ALL Mike Vick News (Merged 39X)

StillerPaul

Mike Vick, Bad-ass Thug or Misunderstood City Kid  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Mike Vick, Bad-ass Thug or Misunderstood City Kid

• Bad-ass thug
    • Misunderstood City kid

why are you so skeptical that he did this? professional athletes do a lot worse all the time. i don't believe for a minute he owned the house but didn't know what happened there. he's a licensed dog breeder. was his scapegoat cousin running his dog breeding business too? give me a break, he raises dogs breeds that are known for fighting, he's got a bloodsoaked fighting pit next to the kennel on his property, witnesses are coming forward... man, i can understand some caution but you've got your head in the sand on this one JW.

what can i say I live on the beach johnny.

the only info I have is what i've read on this board. i'm basing my statement purely on the above article and it's the 1st i've read that he's a dog breeder & yes that sure helps to point a finger. I am by no means saying he's innocent & my gut tells me he's very involved but as far as the above article, I just didn't read many implications of guilt, thats all

do I hope he did it? no. do I think he's a stand up guy? no. I am worried that his money & fame will work towards getting him off scott free? yes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow..this guy is screwed.....

Lets find out if Vick is as fast as he thinks he is .Lets throw him in a 50 ft. X 30 ft. pen with a fence 20 ft. high & dip his nuts in alpo & throw in 3 pit bulls & if he can out run them for 20 mins. he can go free if not an early lunch for the doggies!!

Lets find out if Vick is as fast as he thinks he is .Lets throw him in a 50 ft. X 30 ft. pen with a fence 20 ft. high & dip his nuts in alpo & throw in 3 pit bulls & if he can out run them for 20 mins. he can go free if not an early lunch for the doggies!!

=D> =D> =D> yeah, i'm a firm believer of punishment fitting the crime, if he's guilty( that was for you johnny)

if OJ simpson can tear two people to shreds and walk, if Ray Lewis can be a murderer, vick won't see day 1 of jail time for being a dogfighter. JMO rich talented athletes don't go to jail, not while they are still talented and rich.

why are you so skeptical that he did this? professional athletes do a lot worse all the time. i don't believe for a minute he owned the house but didn't know what happened there. he's a licensed dog breeder. was his scapegoat cousin running his dog breeding business too? give me a break, he raises dogs breeds that are known for fighting, he's got a bloodsoaked fighting pit next to the kennel on his property, witnesses are coming forward... man, i can understand some caution but you've got your head in the sand on this one JW.

Yeah, and let's not forget the reason all this dog fighting stuff was found out, it was because a DRUG warrant was issued and exercised for the property and people involved with it. What is up with THAT???

I think the prosecutor is trying to make sure that there are no loopholes before he presses charges against Vick. He needs to make sure the evidence is ironclad. If he goes in with even minor circumstantial evidence he risks losing the case. He knows he has a high profile athlete involved so he's going to do his best to win this case. At least I hope so because there isn't a doubt in mind that Vick was involved. As an animal lover, this whole situation disgusts me and I hope all involved pay dearly for what they've done. I just don't want to see the prosecutor screw this one up like so many other high profile cases.

The prosecutor is fishing here. I think he has enough evidence to make a decent case, but he is trying to see if a guilty party will snitch or f'up. This is very common; "we have all the evidence we need to fry this turkey," then someone who realizes that lengthy jail time is imminent for them will come forward to snitch, or they will screw up while trying to cover tracks in a scurry prior to trial. That is the reason July is listed as a potential date. July in this instance is the lure, as there is no way in hell this guy would want to go to court that fast, especially being that Vick is involved. If you are going to bring a case before a grand jury when such a prominent celebratory figure is involved, you make sure your ducks are aligned...

The prosecutor is fishing here. I think he has enough evidence to make a decent case, but he is trying to see if a guilty party will snitch or f'up. This is very common; "we have all the evidence we need to fry this turkey," then someone who realizes that lengthy jail time is imminent for them will come forward to snitch, or they will screw up while trying to cover tracks in a scurry prior to trial. That is the reason July is listed as a potential date. July in this instance is the lure, as there is no way in hell this guy would want to go to court that fast, especially being that Vick is involved. If you are going to bring a case before a grand jury when such a prominent celebratory figure is involved, you make sure your ducks are aligned...

