StillerPaul

Mike Vick, Bad-ass Thug or Misunderstood City Kid  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Mike Vick, Bad-ass Thug or Misunderstood City Kid

• Bad-ass thug
    • Misunderstood City kid

people need to get a grip

there is not enough evidence to link Vick to the dogfights

not only will he play this year, he won't get charged legally either.

the media convicted this player on TV, they have shady people with their voices filtered "testifying" on TV - meanwhile mark my words there is not enough evidence for any DA to bring charges.

and pictures like this prove that he loves puppies... lol

mike%20vick%20021%20copy.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does a VT undergrad walk around with big bucks? The "player" claims Vick in his last year at VT was betting $40K on dogfights. No real explanation to that( and if that is true, that as NFL commissioner might give me a whole bunch more to consider beyond doghfights). Is this "witness" telling ESPN things it expects to hear, or worse, pays to hear?As you recall in the Duke lacrosse case, people were willing to hang them and telling all kinds of awful stories, until it was clear that it was all crap. Beware the medie feeding frenzy.

If Vick was so involved, by all means, ban him or lock him up. But before you string him up, literally or just career-wise, have the facts.

the media convicted this player on TV, they have shady people with their voices filtered "testifying" on TV - meanwhile mark my words there is not enough evidence for any DA to bring charges.

IF "there is not enough evidence" to link Vicks to the dogfights.

You have exactly zero ways of knowing how much evidence there is or is not since most if not all of those investigations are still ongoing. Is the prosecutore a relative of yours? Do they call you up for a quick consultation there Bitotnti?

IF "there is not enough evidence" to link Vicks to the dogfights.

You have exactly zero ways of knowing how much evidence there is or is not since most if not all of those investigations are still ongoing. Is the prosecutore a relative of yours? Do they call you up for a quick consultation there Bitotnti?

I think what he's ayin is that the news released to the public is such that we, joepublic do not have enough info to convict him in a thread like this

let me put this another way

if the NFL takes action it will be similar to the Paul Hornung investigation for gambling in the 60s - they make their own investigation and find their own conclusions.

so there is a chance he misses a few games, but it would the NFL holding their players to a higher set of standards than the US Justice System - which as the NFL is a private company is their right to do, within the framework of the CBA.

but as far as Vick actually doing time in jail, there just isn't that kind of evidence, if there were he would have been arrested by now. People are convicting this player through what they hear on TV reports, but those can't be trusted either.

Remember the day it came out, it was a dogfighting AND ****fighting ring. Untrue. Then the dogs were supposedly malnourished and wounded, that turned out to be untrue. People (AJC and NFL included probably) want to close the issue, call him guilty and be done with it - while that might occur, within the frame work of due process, mark my words, Vick will remain a free man.

he owns a house where there were 70+ dogs, many injured and bleeding, a blood-soaked dog fighting ring with tools of the trade including "pry bars" (used to pry fighting dogs apart) lying around on his property. ya, it'll be tough to pin this one him, where's sherlock holmes when you need him? :roll:

again those were original tv reports - as time goes on, turns out it wasn't "blood soaked" there was one wall with blood droplets, almost all of the dogs were in peak physical condition, some had scars but they were old scars, not a sign of anything current.

this is what happens when people use the media to implement justice, it becomes a lynch mob. Look i am pretty sure Mike Vick is a scumbag just like everyone else thinks but the fact remains this is America and you can't lock a guy up without evidence. We are all hearing about the shady character on ESPN or this and that but what everyone seems to be missing is the lack of concrete evidence linking Vick to the dogfights.

I think everyone would agree that if there is not enough evidence, then he should walk, but with everything that continues to pour out on this controversy, I'm inclined to believe he had some level of involvement. Bit makes a great point with the Duke case, but this is different than that. The Duke case was basically a DA trying to gain re-election, whereas the folks bringing this to light usually do not do so without fairly strong back-up. Bit's comment also sounds like an all or nothing scenario to me, and I disagree with that theology altogether. If he is proven to have the slightest involvement, he needs to suffer the consequences. There is much more to it than he did or did not do it IMO. Congress is involved for a reason...just like the steroids issue. Many feel they were and are out-of-bounds with their investigations, but regardless, they have turned several stones. Congress would not have stuck their noses in this without their privy to some dirt. What exactly should we be gripping?

