Mike Vick, Bad-ass Thug or Misunderstood City Kid  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Mike Vick, Bad-ass Thug or Misunderstood City Kid

• Bad-ass thug
    • Misunderstood City kid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Yahoo's Jason Cole, Michael Vick will be suspended by the NFL following his indictment on charges related to dog fighting.

Sources say Roger Goodell has monitored Vick's situation since the two met face-to-face in April and Vick told the commissioner that he rarely visited his property in Surry County, Virginia. The president of the US Humane Society is urging Goodell to take immediate action. The question now will be whether the league considers waiting for a guilty verdict to hand down discipline.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl....aspx?sport=NFL

GAMBLING ANGLE COULD PROVIDE GOODELL WITH AMMO TO SUSPEND

At a time when some segments of the "real" media are focused on whether Commissioner Roger Goodell may suspend Falcons quarterback Mike Vick based merely on an indictment related to dog fighting, there could be a separate NFL policy that provides Goodell with an avenue to take action.

The league's gambling policy prohibits "[a]ssociating with gamblers or with gambling activities in a manner tending to bring discredit to the NFL." Vick is charged with conspiracy to utilize interstate commerce with intent to promote, manage, etc. a business enterprise involving gambling. Indeed, the indictment contains multiple references to gambling arising from the dog fights in which Vick was involved.

Under the league's gambling policy, a violation may result in "severe penalties," up to and including a suspension from the NFL for life.

So if Goodell wants to take swift and firm action against Vick, he is not required to wait for the pending charges to be resolved. He can conduct his own investigation into the situation, and he can choose to suspend Vick under the gambling policy, if Goodell deems it appropriate to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also know as "Ookie"? I thought his AKA was Ron Mexico?

And if you take out the first O and put in an H you get Hokie. Just like Virigina Tech.

I was listening to the radio coming in this morning and it really doesn't look good for Vick.

1) Three people have already come forward against Vick with more apparently to come.

2) 95% of all Federal Indictments come back with convictions

3) The stuff you are hearing about his treatment of the dogs borders on insane.

Vick is basically screwed. Unless he gets an O.J. lawyer he is looking at some serious hard time and the end of his NFL career.

And if you take out the first O and put in an H you get Hokie. Just like Virigina Tech.

I was listening to the radio coming in this morning and it really doesn't look good for Vick.

1) Three people have already come forward against Vick with more apparently to come.

Vick is basically screwed. Unless he gets an O.J. lawyer he is looking at some serious hard time and the end of his NFL career.

Alas...how unfortunate for the lad. Hopefully when he's in the sh!tcan he will run into a bunch of fellows that are missing their bowser dogs back home. I'm sure they can find materials to construct their own rape stand so Ookie can take it in the dookie.

Will he? No.

Should he be? Absolutely.

Vick is gone for at least 8 games on this. If Pacman can get suspended without a guilty verdict, so will Vick. The indictment alone is enough, and there is precedent for him getting sidelined.

If Vick is guilty of what he is charged of, he's an animal. I hope they lock him up beyond his playing days, so we can all forget his sorry ass.

Vick's trial, if it gets that far, will be for next year. Goodell's strict policy is to punish REPEAT offenders of crimes, not athletes who have a clean sheet. Due to that fact he is able to let due process take its course.

Since the trial is next year, any punishments would be for next year. If he either is found guilty or takes a plea, there will be significant suspensions, I would say in the 8 game range.

Too bad all he could possibly get is 6 years. He should be doing a life sentence for this. What a POS. I will prolly never watch another game Vick is QB'ing no matter what the team he is on or playing. Animals don't treat other animals like this.

I think he's definitiely going to get suspended. He's been indicted on conspiracy charges which include setting up a gambling ring. Gambling is clearly forbidden in the the Personal Conduct Policy, he lied to Goodell's face earlier this year by telling him he was innocent, and its not really his first offense at damaging his credibility in this league, he did have the whole weed aquafina bottle thing.

Vick has a clean sheet? I don't think so. He's had a few run-ins. This is one of the reasons I don't think Goodell should have hit Pacman so hard, so fast before he was even indicted on the strip club deal. The Commissioner has painted himself into a corner. I think he pretty much has to suspend Vick at this point. Goodell can't hide behind "we're going to let the justice system play out before we make a ruling" because he already didn't. Now he's going to have to suspend a cover boy or look like there are two sets of rules.

FWIW, Pacman is a better football player than Michael Vick.

Vick has a clean sheet? I don't think so. He's had a few run-ins. This is one of the reasons I don't think Goodell should have hit Pacman so hard, so fast before he was even indicted on the strip club deal. The Commissioner has painted himself into a corner. I think he pretty much has to suspend Vick at this point. Goodell can't hide behind "we're going to let the justice system play out before we make a ruling" because he already didn't. Now he's going to have to suspend a cover boy or look like there are two sets of rules.