I think the prosocuter knows what they got will come close to convicting vick & others in volved ,but what would tug at jury`s heat strings more then pictures of 30 dead dogs ,so I believe they said the warrent needed to be reworded before they executed it to make vick and co. think their time was running out and in a few days they`d be digging up his yard for the dogs remains ,so now these guys will go & dig up the dogs to get rid of the evidence ,the cops will be there ,GOTTCHA!!!! & they won`t have to look for the dead dogs & the prosocuter will have his pictures for the jury...GAME ,SET MATCH!!!

money is worth more than values to the NFL, are they going to make the Falcons start Joey Harrington because of the court of public opinion? :character0282:

the falcons have 3 prime time games, are they going to be unwatchable because Vick is suspended?

im not talking about what's right or wrong I'm talking about what's real. if Roger Goddell punishes Vick, even internally it will have to be proven. Arthur Blank is 1/32 his boss.

You brought up OJ Simpson, he was a great running back and a horrible person, the NFL is full of OJ Simpson's, Mike Vick's it always has been and it always will be. Only the strong survive to make it to the NFL, and if the league offices can start suspending people on the virtue of public opinion and internal investigations, there's gonna be a-lot of unhappy owners.

very sad opinion

or they will screw up while trying to cover tracks in a scurry prior to trial.

I think the prosocuter knows what they got will come close to convicting vick & others in volved ,but what would tug at jury`s heat strings more then pictures of 30 dead dogs ,so I believe they said the warrent needed to be reworded before they executed it to make vick and co. think their time was running out and in a few days they`d be digging up his yard for the dogs remains ,so now these guys will go & dig up the dogs to get rid of the evidence ,the cops will be there ,GOTTCHA!!!! & they won`t have to look for the dead dogs & the prosocuter will have his pictures for the jury...GAME ,SET MATCH!!!

I also think there is more to the "we did not like the language" aspect of the warrant, and your scenario could play out exactly as you have described...

POTW NOM

if OJ simpson can tear two people to shreds and walk, if Ray Lewis can be a murderer, vick won't see day 1 of jail time for being a dogfighter. JMO rich talented athletes don't go to jail, not while they are still talented and rich.

what can i say I live on the beach johnny.

the only info I have is what i've read on this board. i'm basing my statement purely on the above article and it's the 1st i've read that he's a dog breeder & yes that sure helps to point a finger. I am by no means saying he's innocent & my gut tells me he's very involved but as far as the above article, I just didn't read many implications of guilt, thats all

do I hope he did it? no. do I think he's a stand up guy? no. I am worried that his money & fame will work towards getting him off scott free? yes

cynicsm i can understand, the rich and famous have been getting away with horrendous crimes since hammurabi first drafted his code of laws. however, while the legal system may consider vick innocent until proven guilty, i've seen enough to already know he's a p.o.s. and i'm not at all surprised at this latest allegation. technically he hasn't been convicted but if vegas took odds on whether he did it, it would be like 1-5 that he did.

OJ never played another game in the NFL after he got indicted.

False parallel here.

cynicsm i can understand, the rich and famous have been getting away with horrendous crimes since hammurabi first drafted his code of laws. however, while the legal system may consider vick innocent until proven guilty, i've seen enough to already know he's a p.o.s. and i'm not at all surprised at this latest allegation. technically he hasn't been convicted but if vegas took odds on whether he did it, it would be like 1-5 that he did.

like the oj trial, no one is arguing with you about whether he did it or not johnny. the SI article 80 posted convinced me there's an 80% or better chance he did it.

the problem now lies in prosecuting the "turd who flips his fans the bird". it ain't gonna be easy.

like the oj trial, no one is arguing with you about whether he did it or not johnny. the SI article 80 posted convinced me there's an 80% or better chance he did it.

the problem now lies in prosecuting the "turd who flips his fans the bird". it ain't gonna be easy.

Michael-Vick-R_0.jpg

Read the SI articel, and a few things jump out-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/05/29/vick0604/index.html

-there's lots of bad incriminating circumstantial evidenc of dogfighting, but no clears witnesses, videos or forensic things that directly connect Vick as a big-time dogfighting enthusiast. I'm prepared to believe he's a jerk and into suhc s disgusting thing. But proving it to a court or NFL commissioner is different, a higher standard.

