It's Aaron Rodgers Fault He's On Pace for over 4000 yards and 2x TD-INT ratio

I thought if he could do 3000/28/12 we would win 12 games.

Of course, I also thought we had a top 5 defense, top 3 running back and a top ten o-line to go with those numbers.  

He isn't good enough to carry a team in his current condition, but he wasn't supposed to.  The entire thing has collapsed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Vader said:

ya I was highlighting what you posted for the general population 

I don't think anyone is discrediting him for not being a leader.  However, there is plenty of room for discussion for his level of play.

He has been erratic passing the ball, and the amount of delay of games / timeouts are solely on him.  Even if the Play is late, call your own play.  He knows the playback and he can call the offense from the line if it the coaches.

He looks scared back there and he needs to find his confidence.  The wrong routes, the drops, and the protection are surely a part of building that confidence.

The kickers missing points is probably part with "even if we do get in position, we aren't going to make it" is probably a thought"

The defense had failed the team as well.

There is more problems than any one thing.

Rodgers play is part of it.

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

I don't think anyone is discrediting him for not being a leader.  However, there is plenty of room for discussion for his level of play.

He has been erratic passing the ball, and the amount of delay of games / timeouts are solely on him.  Even if the Play is late, call your own play.  He knows the playback and he can call the offense from the line if it the coaches.

He looks scared back there and he needs to find his confidence.  The wrong routes, the drops, and the protection are surely a part of building that confidence.

The kickers missing points is probably part with "even if we do get in position, we aren't going to make it" is probably a thought"

The defense had failed the team as well.

There is more problems than any one thing.

Rodgers play is part of it.

he is actually being assailed for not being a leader and/or not showing the specific and right kind of leadership as the cause of the team's problems...

34 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

In a 17 game season, those numbers are journeyman like. Pardon me if I’m not impressed.

He’s a statue, and a delay of game penalty waiting to happen. Not to mention in our 3 losses before yesterday’s debacle, he had the ball in his hands to win each time and failed all 3.

The delay of game stuff alone may have taken 5 points off the board (even aside from Zuerlein's missed kicks).

Before halftime, that last punt shouldn't have been a punt. Breece caught the ball and it was a terrible ref call. No problem if we challenge it, except we'd used up all our TOs in the 1st quarter already. GZ's problems aside, that would've been in clear FG-attempt range from 53-ish. Instead we punted. 13-7 instead of at least a 50-50 shot at 16-7. 

Then of course the 2-point conversion at the end - granted it never should've been needed if GZ hadn't missed a ****ing XP and a mid-40s FG. Again the clock ticking down and instead of burning the final TO - which they should have, in what's effectively 4th & goal from the 3 - they take a 5-yard penalty? That stupidity of not calling TO aside, it never should've come down to that. Snap the ball before the play clock expires ffs.

The offense as a whole moved the ball well enough to - even in a sloppy-ass game like this - to score 31 on a normal team: those 5 points above, plus 4 more in missed should-be-gimme kicks.

Just a disgrace. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Exactly as I predicted, exactly.  HOF mvp aaron rodgers who we sold the entire farm and totally compromised the team for to be the savior comes in and is goign to have an average season just like his last year in green bay and all of a sudden the sunshine squad will be trumpeting how good he is in comparison to the zach wilsons of the world and our end of the year record will stink as bad as we had lousy wilson.

Derrick Carr last year:  3900 yards, 25 tds, 8 ints 68.4% with no loss of draft picks, no endless rodgers drama, no host of awful ex packer hangers on, no nathaniel hackett and no awful static offensive system only rodgers can operate under.

We could have average results with place holder qbs quit easily.

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Geno Smith currently leads the league in passing yards. Baker Mayfield leads the league in TD passes. 

The best way to think about how Rodgers is performing is to look at down to down efficiency. Currently, he’s the 20th best QB in the league. 19th in EPA, 24th in success rate, 29th in CPOE. Look for yourself. 
https://rbsdm.com/stats/stats/

He’s been so erratic at times he doesn’t even resemble the QB from 2 years ago

Once in awhile he’ll drop a dime but there are too many sailed throws

Also he looks mentally shot, as if he’s either not seeing the field well any more or second guessing what he’s seeing 

He’s taking forever to pull the trigger instead of planting and firing 

His body language also sucks pretty much all the time 

Rodgers doesn’t win games for us, which is why he was brought here. He was done two years ago, when no one else even made a trade offer for him. 

