, don't like and make projections?  I believe this is a wild card and out team this year.  It's not what I'm rooting for - I would love to win a Super Bowl..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Not many but how many QBs have had Aaron Rodgers career? His arm and brain still look 100% to me, so I think we can establish that he isn’t in his fall of year yet. Brees and Manning simply lost their arm strength so they had to retire. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm rooting for Rodgers.  I hope he does well and exceeds my expectations.  Would be wonderful.  It's clear he still has an arm and a good football brain.  But, a major part of what made him a 4 time MVP is gone. His ability to get outside of the pocket and make plays was truly special.

As far as prognosticating.  Isn't' that part of what we do here?  Discuss the Jets, what has happened, who we like, don't like and make projections?  I believe this is a wild card and out team this year.  It's not what I'm rooting for - I would love to win a Super Bowl..

His arm for me isn't quite there yet on every throw like it use to be. But still enough for now, he will need it to come back to true form if we have a chance later in the season. His football brain is literally what I enjoy the most. Him changing calls  at LOS to create favorable  match ups quite honestly makes it move, a little. Sadly MVP days likely behind him but I still think top 10 potential. Oh yeah, he could extend plays outside the pocket as well as anyone. I do think as he gets more comfortable with this group of players he will get as good as he can at this point. Dude has played with a chip on his shoulder since 49ers took Alex Smith instead of him and Roger Goodell invited him to sit at his draft table because all the other players at that table got drafted. Yes, we prognosticate here, obviously. But means nothing and is only guessing that in my opinion isn't worth a shit because we all have our biases. I still think we will get humiliated on Thursday night at home by the Pats. Not because Aaron is old but because we have yet to stop the run. That's why for now I'm happy with good competitive games. Because I have zero idea how this is going to turn out. So I guess it's a little jealousy of your ability to be so confident in your prognostications. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is just false. His mobility during his last two MVPs is essentially the same at it is now.