Robert Saleh “We are at the nothing part of Football!”

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I’m old school.  Never bought into the Tony Robbin’s thing..  To me he just comes off as a slick grifter.  Assuming the positive vibes thing is a thing.  At what point is controlling your positive vibes a waste of energy?   If you’re a football coach is projecting energy more important than attention to details.  If positivity is the No. 1 attribute, where on the list is putting players in a position to create mismatches that ultimately win games?  

It seems running the stairs and playing golf help Saleh feel and project positivity. The actual hard work of film study and working with the players to deal with their weekly opponents is down the list.  Maybe you hit on something.  The actual work of being a pro-football coach doesn’t create positive vibes.  Which begs the question.  Wouldn’t winning and dominating week after week create a vibe of winning which may have nothing to do with positive vibes but is the actual job of a HC? 

Total grift but I think we will one day look back on these years as the “Grifter Age” with punk YouTubers (“it’s just a prank bro!”) buying Lambos.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I think ultimately the NFL is about QB play and I don't think Saleh has ever had a good one.

Again, let me be clear.  I don't think Saleh is a good coach but it's very tough to win in this league without good QB play.

The one thing Zach and Rodgers have in common is with Saleh as the HC no coaching or accountability.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

There is nothing wrong with being upset when the team loses ... Saleh ... Well he's part of the 'new thinking' regime. He sees anger as a waste of energy. There is a lot to be said for being able to control your temper ... But actions need to be targeted and improvements need to occur.

He's in over his head. Period. End of story.... @THomShane's record prediction seems very possible to me at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

What is that prediciton?

Everything with Saleh is there to get you to avoid looking at what he's done.  We're 2-3 when we should be 4-1 but he tells us that it was the "nothing part of football" and that only the upcoming games matter.  He's such an obvious fraud.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Everything with Saleh is there to get you to avoid looking at what he's done.  We're 2-3 when we should be 4-1 but he tells us that it was the "nothing part of football" and that only the upcoming games matter.  He's such an obvious fraud.  

Lucky for him he can transition easily to his next career in Times Square

IMG_0145.webp.03a6b15c392021fdab36cd92f04f7b4b.webp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What was it Kotite used to say after every game? “Our guys competed” or something? 

“What do you think about your team’s execution tonight?”

”I’m for it.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hey yo Dickie Cimini:

If you’re here, I have a request:  next time please ask Coach “All Gas” when the “something” part of football begins.

Is it this week vs Buffalo or closer to week 18? 🤡

Asking for a friend…

Saleh’s agents are idiots that he hasn’t been booked for Pepto or Gas-X commercials 

Just now, Biggs said:

The thing about guys who have actually won championships.  When they are interviewed they generally talk about the hard work and sacrifice to come together as a team.  I rarely hear them talk about positive vibes.

Agreed and also think about how adults talk about their parents: Does anyone brag about how their parents “let me do whatever I wanted” or do they brag that “my parents could be tough, maybe gave me a swat when I needed it, but they taught me right.”

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

The thing about guys who have actually won championships.  When they are interviewed they generally talk about the hard work and sacrifice to come together as a team.  I rarely hear them talk about positive vibes.

I also would guess that they don't devalue the 1st 1/3 of their schedule.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I’m old school.  Never bought into the Tony Robbin’s thing..  To me he just comes off as a slick grifter.  Assuming the positive vibes thing is a thing.  At what point is controlling your positive vibes a waste of energy?   If you’re a football coach is projecting energy more important than attention to details.  If positivity is the No. 1 attribute, where on the list is putting players in a position to create mismatches that ultimately win games?  
It seems running the stairs and playing golf help Saleh feel and project positivity. The actual hard work of film study and working with the players to deal with their weekly opponents is down the list.  Maybe you hit on something.  The actual work of being a pro-football coach doesn’t create positive vibes.  Which begs the question.  Wouldn’t winning and dominating week after week create a vibe of winning which may have nothing to do with positive vibes but is the actual job of a HC? 
Please don't mis-interpret my explanatory post as any sort of endorsement... I think there is a lot to be said for positive vibes getting you through the day ... But at some point .. like everyday on a football team
.. accountability and production trump all.

Salad is a bad coach
. No amount of positive vibrating will alter that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Please don't mis-interpret my explanatory post as any sort of endorsement... I think there is a lot to be said for positive vibes getting you through the day ... But at some point .. like everyday on a football team
.. accountability and production trump all.

Salad is a bad coach
. No amount of positive vibrating will alter that.

I didn’t.  If being positive helps you do the actual work it’s fine.  The goal is doing the work to actually get results.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

To be honest the first few games are iffy.  It takes time for teams to come together.  The oline and offense has over 50% new players.  The oline has three new players and one coming off a missed season.  So there is some truth in what Bobby says.  But at the same time he doesn’t seem to be watching the same game as everyone else.  The offense can’t run or pass block effectively. And the play calling has been timid because of this. ( maybe Hackett knows his teams limitations right now).  Bobby knows, or should know, they need to win winnable games and they just dropped two.  And now they head into a faltering Buffalo team which is still very good and does get ready for game day.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

To be honest the first few games are iffy.  It takes time for teams to come together.  The oline and offense has over 50% new players.  The oline has three new players and one coming off a missed season.  So there is some truth in what Bobby says.  But at the same time he doesn’t seem to be watching the same game as everyone else.  The offense can’t run or pass block effectively. And the play calling has been timid because of this. ( maybe Hackett knows his teams limitations right now).  Bobby knows, or should know, they need to win winnable games and they just dropped two.  And now they head into a faltering Buffalo team which is still very good and does get ready for game day.

A HC who treats the first few games as "nothing" is going to get sh-tty results.  We should be 4-1 but instead we're 2-3.  Saleh needs to be fired immediately.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s funny about Saleh preaching patience every year is that he has (iirc) a .270 winning percentage in the second halves of seasons. 

Jets under Saleh have collapsed down the stretch; terrible December/January record.

Big picture; at a loss how if things go sideways at home vs. Buffalo he keeps his job. Johnsons are imbeciles, but this is very much a win now season with a 40 year old QB who isn't getting any younger. You aren't selling hope for the future, you're selling RIGHT NOW.  May be you can patch some things together, spackle here, paint there,  and salvage a wild card if you change some variables. But you can't let Baltusrol Bob fumble away another season. And right now that's the trajectory. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

We are all professionals at our job and the quality of one’s manager absolutely does affect performance.

I didn't say it doesn't.

If one of your managers need to motivate you,  then as your manager, I would make the personnel and game plan decision to not have you on my team.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hawk said:

I didn't say it doesn't.

If one of your managers need to motivate you,  then as your manager, I would make the personnel and game plan decision to not have you on my team.

“If I can’t motivate you, it’s a you problem”

You should write a management book. I’ve given you the title of your first chapter. No acknowledgement, please.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Winning would create that vibe- problem is he does not know how to build a winning team of coaches who can actually teach.

there is a balance and personally I think the days of gassers and other physical punishment are gone for these players.

while that is probably the right approach that  to be suplimented with teaching and repetitive actions

that is clear as day not happening 

I’m guessing most  have tuned him out and I do think most want to get better and actually win

problem is there is no one on this staff to help them

I'm curious about how many times this team, under Saleh, has went into halftime with a lead. His teams are always flat during the 1st half in games. How can anyone justify keeping him as our HC. I think he's awful.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1