He had the game won yesterday until the vaunted defense decided to let a team they smacked around in week 3 March right down the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

He had the game won yesterday until the vaunted defense decided to let a team they smacked around in week 3 March right down the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly. something similar was happening against the steelers when another star from that vaunted draft class had a Rodgers dime bounce off his nipple and wind up on our 1 yard line.

1 hour ago, Vader said:

H/T NYJ Mike for the extrapolation. IIRC this would be like a top 3-5 stat line for a QB in the history of the jets. What other QB years would compare?

Just thought this was an interesting counterpoint to the season vapors.

The media are ALL idiots!

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Rodgers needed to be a great version of himself for this team to be successful and he has instead just been bleh.

I don't think this was the bargain -- iirc the consensus was that if Rodgers was a passable older version of himself that's all we needed bc of our stud D, our stud ST and our stud RB and our stud WR. 

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’s been so erratic at times he doesn’t even resemble the QB from 2 years ago

Once in awhile he’ll drop a dime but there are too many sailed throws

Also he looks mentally shot, as if he’s either not seeing the field well any more or second guessing what he’s seeing 

He’s taking forever to pull the trigger instead of planting and firing 

His body language also sucks pretty much all the time 

He has had like 2.1 seconds in the pocket per drop back. The OL has been a raging failure. Not much better in the run game. IIRC Breece Hall is like top 3 in the NFL at contact in the backfield.

8 minutes ago, Vader said:

they don't count dropped INTs in Tom Brady's stats either 

I understand 

listen, if our kicker was still good, we’d most likely have another 2-3 wins right now, and at worst, be 4-4 and still very much in the hunt. It’s a shame. 

this version of Rodgers with last years defense and special teams probably gets us a wild card, but that’s not the case this year. 

Bottom line: The whole team does just enough to lose and he’s part of that. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I understand 

listen, if our kicker was still good, we’d most likely have another 2-3 wins right now, and at worst, be 4-4 and still very much in the hunt. It’s a shame. 

this version of Rodgers with last years defense and special teams probably gets us a wild card, but that’s not the case this year. 

Bottom line: The whole team does just enough to lose and he’s part of that. 

I'm not arguing that Aaron Rodgers isn't a shade or two below where he has been historically or that there's no rust. I'm arguing that the notion that he isn't doing enough and is "washed" is not accurate. At his level of production which would be as I said top 3 in franchise history, it still isn't enough.

1 minute ago, Vader said:

I'm not arguing that Aaron Rodgers isn't a shade or two below where he has been historically or that there's no rust. I'm arguing that the notion that he isn't doing enough and is "washed" is not accurate. At his level of production which would be as I said top 3 in franchise history, it still isn't enough.

MMMMMMMMMM FARTS

You don't have to sell Rodgers. If not for him they'd be working on extensions for Saleh and Douglas. They're gonna hang his jersey next to Mo Lewis's.

30 minutes ago, Vader said:

I don't think this was the bargain -- iirc the consensus was that if Rodgers was a passable older version of himself that's all we needed bc of our stud D, our stud ST and our stud RB and our stud WR. 

I don't care what the "consensus" was I'm telling you what the reality is

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Geno Smith currently leads the league in passing yards. Baker Mayfield leads the league in TD passes. 

The best way to think about how Rodgers is performing is to look at down to down efficiency. Currently, he’s the 20th best QB in the league. 19th in EPA, 24th in success rate, 29th in CPOE. Look for yourself. 
https://rbsdm.com/stats/stats/

and you rely on this model to adjust comprehensively for context huh

8 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

MMMMMMMMMM FARTS

You don't have to sell Rodgers. If not for him they'd be working on extensions for Saleh and Douglas. They're gonna hang his jersey next to Mo Lewis's.

if not for rodgers they would be working on extensions for JD and Saleh?

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I don't care what the "consensus" was I'm telling you what the reality is

I have no idea what you are talking about. No one said Rodgers needed to be MVP 48 TD / 5 INT Rodgers for the Jets to be successful. The entire point of him coming here was that Saleh already had the "Superbowl Defense" and JD had an all-time draft class of superstars on rookie contracts...

