Where is JD

31 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro woody said yesterday this is the most talented team he’s had in 20 years!

Thus idiot might actually keep JD!! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Nah lol. Woody was trying to rally up the players who are down. Yes it does look great β€œ on paper β€œ woody is correct. Last yr Saleh and JD got a pass for rodgers going down. No excuses this yr. saleh is already gone, JD will be next if jets do not get to AFC championship. JD had likely already earned a pink slip , but the Aaron Rodgers and co experiment allowed JD to put ALL his chips in a pot. Win big or go home, literally.Β 

• Post of the Week 1

Saleh ostensibly reported to JD but decision to fire him was woody’s decision (β€œmine and mine alone.”)

Pretty much tells you what you need to know about JD’s current authority that as direct manager he wasn’t even consulted for an opinion before Woody dropped the axe.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Saleh ostensibly reported to JD but decision to fire him was woody’s decision (β€œmine and mine alone.”)

Pretty much tells you what you need to know about JD’s current authority that as direct manager he wasn’t even consulted for an opinion before Woody dropped the axe.

Although he did say he thinks this is some of the best talent the NY Jets have ever had.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Although he did say he thinks this is some of the best talent the NY Jets have ever had.

Which is an endorsement of JD’s scouting eye but doesn’t speak to what authority he hasΒ 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

Which is exactly why he is leaving in January and will; be hired by another organization in a nanosecond.

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD not speaking means absolutely nothing.

It is his M.O.Β  He addresses the public solely within the league mandated minimums.

Β 

Is that proper behavior for a gm who is suppsoed to be just one rung below the owner and above the coach?

Not the hell in my books it isn't

Like it or not a gm has some responsibility to be a leader of the team and show he is on top of things.Β Β  Not being in the room when Saleh was fired is beyond ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Is that proper behavior for a gm who is suppsoed to be just one rung below the owner and above the coach?

Like it or not a gm has some responsibility to be a leader of the team and show he is on top of things.Β Β  Not being in the room when Saleh was fired is beyond ridiculous.

Oh I agree.Β  It's disgraceful.Β  But it's the way he's done things.Β 

Douglas seems to have contempt for the fan base.Β 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Woody and Rodgers relieved him of his leadership duties yesterday.Β Β 

Douglas is not the GM outside of name after yesterday.Β  He will be gone immediately when the season is over.

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Woody made it clear this was his decision.Β  Not sure what JD could provide at this point that Woody didnt share.Β  I think asking JD for comments or explanation would only make things worse and make everything even more confusing.

Explaining why the GM, whom the organization spent effort making it clear that he was Saleh's boss, isn't involved in any of this and thus.. what role he actually has in the organization seems valid and that it could clear up a lot of confusion.

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Respectfully disagree.Β 

β€œSorry Woody, we are a package deal. I believe in what we’ve built, and think you should give it until the end of the season to make a move like this. If you decide to move forward, I’m not on board and you can let me go as well”.Β 

Note that most of the posters here think Douglas would be hired by another team the minute there was a new opening.Β 

LMAO at the bolded. To quote Junior Soprano - We aren't making a Western here.Β 

This is easy for you to say. This is business. What "most of the posters here think" is also completely irrelevant. There are 32 NFL GM jobs in the world. We expect JD to sacrifice the most prestigious job he's ever held for Saleh? Are we kidding?Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas is done with the Jets.Β  The owner and Aaron Rodgers neutered him yesterday.Β  They will "mutually" part ways after the season and Joe D will have another GM job in a nano second.

I agree he’ll never sign with Woody again. Β He’s made some mistakes, most notably the Zach pick and going with a defensive head coach but he’s built a very good roster. He’ll get hired by a good owner and be very successful in his next stop, having learned from experience. Woody is the main problem. Unintelligent, impulsive, and without any training or ability to run a successful business. His only qualification to own the team was inheriting a large sum of money.Β 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

And this one has to be like 30th on that listΒ 

Β 

AND?

It's still very likely the last NFL GM job Douglas is ever getting if he's let go this year.Β 

Asking him to die on the hill for Robert Saleh is looney tunes level silly.Β 

Douglas may be sitting on a burning hot seat but he's built (imperfectly for sure) one of the best rosters the Jets have had in years. I could see Douglas returning next year.Β 

Woody is doing what he should: taking the attention for the decision so the front office and coaching staff can focus on their work.Β 

Both Saleh and Douglas should have been let go after the collapse in 2022, which Saleh just brushed off as nothing. And Douglas has been invisible since he’s been hired. It’s two years too late. Β 
Β 

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