New Regime. What does Ulbrich do?

10 minutes ago, i remember shea said:

If he positively 100% believes he cannot succeed here, do you think he could have declined the offer and then looked for a HC job after the season? Thoughts?

He should have told Woody I want a three year deal to take the job.  Woody would have shat himself and gave him a contract.

19 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

everyone all over Rodgers  when .....

We all knew Saleh Sucked long before he got here

We all knew Rodgers would have a big say in the offense and honestly why the **** not ??

We all knew Tom Brady was running the offense in Tampa but hey they protected him and played well so no harm no foul ...Right ??

Ulbrick will probably have meetings with Hackett and Rodgers and maybe Carter and figure out how to get this sh*t going. We as fans have no clue how much Saleh might have distanced himself from the offense or the game plans in general. Maybe the Rodgers thing intimidated him and as a HC you need to be in control and not be intimidated. 

Without knowing all the logisitics its really hard to know why this wound up the way it did but the easy way out as always is just to Blame Rodgers and that to me is lazy and stupid. The best thing that can happen here is Ulbrich exertes his athority, takes control of the situation and comes up with a plan with all involved to make this sh*t work then maybe all the bullsh*t rumors and crying will stop.

You’re right, the biggest problem is that Saleh was intimidated by Rodgers and how cool and handsome he is, so it’s Actually Good that Rodgers is running the franchise because now he can use his coolness and handsomeness to make everyone better at football

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

everyone all over Rodgers  when .....

We all knew Saleh Sucked long before he got here

We all knew Rodgers would have a big say in the offense and honestly why the **** not ??

We all knew Tom Brady was running the offense in Tampa but hey they protected him and played well so no harm no foul ...Right ??

Ulbrick will probably have meetings with Hackett and Rodgers and maybe Carter and figure out how to get this sh*t going. We as fans have no clue how much Saleh might have distanced himself from the offense or the game plans in general. Maybe the Rodgers thing intimidated him and as a HC you need to be in control and not be intimidated. 

Without knowing all the logisitics its really hard to know why this wound up the way it did but the easy way out as always is just to Blame Rodgers and that to me is lazy and stupid. The best thing that can happen here is Ulbrich exertes his athority, takes control of the situation and comes up with a plan with all involved to make this sh*t work then maybe all the bullsh*t rumors and crying will stop.

good point.  especially like the point about what input bobby did have into the offense.  everyone carps about the line plunges but maybe bobby told hackett to be real conservative so his defense could ride to the rescue.  bobby sets the tone, hackett complies and the offense is garbage.  on the other hand maybe bobby was completely hands off.  either way doesn't speak well of bobby as a head coach.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am of the belief that Jeff Ulbrich will make the offense good

Hey there was writing on the wall from other players as well including the most recent Breece and then Quincey also Wilson to a lesser extent all saying players needed to be held accountable ..Translation ? They weren't 

Im sure Woody was (as he should be) evaluating how his HC handeled the adversity . If Im a player and my HC is a complete bufoon (i have had some in my sports days playing Baseball,Basketball and Football) I really had no say in the matter other than the chatter between teammates. I actully did have a coach get canned due to players having enough and at some point you wouild want a guy like Rdogers who is now the face of the franchise to step up and call it out to the owner if it was a glaring problem and in fact it seemed like it was getting there. Like I said in a previous post if Rodgers saw issues and Saleh was in fact failing miserably as a HC its not just Rodgers that being affected. Its the entire organization ownership and players and its fan base after all Rodgers (if he even said anything) is paid by Woody Johnson not Robert Saleh. 

One thing we can take from this is Robert Saleh never was the CEO and I think he struggled with leadership. As a leader you can't be friends with everyone and blurt out slogans all day long. At some point you need to actully lead and hold people accountable and it was obvious Saleh could not do that and what that does is it loses you respect very quickly

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

New Regime. What does Ulbrich do?

Whatever Rodgers wants him to do.

You posted that Ulbrich was the greatest thing upcoming. but you refuse to give him any credit after being elevated as a coach. 

You are Mr. Flip-flopping machine.   

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

good point.  especially like the point about what input bobby did have into the offense.  everyone carps about the line plunges but maybe bobby told hackett to be real conservative so his defense could ride to the rescue.  bobby sets the tone, hackett complies and the offense is garbage.  on the other hand maybe bobby was completely hands off.  either way doesn't speak well of bobby as a head coach.

When writing the story of your life never let another man hold the pen .....LOL Poor Bobby had everyone holding the pen but him .

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bronx said:

You posted that Ulbrich was the greatest thing upcoming. but you refuse to give him any credit after being elevated as a coach. 

You are Mr. Flip-flopping machine.   

Not sure what this means.  Ive never had much to say about Ulbrich good or bad.

