Team is a disgrace

4 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Stop lecturing me with over generalizations. This team could easily be 5-1 just by making a couple of kicks or catching a couple more balls. 

OK keep living in fantasy land with ifs and buts.

They are what they are, 2-4.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

2-4? With this roster? With a  talented QB?

We fired saleh so there is not much else to do besides drink heavily, curse at random things, and post like this.

F this team!!!!  

The Jets broke me last night ……

I get it

but if they had truly broken you, wouldn’t you be somewhere else instead of coming back for more misery 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Im scared not to be a Jet fan anymore because Im really contemplating that. The thing is though if I do that they will win the next 11 and win the SB . Tell me that has not crossed your minds

Beautiful summation of the sunken cost fallacy

12 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Stop lecturing me with over generalizations. This team could easily be 5-1 just by making a couple of kicks or catching a couple more balls. 

Breece dropped a 3rd down pass early that hit him in the hands which killed a drive 

Whereas Buffalo’s 4th round rookie is running all the way across the field 40 yards downfield making leaping acrobatic catches 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Breece dropped a 3rd down pass early that hit him in the hands which killed a drive 

Whereas Buffalo’s 4th round rookie is running all the way across the field 40 yards downfield making leaping acrobatic catches 

Exactly 

Mike Williams slips on final play two weeks in  a row and the DB makes highlight real interceptions. While sauce drops a pick that hit him in the chest. This is elementary stuff. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It has but I’m still tempted to take a break, at least 

this team has lost 3 heartbreaking games in a row by a combined 10 points, with two of them coming by a FG or less. All 3 games have been defined by Missed FGs, penalties, and dumb mistakes galore. 

it’s one thing to lose, but to lose in the most consistently infuriating ways possible week after week . . . It just feels like following this team so closely is insane. 

Went to bed at halftime last night knowing there was no way they'd come back.

I've seen enough from this team to know not to be emotionally invested. They tricked me with the Pats game so I drove to the Meadowlands and sat in the rain to watch that Broncos debacle.

This team doesn't have it and isn't winning anything.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

you are what your record says you are because we DID drop those passes, We DID miss those field goals and WE DID have multiple stupid penalties at big moments as well. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Went to bed at halftime last night knowing there was no way they'd come back.

I've seen enough from this team to know not to be emotionally invested. They tricked me with the Pats game so I drove to the Meadowlands and sat in the rain to watch that Broncos debacle.

This team doesn't have it and isn't winning anything.

I was thinking about turning it off before the Hail Mary but that play got me juiced, not gonna lie

However, I had a bad feeling all night and I very much agree with the bolded. 

The Jets are losers, and in partiuclar, this young core of promising Jets (GW, QW 1, QW 2, Breece, Sauce) has done nothing but lose, and I fear that it is all they know how to do. 

We fired saleh so there is not much else to do besides drink heavily, curse at random things, and post like this.

F this team!!!!  

Buck up look at the huge difference that just. It having hack call plays. We looked legit. 

Now we did lose, we were out coached. But we were light years better than the previous weeks. Now we will see the coach brick really is and downing for that matter.

We have some underperforming guys...looking at you 77, but really a lot of techniques and game planning to do this week. The schedule is going to soften up and honestly we did enough to win the last three games not just this week against Buffalo. Greg the leg missing really hurts, but their guy missed too. 

Anyway yeah it sucks to lost another winnable game but the game plan was on point. Hall and Wilson magically look better...gipson wasnt the focal point do tth offense. I saw so much good last night. The loss sucks for sure but the team is going to get better and if coaching can get our guy prepared and stop hurting oeu selves with penalties we are going to make play offs

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I was thinking about turning it off before the Hail Mary but that play got me juiced, not gonna lie

However, I had a bad feeling all night and I very much agree with the bolded. 

The Jets are losers, and in partiuclar, this young core of promising Jets (GW, QW 1, QW 2, Breece, Sauce) has done nothing but lose, and I fear that it is all they know how to do. 

G5 and Q come from winning programs 

Cincinnati sucks but didn’t Sauce lead them to the college postseason

It’s crazy how this talent appears to be dying on the vine 

I guess the infinite losing has worn on everyone 

And you had the HC saying “it’s early” and “we’ll just keep doing what we’re doing and we’ll be fine”

My enthusiasm is finally going away when it comes to the jets. Maybe these last 13-14 years have finally gotten to me. All the wasted time/energy spent on this franchise is resources I'll never get back. It's damn near statistically impossible to not luck into the playoffs one of those years. 

Now, were staring at another potential blow it up/rebuild. I don't know how I can be that patient again

F this team!!!!  