-the animal control investigator bragged about how she had just bagged or got Michael Vick. What the article doesn't say is that the DA refused to give her a search warrant to dig up dead dogs.While the press and this investigator are engaging in a meida-driven feeding frenzy, the DA is in no rush. Note that while the initial reports indicated the dogs were malnourished, in fact teh dogs found there where all well-fed.

-in America 2007, the DA happens to be a black guy; the animal control investigator with the ego is a white lady. This is a consideration,a nd it likely inures to Vick's benefit. That may be ugly but it's reality.

-the whole idea that a college senior, no matter how helped he may have been by VT boosters was betting thousands on dogfights makes their witness incredible. I'm sure he had use of a car, and a no show job and wads of cash tossed his way. But betting $40K on a single dogfight is ridiculous.

-his cousin who was arrested for drugs is trying to save his own skin, so if that's your witness, he's a drug dealer looking to get a break by giving up an NFL QB doing bad stuff.

I suspect Commisioner Goodell is going to warn him, admonish him, tell him to clean up his act and ditch the posse. He's going to tell the Falcons and their security people to emforce that and keep him informed of infractions. And if Vick doesn't comply with that and soon, then he'll face some NFL wrath. But not yet.

A DA can send an "investigation" to a grand jury, have it hear evidence for months or years and issue a report or findings rather than ask for an indictment. So he could appear to be doing something while the reality is that he's merely s___canning something he doesn't want to touch.

Honestly, as stupid as Portis sounded, I think he was semi-right about the idea that people need to STFU and mind there business, no one on this message board, or on ESPN, or TNT, or SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, or NFL NETWORK, or anyone else other than Vick and the Falcons enough about this to comment. So please people, shut the fu<k up, all you know about this is, some anonymous fat fu<k went on the record on ESPN to say vick did it, and that people just don't like Vick, that's it.

I think the prosecutor is trying to make sure that there are no loopholes before he presses charges against Vick. He needs to make sure the evidence is ironclad. If he goes in with even minor circumstantial evidence he risks losing the case. He knows he has a high profile athlete involved so he's going to do his best to win this case. At least I hope so because there isn't a doubt in mind that Vick was involved. As an animal lover, this whole situation disgusts me and I hope all involved pay dearly for what they've done. I just don't want to see the prosecutor screw this one up like so many other high profile cases.

Bingo...

This prosecutor is not to jump in guns ablazing like the guy did in the Duke Lacrosse case. He is dotting i's and crossing t's and it is probably going to be awhile before anything comes down.

Latest on the radio down here this morning is now there are 7-10 people ready to talk about Vick and the dog fighting.

The NFL is going to have its hands full even with security at the stadium when Vick comes to town. Not only will they be checking for the usual stuff but now you can probably add Milk Bones and Dog collars to the list as well.

Honestly, as stupid as Portis sounded, I think he was semi-right about the idea that people need to STFU and mind there business, no one on this message board, or on ESPN, or TNT, or SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, or NFL NETWORK, or anyone else other than Vick and the Falcons enough about this to comment. So please people, shut the fu<k up, all you know about this is, some anonymous fat fu<k went on the record on ESPN to say vick did it, and that people just don't like Vick, that's it.

Er... No.

Vick is in the public figure. He is just as much fair game as Paris Hilton, Donald Trump, or Rosie O'Donnell. Deal with it. This is a real story and not just something that has been made up out of while cloth. Deal with that too. All the paraphernelia for a major dog fighting operation were found at a house owned by him. In order to escape unscathed he is going to need to survive a potential criminal indictment as well as discipline from the commissioner's office which has a far, far lower standard of proof requirement than "beyond a reasonable doubt".

This is an issue that is fair game for discussion in general because Vick is a celebrity and because the alleged improprieties here are a lot more serous than domestic violence or smoking pot or shoplifting. It is an issue because we are now in the newer more squeaky-clean NFL where a case may be putting the commissioner to the test as much as it is putting a player to the test. All of this is interesting stuff and is absolutely valid for the message boards of a football fan site such as.... Why, such as this one!

Perhaps people telling other people to STFU should consider the soundess of heeding such advice themselves. The thread titles are very clear, if you wish to punish the rest of us who are interested in this subject by witholding your own valuable opinions then you should consider doing that very thing. I am sure we will all feel the poorer for having not been told to STFU.

Let's see if I can help you out here.

