“The coaches are exhausted”- Robert Saleh

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The full quote:

"The coaching staff is exhausted, the players are exhausted," Saleh said. "But at the same time, it's the same message. Nobody cares how you get to gameday. Nobody cares about context. They don't care if your dog died. They don't care. The expectation is that you perform, and that's the expectation in this building."

----

I don't love statements like this.  Just feels like preemptive excuse making.  

Full article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nobody-cares-robert-saleh-reacts-to-jets-challenging-schedule/ar-AA1qObV2

you and i have different reading comprehension interpretations of his statement.

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

lmfao - I'd love for you to have 3 games in 11 days and share w/ everyone how you're feeling after preparing for all of that.

kudos to Saleh for saying this, it's a shot at the league for being ******* stupid.

I’d love for Saleh to say this to people in the military deployed overseas.  Wah we have to coach 3 games in 11 days and still be with our families everyday making millions.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ok fine it's understandable, but we all know this sounds like a "pre-emptive strike" in terms of excuse-making for what we're about to witness tonight 🤣

I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there who'd be willing to suffer the same degree of exhaustion in exchange for what Woody Woodpecker is paying you, Coach Bobby 😅🤡

How does this sound like excuse making? He basically saying there are no excuses.

"Nobody cares how you get to gameday. Nobody cares about context. They don't care if your dog died. They don't care. The expectation is that you perform, and that's the expectation in this building."

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

It’s hard work for Hackett to get Aaron coffee

Would be closer to real work if he were making runs for Maccagnan 🤣

The Macc coffee thing is weird because for a guy who drinks 1000 liters of coffee daily, he had the aura / energy of twice-dead corpse

image.thumb.jpeg.5e3772f79565d6c7bb8d2c911efdaae4.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Some folks just have too many unforced errors when they talk.  I'm probably one of them, lol.

I'll take that a step further and say the majority of people do, myself included.

Usually the end result of when you're forced, or rushed to provide an answer to a question, that you didn't have an adequate amount of time to think about.

Some people are quick on their feet in those types of situations, but I'd bet the majority of people are not.

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Macc coffee thing is weird because for a guy who drinks 1000 liters of coffee daily, he had the aura / energy of twice-dead corpse

What a friggin slob.  Hasn’t this clown ever heard of a waste basket or are the unpaid interns supposed to throw out his coffee cups? No wonder he drafted Darron Lee and Hackenberg 1st and 2nd round

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Imagine him without the coffee

Weekend At Bernies GIF

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

What a friggin slob.  Hasn’t this clown ever heard of a waste basket or are the unpaid interns supposed to throw out his coffee cups? No wonder he drafted Darron Lee and Hackenberg 1st and 2nd round

Even Clarence Boddicker kept things tidier in the warehouse headquarters

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

It’s the same exact idea as Parcells comments about injuries:  “nobody cares”

you’ve been reduced to trolling on coach speak. 

how mad are you going to get if the Jets win tonight? 💀

There are worms in the stool of Parcells’ dog that are tougher than Bobby Beach Muscles. 

• Haha 3

it is very easy to jump on his comment and certainly there are many things to criticize Saleh on.

For me, this is simply not one of them. 

Sometimes we have to be fair and simply give the guy a break - unless he loses tonight than have at him😀.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Kinda doing the opposite. 

He's saying nobody cares what your excuse is - the expectation is you go out and win.

But let's make something out of nothing. Sure.

Thank you.

Saved me from having to point out what seemed pretty obvious.

Some people just look for reasons to be upset or hate🤷

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

Meh, the 3 games in 11 days is tough. Especially to begin a season. The ravens and KC on the other hand played their first game on Sep 5th and are playing their third game on the 22nd. They have 3 games in 17 days. They got 6 extra days. Majority of the other teams got at least 3 extra days. Not really sure it’s an excuse more so just stating the obvious that they have been working non stop with little to no rest days.

Pep Guardiola (Man City coach), who's probably the best soccer coach in the world, has made much the same comments while pointing a finger directly at the various leagues who are adding more and more games to the schedule with absolutely no thought about the impact on the players. When Pep does it, it's refreshing and honest. When Saleh does it, he's making excuses and should shut up. Personally, I think it needs to be said. The scheduling is getting crazy and it's not being done in an equitable way. The worst issue is the increased vulnerability to serious injuries. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Is he wrong. Schedulers really screwed us early this season as well as no bye week after our Germany game here in a couple weeks.

This is his way without "making an excuse" to let the league know. That they screwed us. Which he's 100 correct on.

3 games in 11 days and just 2 weeks later a game in Germany with a game the following week. I guess they did us a "favor" by giving us MNF for that next week. Not like a day extra after that travel helps much. On top of that... it's against BUF after that Germany week. So a huge game for us.

and don't forget a cross country trip - playing sunday night in SF is tough.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm sure they are exhausted and I'm sure Pats coaches are too...and every team playing Thursday nights (3 games in 12 days)

There's just no need to say it to the national media.

Not the end of the world - just not a great thing you want your 4th year HC to say before week 3 of an 18 week season.

Look at the traveling required for the Jets versus the patriots.   it's like another day difference.  

It's fair to acknowledge it.   they should be able to overcome it, they are a better team IMHO.

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Hell, I'll say it a third time: how many people here get paid $5 million a year?

Hmmm, did he say that, he was personally exhausted?  Or that his coaching staffing was exhausted because I'd imagine 99% of the staff are making nowhere near that type of money..

• Upvote 1