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Hey there was writing on the wall from other players as well including the most recent Breece and then Quincey also Wilson to a lesser extent all saying players needed to be held accountable ..Translation ? They weren't 

Im sure Woody was (as he should be) evaluating how his HC handeled the adversity . If Im a player and my HC is a complete bufoon (i have had some in my sports days playing Baseball,Basketball and Football) I really had no say in the matter other than the chatter between teammates. I actully did have a coach get canned due to players having enough and at some point you wouild want a guy like Rdogers who is now the face of the franchise to step up and call it out to the owner if it was a glaring problem and in fact it seemed like it was getting there. Like I said in a previous post if Rodgers saw issues and Saleh was in fact failing miserably as a HC its not just Rodgers that being affected. Its the entire organization ownership and players and its fan base after all Rodgers (if he even said anything) is paid by Woody Johnson not Robert Saleh. 

One thing we can take from this is Robert Saleh never was the CEO and I think he struggled with leadership. As a leader you can't be friends with everyone and blurt out slogans all day long. At some point you need to actully lead and hold people accountable and it was obvious Saleh could not do that and what that does is it loses you respect very quickly

It’s two issues here. One is that Saleh wasn’t a good head coach. He wasn’t a good head coach because he was too weak to push back against Woody and Douglas and whoever else. And because he was weak, he was doomed. The other issue is that the Jets offense sucks and the principals of making that offense suck are *more* empowered today than they were yesterday. The defense was very good. The offense was a sh*tshow. Rodgers and Hackett and Keith Carter and Todd Downing are going to run the same sh*t on Monday that they ran for the first five weeks of the season. Rodgers is going to keep throwing 50/50 balls to the sideline and staring in disgust at anyone who doesn’t come down with them. The running game is still going to suck. What difference is Ulbrich gonna make. Is be going to yell at Alan Lazard? Is he going to pull John Simpson? No, he’s not. The problem with the 2024 Jets is the same problem that plagued the 2022 Packers: Rodgers is over empowered and he’s not good enough anymore to run the whole show. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’s two issues here. One is that Saleh wasn’t a good head coach. He wasn’t a good head coach because he was too weak to push back against Woody and Douglas and whoever else. And because he was weak, he was doomed. The other issue is that the Jets offense sucks and the principals of making that offense suck are *more* empowered today than they were yesterday. The defense was very good. The offense was a sh*tshow. Rodgers and Hackett and Keith Carter and Todd Downing are going to run the same sh*t on Monday that they ran for the first five weeks of the season. Rodgers is going to keep throwing 50/50 balls to the sideline and staring in disgust at anyone who doesn’t come down with them. The running game is still going to suck. What difference is Ulbrich gonna make. Is be going to yell at Alan Lazard? Is he going to pull John Simpson? No, he’s not. The problem with the 2024 Jets is the same problem that plagued the 2022 Packers: Rodgers is over empowered and he’s not good enough anymore to run the whole show. 

Winner winner!!!!

AaronRodgers is coaching this team through jeff ulbrich.

Rodgers had Saleh as the sacrificial lamb in his back pocket and after a dreadful 3 int game, he decided to use it.

• Upvote 1

this was a stupid move to fire Saleh. we just got worst today.

1st we just loss Saleh who definitely helped this defense.

2nd. we just took the coach of the best part of this team and promoted him. so who runs the defense? will he be able to keep the defense good? lets hope.

3rd. Hackett is still here. so unless Ulrich knows how to make offensive plays and has time to call offense and defensive plays, how are we better?

you all wanted Saleh fired and you got your pound of flesh. lets see if Ulrich can stop the penalties and bad plays and play calling.

i doubt this very much.

Woody just ended the season on the verge of a game for 1st place. its stupid to fire Saleh when everything wrong is on offense.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

First and foremost he needs to fire Keith Carter.

Then name a DC. He can't afford to have the teams top unit have a drop off in play.

Finally, he needs to address the problems on O because he now has the job of HC because Saleh could not fix the problems on O. But, how does he do that, is he allowed to fire Hackett or demote Hackett (perhaps in duties but not in title?)

This is legitimately funny. I can't imagine what you or Woody think they're getting besides a copy of Saleh that talks dumber.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

this was a stupid move to fire Saleh. we just got worst today.

1st we just loss Saleh who definitely helped this defense.

2nd. we just took the coach of the best part of this team and promoted him. so who runs the defense? will he be able to keep the defense good? lets hope.

3rd. Hackett is still here. so unless Ulrich knows how to make offensive plays and has time to call offense and defensive plays, how are we better?

you all wanted Saleh fired and you got your pound of flesh. lets see if Ulrich can stop the penalties and bad plays and play calling.

i doubt this very much.

Woody just ended the season on the verge of a game for 1st place. its stupid to fire Saleh when everything wrong is on offense.

HEAD

COACH

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Push back on what I guess? The Zach stuff was never going to be clear. If Woody was giving Zach clearance to do whatever then hopefully Saleh comes public with that. But at the same time Saleh blew off the combine every year and seemed more interested in golfing and promoting himself.

Ulbrich is going to sit down with the offensive staff, and he is going to make them explain to him how they are going to put together an offensive plan that would beat his top ranked defense.

He will make them explain how they are going to maximize the production of every player. 

Then he is going to sit down with the defensive players and make sure that they get the joke. 

That is what CEO/manager does.  If he can’t improve the team, he will be another teams DC next year.  

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

bottom line is we are both speculating maybe this jump starts the team from a positive perspective, I know the Jet Way is to be negitive but at some point things have to turn around this team has too much talent not too