You are over blaming Hackett

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

the post you approve of is flat out insane. The guy is an NFL disaster wherever he goes.  Hackett is awful. Period.  Gives our players little to no chance of success.  Assistant coaches are probably equally awful. Talent is there dude.  Leadership isn't and hasn't been for decades. 

Was he a disaster in buffalo, Jacksonville, and Green Bay ?

6 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Are we pretending that didn’t happen now? You think Hackett was the issue last year? Not Wilson or the OL fielding 14 different combinations?

I think it's obvious that the game has passed Hackett by as evidenced by his massive failures in both of his recent stops. What he did with Blake Bortles in 2017 or the Bills in 2014 is not relevant in 2024.

He will not be employed in the NFL in 2025. The only reason he was hired by the Jets was to lure in Aaron Rodgers. If not for that, he likely isn't employed in the NFL now.

No one person is ever to blame for a teams failure. Hackett can be terrible at his job while Wilson sucks at football and the o-line has a ton of injuries all at the same time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He just lost playing calling duties and his new job description is his new job is the same as tatoo’s from Fantasy Island. 

he is an emotional support pet for rodgers.  and, i'm fine with it.  now, with all the changes,  go play disciplined football, produce on the offensive side of the ball and win.  all will be well.  

if not... oh, boy... 

• Upvote 2

So, I’m usually of the opinion that OCs get too much blame when things go poorly, and that a lot of times, the QB or OL just sucks.

And Rodgers has s*cked giant monkey balls these last 2 weeks. Hackett didn’t make him overthrow Garrett Wilson by a country mile with the game on the line, etc. 

Having said all of that, Hackett’s offense has no creativity and he is the most predictable play caller I have ever seen. He’s a terrible OC. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

The whole “Hackett is the worst OC ever” is kind of a joke 

let’s start with history. He had success as OC in Buffalo turning them into one of the best running offenses in the NFL. He then did the same thing in Jakcskonville leading a top 5 offense with Blake Bortles and almost getting to a Super Bowl. He was hired “offensive genius” Matt Lefleur solely on merit, and while Hackett didn’t call plays he played a key role in elevating that packers offense into an elite unit. Mike McDaniel didn’t call plays under shanahan either. 

He was a terrible HC in Denver, Nick Saban was a terrible HC. McDaniels in NE was a terrible HC and a great OC. It happens all the time. 

Last year the offense was led by the worst QB room in the NFL, after losing your starter which the offense revolved around in week 1. Still the jets won 7 games and had a decent running attack despite the most OL injuries in the NFL and Breece coming off the ACL.

This year the Jets have played what could be the 5 best defenses in the NFL including a game in a rain storm. The QB hasn’t played in two years. Despite all this they are two plays from being 4-1.

The jets TEs can’t block (hello Rob Middleton), the OL can’t block either (Hello Kieth Carter) and our elite RB has regressed (Hello Tony Dews), and our WR can’t get on the same page as our QB (hello Mr Jefferson). 

It’s easy to get sucked into the Hackett is the worst narrative, but the fact is he is an accomplished OC in the NFL that our HOF QB trusts with his career. 

If Rodgers trusts Hackett with his career, then why did he sign off on Hackett being removed as OC????  The only thing about this issue that is a joke, is you post.  Quite obviously, you are content with mediocre, half-assed play and a 7-10 or 8-9 W-L record.  Well, the rest of us are not. We've seen this same sh*t show for most of the last 60 years.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I disagree that Saleh did nothing about it.   He would go in front of the cameras and say "we'll get it fixed" and then he'd run the stairs.

To be fair, I remember Rex doing the same (minus the stairs :D). Sloppy penalties were a problem under his watch too, and every week he said "we'll get that fixed" ... and never did.

Let's see this week if we're still having trouble getting plays called on time.  Taking time outs to avoid delay of game penalties.

Let's see if we can convert on 3rd & 1 / 4th & 1 for once, maybe without running it straight up the gut for a loss. I've read somewhere that you are actually allowed to throw the ball in those scenarios - who knew? ;-) 

4 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

The whole “Hackett is the worst OC ever” is kind of a joke 

let’s start with history. He had success as OC in Buffalo turning them into one of the best running offenses in the NFL. He then did the same thing in Jakcskonville leading a top 5 offense with Blake Bortles and almost getting to a Super Bowl. He was hired “offensive genius” Matt Lefleur solely on merit, and while Hackett didn’t call plays he played a key role in elevating that packers offense into an elite unit. Mike McDaniel didn’t call plays under shanahan either. 

He was a terrible HC in Denver, Nick Saban was a terrible HC. McDaniels in NE was a terrible HC and a great OC. It happens all the time. 

Last year the offense was led by the worst QB room in the NFL, after losing your starter which the offense revolved around in week 1. Still the jets won 7 games and had a decent running attack despite the most OL injuries in the NFL and Breece coming off the ACL.

This year the Jets have played what could be the 5 best defenses in the NFL including a game in a rain storm. The QB hasn’t played in two years. Despite all this they are two plays from being 4-1.

The jets TEs can’t block (hello Rob Middleton), the OL can’t block either (Hello Kieth Carter) and our elite RB has regressed (Hello Tony Dews), and our WR can’t get on the same page as our QB (hello Mr Jefferson). 

It’s easy to get sucked into the Hackett is the worst narrative, but the fact is he is an accomplished OC in the NFL that our HOF QB trusts with his career. 

delusional.

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

13 / 100+ / 1 TD sounds great, in isolation.

The fact that it needed what, 22 targets to achieve that? That's not so great. Volume of catches does not trump efficiency of catches. You only get so many offensive plays in a game.

In a bad weather game where Rodgers was playing terrible for the first half and throwing bad passes, 13 catches out of 22 is not terrible. Stop acting like you did not watch the game. 

In a bad weather game where Rodgers was playing terrible for the first half and throwing bad passes, 13 catches out of 22 is not terrible. Stop acting like you did not watch the game. 
Bad weather game? We're talking about the Vikings game here, not Denver.

And I never used the word "terrible".

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

If Ulbrich has the authority, I would have hired Jon Gruden to run the offense.

He's a quality OC and dying to get back in the league.

In hindsight, I'm guessing they hired Downing to attract Carr and Hackett to pull Rodgers.

It was their way of hedging their bets.

Saleh apparently co-signed on it but the thought process was so deeply flawed.

Even with a HOF QB, you still need a legit gameplanner / playcaller who knows what he's doing.

But it is what it is.  They're not gonna fire / demote Downing now after just naming him 1 day ago 🤣