Rodgers and Saleh's relationship and Matt Lafluer

I believe Matt Lafluer drove a wedge btwn rodgers and saleh before the relationship ever began.  I think Lafluer let him know that you need to mark your territory and show rodgers you're the alpha right away or rodgers will take advantage of you in front of the team.

I think this caused saleh to go overboard in making sure rodgers knew who was boss.  And that rubbed rodgers the wrong way from day 1.

And then having saleh in all the offensive meetings and him chiming in probably drove rodgers nuts.  

Why do u guys think coach and qb couldnt stand each other.

Robert Saleh dug his own grave by being completely disengaged from this team. In three years have you once seen Saleh talking to a player or coach on the sideline? One time?

The Moore, Mims, Becton, Carter, Zach bullsh*t drama is also Roberts fault . Dude is a HORRIBLE leader.

How could I forget, he should have been fired the second he was caught texting with beningo. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, BreeceHallofFame said:

So you’re officially off the wagon? 

I dont know.  I will need a bit to see what happens here.  This is a shock to all of us.

But we fired the guy whos side of the ball was dominant and keep rodgers/hackett who have been dreadful.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont know.  I will need a bit to see what happens here.  This is a shock to all of us.

But we fired the guy whos side of the ball was dominant and keep rodgers/hackett who have been dreadful.

We promoted the guy in charge of the defense. Saleh is the head coach and responsible for all sides of the ball

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I believe Matt Lafluer drove a wedge btwn rodgers and saleh before the relationship ever began.  I think Lafluer let him know that you need to mark your territory and show rodgers you're the alpha right away or rodgers will take advantage of you in front of the team.

I think this caused saleh to go overboard in making sure rodgers knew who was boss.  And that rubbed rodgers the wrong way from day 1.

And then having saleh in all the offensive meetings and him chiming in probably drove rodgers nuts.  

objection, speculation 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

We promoted the guy in charge of the defense. Saleh is the head coach and responsible for all sides of the ball

Is he?  Cause I know great coaches like andy reid and sean mcvay are only involved on one side of the ball.

What happens when Rodgers throws another 3 picks and misses a wide open wr to win the game?

Who gets fired that week so Rodgers doesnt have to take the blame?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Is he?  Cause I know great coaches like andy reid and sean mcvay are only involved on one side of the ball.

What happens when Rodgers throws another 3 picks and misses a wide open wr to win the game?

Those examples either call plays or are deeply involved in game day play calling. Saleh is completely hands off. Let’s see if the new head coach has the balls to make changes. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

First off he's the head coach. Do you know what that means or are you simply ignoring that so you can be you? Second the guy who is now in charge was the guy that ran that defense. Saleh is a swell bald beast of a DC and will have a job next year in no time. Simply not a HC. Rodgers and Hackett do both stink. Not wrong there. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

First off he's the head coach. Do you know what that means or are you simply ignoring that so you can be you? Second the guy who is now in charge was the guy that ran that defense. Saleh is a swell bald beast of a DC and will have a job next year in no time. Simply not a HC. Rodgers and Hackett do both stink. Not wrong there. 

What qualifications does jeff ulbrich have to fix this offense?

Someone explain that to me.

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Who was to blame the first three years? At some point the head coach has to have some accountability.

37 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Robert Saleh dug his own grave by being completely disengaged from this team. In three years have you once seen Saleh talking to a player or coach on the sideline? One time?

The Moore, Mims, Becton, Carter, Zach bullsh*t drama is also Roberts fault . Dude is a HORRIBLE leader.

How could I forget, he should have been fired the second he was caught texting with beningo. 

Or threatening to take assistant coaches phones because someone was leaking (as he was yapping with Benigno)

I mean come on he was a known c;lown and commanded ZERO respect

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Reid and McVay coach the ENTIRE TEAM. The specialize in an aspect of the game, But they are very engaged with all aspects of the team. They also make sure trusted quality coaches that they can rely on are in command of parts of the team they will not be devoting as much time to

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Please, take your time to sort your feelings out. Might I suggest you delete your account and take maybe a ten year break to see where life takes you….like hopefully far away from here? #Nauseating

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not sure that was ever the intention. I think its a matter of having a head coach that's the grown up in the room and instills some discipline for this team. Sloppy undisciplined highly penalized football was the Hallmark of Saleh's tenure. He'd rather cheer, smile and run stairs than actually put his big boy pants on and control his team. 

• Upvote 3

I have no doubt that Lefluer hates Rodgers and is thrilled to have gotten him off the team.  It's possible Lefluer advised Saleh on what to expect from Rodgers.  

I doubt that Saleh got tough with Rodgers for any other reason than Rodgers wasn't delivering and Saleh's career as a HC was invested in Rodgers success.   Saleh probably realized that allowing Rodgers to walk all over the organization wasn't going to work out for him and started pushing back.  Rodgers who hasn't meet a HC who could tell him anything probably got very bent out of shape when he was called on his performance and preporation.  

Lefluer and Saleh are friends.  Their style as HC's is very different.  

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are going to find out if he's a 1 trick pony or real HC material.  I have a feeling that defensive coordinators understand what NFL offense is. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Robert Saleh was a terrible coach, end of story.