FWIW, Pacman is a better football player than Michael Vick.

he didn't paint himself into a corner, he initiated his policy. you really think goodell didn't consider that eventually a "superstar" would get into similar trouble when he was determining pacman's punishment? he'd have to been the most short-sighted incompetent on the planet not to and given that he's the commissioner of the country's most valuable sports league, i doubt he's a moron.

he didn't paint himself into a corner, he initiated his policy. you really think goodell didn't consider that eventually a "superstar" would get into similar trouble when he was determining pacman's punishment? he'd have to been the most short-sighted incompetent on the planet not to and given that he's the commissioner of the country's most valuable sports league, i doubt he's a moron.

Why'd I know you'd try to pick a fight with me on this one. ;) It's true that Goodell may have simply implemented his policy with Pacman. If he suspends Vick. If he doesn't I'd say it's a double standard. Goodell may well have thought this through, but if you don't think shortsighted morons have had positions of power in sports leagues you have a short memory. I'm not convinced one way or the other at this point.

You know what they say counselor, tough cases make bad laws. This isn't even a tough case. Vick is a multiple offender who is under indictment for felony charges and it's even worse if gambling is involved.

This is not a matter of stardom or popularity, it is two fold. In looking at the Chris Henry and Pacman Jones, their suspensions were based on conduct that is perceived as being detrimental to the league. The conduct in those two matters is apparently not at issue in the eyes of the commissioner. Vick, in this instance asserts a lack of knowledge about what is going on at property he owns (while I think that is nonsense and if true he should be suspended for unacceptable ignorance) the question in this case maybe is that his improper conduct has not been established at this point which may require the commissioner to wait and let the judicial process play out

The consitency issue is this, the commissioner has suspended an employee for one year who while having many run-ins with the law has not been indicted (I believe) and another employee for eight games (Tank Johnson) who has actually served his time in jail and therefore has paid his debt to society. What do you do in this context, Vick is concievably between Pacman and Tank Johnson, so how do you calculate the street time... 10 games maybe and if it is ten games, that would effectively be a season long suspension because I do not think the falcons would bring him back for the last six. But the issues here is one of conduct and then consistency.

While he should get some time the issues here are not so cut and dry...

Why'd I know you'd try to pick a fight with me on this one. ;) It's true that Goodell may have simply implemented his policy with Pacman. If he suspends Vick. If he doesn't I'd say it's a double standard. Goodell may well have thought this through, but if you don't think shortsighted morons have had positions of power in sports leagues you have a short memory. I'm not convinced one way or the other at this point.

You know what they say counselor, tough cases make bad laws. This isn't even a tough case. Vick is a multiple offender who is under indictment for felony charges and it's even worse if gambling is involved.

if he doesn't suspend vick he loses all credibility. this is an easy choice for him. if he fails to see that, then i'll agree that he is a short-sighted moron. one would certainly hope that when he was coming up with pacman's punishment either he or one of his assistants asked, "would you be willing to follow the precedent you set in this case if peyton manning or LT has similar violations?"

if he doesn't suspend vick he loses all credibility. this is an easy choice for him. if he fails to see that, then i'll agree that he is a short-sighted moron. one would certainly hope that when he was coming up with pacman's punishment either he or one of his assistants asked, "would you be willing to follow the precedent you set in this case if peyton manning or LT has similar violations?"

i would pay to see peyton manning shoot a guy, walk into a strip club with 50k in cash, and drive an unlicensed lamborgeini.

:rl:

but i do see your point.

What's sort of lost on this whole thing is that Vick F'in sucks.

I wonder if any of this can be shown to violate the boiler plate morals language which is included in many NFL contracts? If so, then maybe the owner gets financial relief from the impact of his 100 million doller brain fart made a few years ago.

Maybe dare I say it.... the possibility of seeking the return of some signing bonus money from Vick?

I wonder if any of this can be shown to violate the boiler plate morals language which is included in many NFL contracts? If so, then maybe the owner gets financial relief from the impact of his 100 million doller brain fart made a few years ago.

Maybe dare I say it.... the possibility of seeking the return of some signing bonus money from Vick?

If Blank could have written the contract like that but didn't he is an idiot.

wow, doesn't look good at all. I remember early reports saying they will have difficulty in finding anyone to come forward against vick. 3 and counting should help seal his fate.

someone mentioned that his parents should be proud........heres the problem. vick was raised thinkin dogfighting is ok.

my best guess is dad is a lowlifewith athletic x's swimming upstream. both kids are as idiotic as they are talented.

any coach will tell ya....you can't teach lowlife

I will just give a link and a warning that this is not for the weak stomach...

http://www.usanimalprotection.org/gypsy100.jpg

Pictures are worth a 1000 words... but this picture brings one word to mind YES

potw nom. anyone who engages in this is a p.o.s. and deserves to have his multimillion dollar lifestyle yanked out from under him. bastard.

Insane is right. It would be bad enough if he were fighting dogs and "humanely" putting some down. This ****ing guy was hanging, smashing, and electrocuting them. It really is borderline insanity and it makes me sick.

I hope his name is on the "banned jersey names" list very soon.

Archived