56 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The delay of game stuff alone may have taken 5 points off the board (even aside from Zuerlein's missed kicks).

Before halftime, that last punt shouldn't have been a punt. Breece caught the ball and it was a terrible ref call. No problem if we challenge it, except we'd used up all our TOs in the 1st quarter already. GZ's problems aside, that would've been in clear FG-attempt range from 53-ish. Instead we punted. 13-7 instead of at least a 50-50 shot at 16-7. 

Then of course the 2-point conversion at the end - granted it never should've been needed if GZ hadn't missed a ****ing XP and a mid-40s FG. Again the clock ticking down and instead of burning the final TO - which they should have, in what's effectively 4th & goal from the 3 - they take a 5-yard penalty? That stupidity of not calling TO aside, it never should've come down to that. Snap the ball before the play clock expires ffs.

The offense as a whole moved the ball well enough to - even in a sloppy-ass game like this - to score 31 on a normal team: those 5 points above, plus 4 more in missed should-be-gimme kicks.

Just a disgrace. 

Agree a lot with that. Football is football, it is never a clean cut, it's usually sloppy. At the end of the day Aaron Rodgers put the team in a position to win on a game ending 4th qtr comeback TD drive. Rodgers doesn't play CB.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Exactly as I predicted, exactly.  HOF mvp aaron rodgers who we sold the entire farm and totally compromised the team for to be the savior comes in and is goign to have an average season just like his last year in green bay and all of a sudden the sunshine squad will be trumpeting how good he is in comparison to the zach wilsons of the world and our end of the year record will stink as bad as we had lousy wilson.

Derrick Carr last year:  3900 yards, 25 tds, 8 ints 68.4% with no loss of draft picks, no endless rodgers drama, no host of awful ex packer hangers on, no nathaniel hackett and no awful static offensive system only rodgers can operate under.

Prior to last season, Rodgers hadn’t missed a start in five years. He wasn’t exactly a known injury risk. People signed on for 2023 Rodgers to be better than 2022 broken thumb Rodgers. No one signed up for an Achilles injury four plays into season one, then sending a couple picks to Green Bay for post-achilles-surgery Rodgers. 

I don’t recall you predicting that injury, but good for you. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

IMO Zuerlein has cost us 3 games. Bills, Patsies and Broncos. That would have us at 5-3. Rodgers has been playing great. He's NOT the problem. 

he is playing decent, not great, problem is we needed him to be the same great qb he was in order for this sh*t organization to win. zuerlein has cost the team 3 wins...like legit cost us 3 wins. well ok i'll give him 80% blame. the rest goes on the coaches for doing p*ssy ass sh*t like kicking a field goal at 4th and 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

we sold the farm and totally compromised the team for rodgers? you are more dramatic than my ex-wife on her period

Just now, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Most of the board had the bar set at playoffs. They’re on pace for that easy with Taylor starting.

wtf are you watching? you think that the reason this team is 2-6 and Saleh was fired and JD will be is because of Aaron Rodgers? I get it with the delay of game gripes and he's rusty but that is upside down world 

54 minutes ago, Vader said:

He has had like 2.1 seconds in the pocket per drop back. The OL has been a raging failure. Not much better in the run game. IIRC Breece Hall is like top 3 in the NFL at contact in the backfield.

I’m seeing plenty of times where the pocket is clean

He’s pumping once and twice, dancing around as if he thinks he’s Michael Vick, etc. but he can’t move any more so he ends up taking a beating 

4000+ yards, ~30 TDs and ~15 ints isn't "part of the problem." Any way you spin it. And that's with the drops from his Wrs factored in. 

You aren’t getting rational discussion this week.

Everyone is still raw and mad and angry and sad.

Last year if you said our QB got us 20+ TDS, and less than 12 ints and 4k yards Every single member would be begging for it.

Rodgers has been what everyone thought we needed a slightly above average qb. Problem is the rest of the team has regressed so now they are blaming him

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’m seeing plenty of times where the pocket is clean

He’s pumping once and twice, dancing around as if he thinks he’s Michael Vick, etc. but he can’t move any more so he ends up taking a beating 

I've seen that too. I don't think he trusts Garrett Wilson tbh.