How does a VT undergrad walk around with big bucks? The "player" claims Vick in his last year at VT was betting $40K on dogfights. No real explanation to that( and if that is true, that as NFL commissioner might give me a whole bunch more to consider beyond doghfights). Is this "witness" telling ESPN things it expects to hear, or worse, pays to hear?As you recall in the Duke lacrosse case, people were willing to hang them and telling all kinds of awful stories, until it was clear that it was all crap. Beware the medie feeding frenzy.

If Vick was so involved, by all means, ban him or lock him up. But before you string him up, literally or just career-wise, have the facts.

cash in undergrad,,easy!!!!

banks will easily give you loans based on future pro sports earnings,,

they want your future business...

I have seen that down here with UNC/NC State/Duke for years.. kids driving Escalades etc,, its not illegal either,,

again those were original tv reports - as time goes on, turns out it wasn't "blood soaked" there was one wall with blood droplets, almost all of the dogs were in peak physical condition, some had scars but they were old scars, not a sign of anything current.

this is what happens when people use the media to implement justice, it becomes a lynch mob. Look i am pretty sure Mike Vick is a scumbag just like everyone else thinks but the fact remains this is America and you can't lock a guy up without evidence. We are all hearing about the shady character on ESPN or this and that but what everyone seems to be missing is the lack of concrete evidence linking Vick to the dogfights.

the evidence that i have seen now says he did it. i can draw that conclusion based on what i've heard. of course he's not guilty until a court says so but intelligent adults are allowed to say "i think he did it based upon what i've seen so far." that's all i'm saying. in my mind there is a 90% chance he did it. constantly squaking "innocent until proven guilty!" ad infinitim is a mere truism. i wouldn't let mike vick walk my dog or date my daughter based on what i know now. and for the record, i said early an often the duke lacrosse was a railroad job. we're allowed to predict if he's guilty or not, i predict he is, that doesn't make me some rebel against the rule of law. conversely, respecting the judicial system doesn't mean sitting around without comment until a court makes it decision. we can discuss this and i say i think he did it. vbookie anyone?

there's not going to be a court decision, this isn't even going to court.

like i said the NFL could step in and issue their own brand of punishment but the district attorney's office probably won't... they might turn the screws on Vick's cousin but that's not really the same thing, now is it.

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=125614&ran=72824

Authorities plan to search for as many as 30 carcasses of dogs they believe were used in fighting on property in Surry County owned by NFL quarterback Michael Vick, according to a new search warrant filed Friday.

The warrant says seven of the pit bulls were destroyed and buried in shallow graves on or about April 23, according to a sheriff

like i said the NFL could step in and issue their own brand of punishment but the district attorney's office probably won't... they might turn the screws on Vick's cousin but that's not really the same thing, now is it.

How do you know what evidence there is, other than what we all have seen on TV? The DA does not have to tell anyone what evidence they do or do not have at this juncture, so how would you know? Do you have access to a source that the rest of us do not, or are you stating your opinion? You present your argument as though it is based on facts and the rest of us are speculating???

I would bet Vick goes to both civil and criminal court at some capacity, especially if PETA is involved...

Vick is a horrible human being and he should not only be kicked out of the league, but he should be jailed and fined by both the state and the NFL. A report on ESPN states that he bet sometimes $40-30,000 on the death of dogs. I would not call myself an animal activist, but this is disgusting. I cringe when they show the clips of the dog fights and I cannot understand how there could be any enjoyment in the activity. Vick is on my team in my dynasty league, but i would lose faith in the punishment policies of the league if he was allowed to keep playing.

so we can't pass a "judgment" on john wilkes booth, hitler or seung-hui cho (va tech massacre) because there was never a court decision convicting them?

this is a message board for opinions, my opinion is MIKE VICK IS A DOG FIGHTING THUG TURD.

so we can't pass a "judgment" on john wilkes booth, hitler or seung-hui cho (va tech massacre) because there was never a court decision convicting them?

this is a message board for opinions, my opinion is MIKE VICK IS A DOG FIGHTING THUG TURD.

He is just saying that Vick will play... I dont think he necessarily thinks Vick is innocent...