The NFL broke me last night. Its unwatchable. The refs have too much control. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

G5 and Q come from winning programs 

Cincinnati sucks but didn’t Sauce lead them to the college postseason

It’s crazy how this talent appears to be dying on the vine 

I guess the infinite losing has worn on everyone 

And you had the HC saying “it’s early” and “we’ll just keep doing what we’re doing and we’ll be fine”

College is irrelevant. A lot of these guys won in college. 

I'm talking about winning in the pros. 

These guy have experienced nothing but losing in the pros and, as you say, that wears on you. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Zzzz you are what you are in your next game 

no your not ..not at all ...this team is 2 and 4 and they have played exactly like a 2 and 4 team. You can sleep on that all you want 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

wtf are you taking about ? With your logic if we were 0-10 and won a game we would be that team that won the damn game ? You are making zero sense

Yes that is what you are. Are you saying the 9-7 giants that won a super bowl came in second place to the 16-0 pats? 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Im scared not to be a Jet fan anymore because Im really contemplating that. The thing is though if I do that they will win the next 11 and win the SB . Tell me that has not crossed your minds

I stopped being a fan after AR tore his achilles and have not regretted it.  The team has been poorly run for a very, very long time, with only a few instances of light since 1975 when I started following them.

Compare them to the 49ers, who may have had a tough start but are a first class operation and I know they will turn things around, starting with the win against Seattle.  That's a big part of the difference; one team has no heart or unity - the jets - while the other, the 49ers, play together, support each other, and expect to win.

Interesting how Darnold is now in the top 5 QBs in the league, hmmmmmm.....wonder why that is?

How is a team with the LAST player in the draft as their starting QB winning games and reaching SBs, while the NYJ with a HoF QB 2-4?

The NYJ consistently make the dumbest decision possible in every situation.  Its like the gameshow with the 3 doors with one car and two goats, and the Jets, even being able to see behind the door STILL pick the goat every time.  50 years of frustration was enough for me.  I feel for you guys sticking it out, but maybe the best thing would be for the franchise to move to another city and start over.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

F this team!!!!  

Watch out that Joe Douglas doesn't see this and breaks you like pretzel. 

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hard to blame coaching yesterday in some respects.

I mean there were a dozen plays yesterday, any one of which — if it is made — the Jets win.

Maybe G5, Sauce, Breece, etc just aren’t as good as everybody thinks they are.

I know it was a big hit but this is the NFL.  Aaron put it right on your hands in stride.

Catch the ball.

He was nearly out of bounds on the TD he actually scored because he jumped for no reason.

I noticed with Breece he is not a cutback runner.  

There was such an obvious cutback lane on that long run.  The last man had to run all the way from middle of field.  Just cut back inside against his momentum and it’s an easy score.

He doesn’t have great vision or lateral agility or run with power for a bigger back.

If you present him with a seam directly in front of him he will exploit it for a big gain, but he either doesn’t see cutback lanes or for some reason chooses not to hit them.

He never jukes anyone and goes down way too often on first contact.

Will McD looks futile trying to rush the passer vs better competition and gets pushed around in the run game.

Tyron Smith looks like a fossil.

And how in the world was Q ever worth 100M contract or whatever he’s getting!??

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Breece should have scored with a cutback.  surprised.  I am not as negative as you are on him.

TS is garbage.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hard to blame coaching yesterday in some respects.

I mean there were a dozen plays yesterday, any one of which — if it is made — the Jets win.

That’s true of every one score game, friend.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

we should be 3-3 - some bad breaks.

You make your own luck. Much more likely Jets are poorly-run and lack that will to win in the face of adversity than that they just have horrendous luck year after year through no fault of their own.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

You make your own luck. Much more likely Jets are poorly-run and lack that will to win in the face of adversity than that they just have horrendous luck year after year through no fault of their own.

Yea, good teams get lucky and bad teams get unlucky. Teams in the NFL are very closely matched. The bad teams make just enough mistakes to lose. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

My enthusiasm is finally going away when it comes to the jets. Maybe these last 13-14 years have finally gotten to me. All the wasted time/energy spent on this franchise is resources I'll never get back. It's damn near statistically impossible to not luck into the playoffs one of those years. 

Now, were staring at another potential blow it up/rebuild. I don't know how I can be that patient again

I get it. It is like that with the Knicks to me. 20 years of lousy basketball and I stopped watching or caring. I know they had a nice run last year and look primed to make another run but I just don’t care. I don’t watch I don’t read about them just don’t care anymore

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Not being a Jet fan is a pretty reasonable response to this team, but it’s also like the Herpes, once you got it you got it. 

Team winning next 11 and winning the superbowl? Totally  not worried about that.