I am rarely anti-coach but Saleh has proven time and time again he can’t get teams ready

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

1. Saleh should absolutely hold players accountable for penalties

2. What’s causing a lot of this dysfunction, clearly, is that Rodgers is running the offense in his mind and only Lazard seems to understand what that looks like. 

Those animated conversations between Rodgers and Garrett Wilson in camp look extra interesting now huh. They were disagreeing, it seemed.

And so far they have zero chemistry together on the field. 

• Upvote 1

The over celebrating after the fumble in the beginning of the game seemed over the top. And there was Saleh leading the cheers.

Saleh holds nobody accountable, he wants to be every players best friend and frowns on negativity. And somehow his coaching  traits are the right fit for the Jets? :rl: 

These are the results you get, unfortunately.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

10 days to play a bad team at home and you get beat.  Just an awful, awful performance.  

Games like this happen in the NFL but they happen all the time to Saleh.  Undisciplined, underperforming garbage.   

I’d honestly fire him tomorrow.  There is nothing that will change.  Too many times to think he will magically get it together.  Fire him and Hackett and see what kind of spark it can bring.

He is a defensive coordinator and a good one. He isn't a head coach. His record shows that. His teams fading down the stretch shows that.

Can't just be good at part of your job and continuing doing that job.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He is a defensive coordinator and a good one. He isn't a head coach. His record shows that. His teams fading down the stretch shows that.

Can't just be good at part of your job and continuing doing that job.

This!

I will also add, if Woody is willing to hire someone as a coach, they are likely not HC material. A real HC would not let Woody meddle, someone happy to have the paycheck will

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JKlecko said:

If you don't know or can't tell that the Jets are a far more talented team than the Broncos, then you're the one who is delusional and there's no helping you.

You are what your record says you are and JD and Saleh are a losing under 500 duo period 

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Those animated conversations between Rodgers and Garrett Wilson in camp look extra interesting now huh. They were disagreeing, it seemed.

I remember Nate Tice’s draft eval on Garrett Wilson and his red flag was that Wilson “wouldn’t be for everybody” because he freelances too much and isn’t a precise route runner. Even in Wilson’s highlight package you can see him running in a circuitous fashion to open spots, which drives Rodgers crazy because Rodgers would rather take a sack than risk throwing an INT. 

They’re playing like they’ve already won something and they ain’t done jack. No hunger, barely any fight. Saleh has shown he doesn’t have the impact to change the course of the team when times are bad, he is like water. 

• Upvote 2

As dopey as Woody can seem, he obviously is not sold 100% on Saleh and JD.

Even Bowles and Maccagnan got extensions, before they were fired.  That cost Woody alot of money.  

They would not give Reddick a longer term deal, which obviously backfired.  The Jets with JFM or Reddick might have won that game.  

I am not 100% that Woody did not tell them to do certain of these things, but JD and Saleh are riding their AR8/Hackett plan.   If it does not work out, there are alot of 1 year contracts that will expire, and the Jets will start over.

But today shows Woody that paying a guy like Payton could be worth it, as opposed to promoting another 1st time former DC as HC. 

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

As dopey as Woody can seem, he obviously is not sold 100% on Saleh and JD.

Even Bowles and Maccagnan got extensions, before they were fired.  That cost Woody alot of money.  

They would not give Reddick a longer term deal, which obviously backfired.  The Jets with JFM or Reddick might have won that game.  

I am not 100% that Woody did not tell them to do certain of these things, but JD and Saleh are riding their AR8/Hackett plan.   If it does not work out, there are alot of 1 year contracts that will expire, and the Jets will start over.

But today shows Woody that paying a guy like Payton could be worth it, as opposed to promoting another 1st time former DC as HC. 

You kidding me? We’re 100% hiring someone like Doug Pederson next year. Woody has no idea. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

We need to stop w/ this chemistry conspiracy theory.  It doesnt take much time to get comfortable w/ a receiver.  Is nabors struggling w daniel jones?  Heck mike williams has been around for about a month and has no issues catching balls from rodgers.

Garrett Wilson isnt very good.  Thats the problem.  Not chemistry.

6 hours ago, shuler82 said:

**** saleh and this team. We raced to the stadium after my son’s game this morning and got stuck in the worst traffic I’ve ever seen to get in. Now stuck in insane traffic trying to get out of here after the most pathetic game I’ve seen in forever   And considering this franchise that says a lot 

Did your son's team have 13 accepted penalties?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, SeattleJet said:

I don't have any confidence that Saleh can outcoach anyone.

LOL

Over the offseason, didn’t Saleh 🤡 promise to get more involved in coaching the offense?

🤣🤣

Truly horrifying if we’re now witnessing the fruits of his labors, what with Breece and GW playing like 40-year old virgins with their confidence looking absolutely shattered…

🤣😬🤣

7 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Why? He sucks too! Our defense is putrid.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don't want Ulbrich promoted either but the defense is not putrid. It's not perfect by any stretch but they gave up 10 points and 180 total yards today, a total of 30 points the last 3 games. The Jets should be 3-1 right now but the idiotic penalties and play calling shot them in the foot. 

With Rodgers now apparently becoming a popular part of this discussion, I figure it interesting to remind everyone that during his farewell tour in GB, the Saleh and Wilson Jets completely whooped Rodgers' Packers.

I'm not even suggesting any sort of conclusion that should be drawn from that, but just a little tidbit to throw out considering some other things being mentioned here.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We need to stop w/ this chemistry conspiracy theory.  It doesnt take much time to get comfortable w/ a receiver.  Is nabors struggling w daniel jones?  Heck mike williams has been around for about a month and has no issues catching balls from rodgers.

Garrett Wilson isnt very good.  Thats the problem.  Not chemistry.

He is good. He had two 1000 yard seasons with ZW throwing to him. I honestly don't know what the problem is this year though.