He is just saying that Vick will play... I dont think he necessarily thinks Vick is innocent...

he's chiding us for daring to voice the opinion that ronnie mex did this.

duh he got all that money from shaving points! ;)

he's chiding us for daring to voice the opinion that ronnie mex did this.

no charges, no suspension, that's my humble prediction (not a statement of fact, I could be wrong)

oh and for the record there's no doubt he did it, that's not really the issue. the issue is two fold, where's the proof and "who cares?" (note the quotes this is contra case aka devils advocate)

my point? let's be real he's mike vick. it's easy and convenient for Goddell and co to lower the boom on Pot Man Jones and Tank Johnson but Mike Vick is a short listed superstar. The idea of Mike Vick being cruel to dogs is a nebulous thing.

if the NFL does take action it will be because of their own internal investigations, and I'm not sure they are prepared for what will come of that. If they looked close enough, someone probably knew he was a dog fighter from day 1 they are gonna suspend him now? Who will rat Vick out?

People act all indignant about the dog fights because it's a moral issue - ok let's talk morality? Is the NFL going to say we were wrong to build the fortunes of dogfighting Mike Vick? Are they gonna suspend all the HGH'ing superstars because it's the right thing to do? Are they going to leave Arthur Blank without a QB and essentially punish an entire franchise for X games because of hearsay? off the record eye witness accounts?

I find the whole thing hard to believe. Guilt is not what I'm talking about. OJ Simpson may have been guilty but he didn't go to jail for double murder in California. I can't believe the commonwealth of Virginia will harass Mr. Vick personally. His cousin, probably I can see that. But even that is sketchy at best - you can't prove someone's a dog fighter because they have a house full of dogs. They need a witness, they have none. They have little physical evidence.

It's a media maelstrom and if you ask me dogfighting and whale rescuing are far easier issue to talk about than real humans dying all over the world, every day.

And i guess i can't call The Juice a murderer either, but i can call him a wrongful death-erer or something like that? Whatev, OJ ripped the head off his wife and the poolboy that was tapping her, and Ron Mexico is an illegal sports gambler who gets enjoyment from feeding puppies to savage animals in my court of public opinion. And if anyone thinks court of opinion doesn't mean as much as any legal court as far as the NFL brass are concerned, you are a fool!

And i guess i can't call The Juice a murderer either, but i can call him a wrongful death-erer or something like that? Whatev, OJ ripped the head off his wife and the poolboy that was tapping her, and Ron Mexico is an illegal sports gambler who gets enjoyment from feeding puppies to savage animals in my court of public opinion. And if anyone thinks court of opinion doesn't mean as much as any legal court as far as the NFL brass are concerned, you are a fool!

I pity the fool!

sucka.gif

bingo. $$$$ talks.

And if anyone thinks court of opinion doesn't mean as much as any legal court as far as the NFL brass are concerned, you are a fool!

money is worth more than values to the NFL, are they going to make the Falcons start Joey Harrington because of the court of public opinion? :character0282:

the falcons have 3 prime time games, are they going to be unwatchable because Vick is suspended?

im not talking about what's right or wrong I'm talking about what's real. if Roger Goddell punishes Vick, even internally it will have to be proven. Arthur Blank is 1/32 his boss.

You brought up OJ Simpson, he was a great running back and a horrible person, the NFL is full of OJ Simpson's, Mike Vick's it always has been and it always will be. Only the strong survive to make it to the NFL, and if the league offices can start suspending people on the virtue of public opinion and internal investigations, there's gonna be a-lot of unhappy owners.

bit--

re-read all your posts and it seems we agree. you weren't condemning any "rush to judgment" you're just a cynic who thinks he'll escape any real punishment, even if he did do it (and i think he certainly did something) and a year ago i might have agreed but godell has set on helluva precedent here that he has to follow or be labeled a hypocrite for selective enforcement and it could get ugly with nfl discipline for awhile until and when the owners rein him in.

money is worth more than values to the NFL, are they going to make the Falcons start Joey Harrington because of the court of public opinion? :character0282:

the falcons have 3 prime time games, are they going to be unwatchable because Vick is suspended?

im not talking about what's right or wrong I'm talking about what's real. if Roger Goddell punishes Vick, even internally it will have to be proven. Arthur Blank is 1/32 his boss.