YOU feel that there are simply not anough facts that are known at this point to support some of the rhetoric that we are hearing about Michael Vick. YOU feel that the latest revelations are coming from a highly questionable source who is not willing to identify himself publicly and who may well be motivated to lie because he has a confessed involvement in dog fighting of his own. In addition to being an anonymous liar the fellow is also guilty of being overweight (a FAT F*CK).

Move along people, nothing to see here because YOU say so.

Does that about cover it?

I dont like Vick, your right, I think hes the most overrated QB starting in the NFL right now. But that doesnt negate the fact that their was dog-fighting going on in his backyard, which by the way is a federal-crime in every state.

Are you serious with this garbage? By the way, this "anonymous fat fu(k" happens to be an informant who has basically been responsible for the incarceration of several "dog-fighters." In addition, he claims to have as much info on Vick as the rest of the guys he has ratted out that are now behind bars...regardless, this story has done nothing but elevate and incriminate Vick further and you want us to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and keep to our own business? Sorry, but this is not going to end favorable for Vick, regardless of the result...

Are you serious with this garbage? By the way, this "anonymous fat fu(k" happens to be an informant who has basically been responsible for the incarceration of several "dog-fighters." In addition, he claims to have as much info on Vick as the rest of the guys he has ratted out that are now behind bars...regardless, this story has done nothing but elevate and incriminate Vick further and you want us to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and keep to our own business? Sorry, but this is not going to end favorable for Vick, regardless of the result...

is this true ryno? how do ya know there is an informant with a history of nailing these guys? just curious cause thats real interesting

Its cause of this turd element thats running rampant, ,complete thug turd mentality

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-03-28-stop-snitching_x.htm

snitching-rayco.jpg

Its cause of this turd element thats running rampant, ,complete thug turd mentality

snitching-rayco.jpg

sick turds. what they don't understand is that the people they refuse to "snitch" on are the ones decimating their neighborhoods and preventing people from rising up beyond poverty by getting a good education and job. 15 year old kids are seduced by the allure of making a couple hundred bucks a week slinging dope and will drop out of "uncool" high school to do it.

is this true ryno? how do ya know there is an informant with a history of nailing these guys? just curious cause thats real interesting

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884063

This source -- who required anonymity as a condition of our interview -- has helped law enforcement by supplying information on dog fights that has led to dozens of felony arrests.

The two guys that ESPN had on with their faces blacked out and voices changed were supposedly an investigator and his prize informant. This investigator, using this same informant, has been responsible for dozens of felony arrests involving major dog fighting "heavyweights," as they put it. In turn, they went on to say that Vick fits the "heavyweight" mold, and, thus, they expect the same result.

I'm sorry, but my magic 8-ball says that Vick is a guilty SOB...

snitching-rayco.jpg

sick turds. what they don't understand is that the people they refuse to "snitch" on are the ones decimating their neighborhoods and preventing people from rising up beyond poverty by getting a good education and job. 15 year old kids are seduced by the allure of making a couple hundred bucks a week slinging dope and will drop out of "uncool" high school to do it.

Couldn't agree more... it is truly sad that it is uncool to be educated these days... the kids are not entirely to blame though, as public education in America, for the most part, is a disgrace!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884063

The two guys that ESPN had on with their faces blacked out and voices changed were supposedly an investigator and his prize informant. This investigator, using this same informant, has been responsible for dozens of felony arrests involving major dog fighting "heavyweights," as they put it. In turn, they went on to say that Vick fits the "heavyweight" mold, and, thus, they expect the same result.

I'm sorry, but my magic 8-ball says that Vick is a guilty SOB...

thanks ryno, & after reading several articles since yesterday, no 8 ball is needed to slap the guilty tag on him.

can you imagine the amount of $$$$ & aggressive nasty tactics the defense team is now instilling into this case? I'll bet everyone who's ever even thought of goin near that house is on high alert right now to stfu.

I'll be pissed if $$$ & fame get him off the hook.

My gues sis he pleads Nola Contendere or cops to a lesser non Felony plea. Does a fine and community service.

NFL probably puts him counseling with no suspension or at a maximum gives him 4 games off.

yer prolly right about this thing gettin watered down cause it's vick and thats what really sucks.

their dad must be a piece of work eh sj? both kids cannot decifer right from wrong it seems. thuggery comes so natural to both of em.

Archived