You brought up OJ Simpson, he was a great running back and a horrible person, the NFL is full of OJ Simpson's, Mike Vick's it always has been and it always will be. Only the strong survive to make it to the NFL, and if the league offices can start suspending people on the virtue of public opinion and internal investigations, there's gonna be a-lot of unhappy owners.

Interesting take, bit. And when you say:

oh and for the record there's no doubt he did it, that's not really the issue. the issue is twofold, where's the proof and "who cares?"

it is not unlike Portis' remarks in not so many words.

Vick evidence could prompt July grand jury

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 05/29/07

Authorities investigating felony dogfighting at a Surry County, Virginia property owned by Falcons quarterback Michael Vick could have enough evidence to present to a specially called grand jury before a scheduled July session, Commonwealth Attorney Gerald Poindexter told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Tuesday.

That evidence includes possible testimony from two people who have contacted authorities — one out of state — claiming they have information to assist the investigation. Poindexter was in a jurisdiction outside of Surry County Tuesday doing due diligence on the background of one of the people who has contacted him about the investigation. Investigators also plan to make a similar trip soon concerning the out-of-state contact.

RELATED STORIES

"The investigation is proceeding," Poindexter said.

Vick, a licensed dog breeder in Virginia, has not been charged. In his one public statement on the investigation, Vick has denied any involvement in illegal dogfighting, a felony punishable by up to five years in prison. In April, he blamed family members who lived at the property for the situation. Vick has since refused comment on the advice of his attorney Lawrence Woodward, has not returned repeated phone calls.

Poindexter continued to caution that up to 10 people had access to Vick's 15-acre property and that the investigation could be focused on more than one person. Poindexter would not identify Vick as one of those people.

Poindexter said that initial searches of the property in April show that dogfighting likely occurred at the property. Authorities seized 66 dogs and other objects, such as treadmills, medicines and other equipment believed to be related to dogfighting. Three envelopes addressed to "M. Vick" were seized. A room inside the house had blood-spattered walls, which investigators believe is a fighting pit. Poindexter said last week that charges were likely to be filed but would not indicate against whom.

Poindexter and Surry County Sheriff Harold Brown did not execute a search warrant requested and authorized last week by a deputy sheriff, who wrote in the warrant that the U.S. Department of Agriculture wanted another search of the property to look for dog carcasses and other forensic evidence.

After recieving information from an informant, investigators wanted to look under floors of the fighting pit and dig under and disassemble some structures on the property for dead dogs and blood evidence, Poindexter said. The USDA, the federal agency involved in the investigation, is assisting in the forensic part of the investigation, Poindexter said. NFL security has also contacted Poindexter to offer its assistance.

The search warrant, obtained by Virginia news outlets but denied to the AJC upon repeated phone requests, stated authorities also wanted to search for "any utensils or weapons utilized in the killing of any animals to include ropes, guns/rifles, spent shotgun shells, spent bullet cartridges, or shovels and all evidence contributing to dog fighting and animal cruelty."

Poindexter said some language in the warrant prompted enough concerns for it not to be executed. However, the request has a "10 to 15 day" life where the denial could be lifted and investigators could execute the search.

"We'll go in if we have to," Poindexter said.

When asked if he felt they had enough evidence to press charges without searching the property again, Poindexter said, "I'm not going to comment on that."

wow..this guy is screwed.....

I don't see anything in the article that directly indicts m vick. I do hope they get to the bottom of this & punish those at fault accordingly.

the article is refreshing in that poindexter is keeping his mouth shut unlike the da in the duke case who tried to build his own case thru the media.

it seems the less they say, the more they know & I hope thats the case here

I don't see anything in the article that directly indicts m vick. I do hope they get to the bottom of this & punish those at fault accordingly.

the article is refreshing in that poindexter is keeping his mouth shut unlike the da in the duke case who tried to build his own case thru the media.

it seems the less they say, the more they know & I hope thats the case here

why are you so skeptical that he did this? professional athletes do a lot worse all the time. i don't believe for a minute he owned the house but didn't know what happened there. he's a licensed dog breeder. was his scapegoat cousin running his dog breeding business too? give me a break, he raises dogs breeds that are known for fighting, he's got a bloodsoaked fighting pit next to the kennel on his property, witnesses are coming forward... man, i can understand some caution but you've got your head in the sand on this one JW.

Archived