Do the Jets draft a TE in round 1?

BoomBoomMancini

Boom Boom,how long have you been following the Jets?

Johnny Mitchell and Kyle Brady ring a bell?I will slit my wrists if the Jets pick a TE with their 1st round pick.

Yep. The last thing the Jets need is a TE. O-Line, RB and Defense are the pressing needs.

Daniel Graham from the Pats is available if you want him as a FA.

Yep. The last thing the Jets need is a TE. O-Line, RB and Defense are the pressing needs.

Daniel Graham from the Pats is available if you want him as a FA.

Defensive Lineman..I want to see them do the exact same thing to the Defensive line this draft that they did to the Offensive line in last years draft,and get a RB.I like Shaun Ellis,I don't know about Dblubber moving to defensive end or playing NT.

The Jets might go after Graham.

Chris Baker would be putting up monster numbers if noodle arm threw him the ball. That is the one thing I still am not a fan of with Schottenheimer. He had Gates in San Diego and I'm not saying Baker is Gates but we do need to get him more involved into the passing game. One or two throws towards him a game just isn't going to cut it.

Chris Baker would be putting up monster numbers if noodle arm threw him the ball. That is the one thing I still am not a fan of with Schottenheimer. He had Gates in San Diego and I'm not saying Baker is Gates but we do need to get him more involved into the passing game. One or two throws towards him a game just isn't going to cut it.

Baker? Are you crazy

He couldn't even stay in bounds against the Browns. His 31 receptions were awesome.

It obviously is. If we had competent mods they could do the legwork on it!

Oh well

His IP is clean.

Besides he has a birthday party coming up and he wants to be here to announce it. No way we would ban anyone under those circumstances.

:Nuts:

Damn that one is gonna leave a mark! :P

we dont need a TE but only first round TE is Greg Olsen from miami

We do need another tight end. Baker is ok but not great and having another tight end would allow us to play two-tight end sets that have been so successful in Indy and New England.

We don't need to draft one in the first round but we can sign an Eric Johnson or Daniel Graham in free agency.

Hard to catch balls that aren't thrown your way.

I can't see blaming Pennington for missing a big target short if he's open. If a guy is getting open short Chad usually will hit them. Baker is not getting so deep that Pennington can't reach him ala' a speed wr. Dumping balls off is a staple of his game. Remember Richie Anderson & Sowell? I don't think it's B. Schottenheimer because Gates caught plenty of balls. Baker is adequate, but another TE couldn't hurt.

We do not use the TE we have as a WR. So why b other drafting a TE? BAKER can do a nice job when called upon to receive and his blocking is excellent!

Baker was considered a receiving threat that needed to work on his blocking coming out. He has been an adequate blocker, but excellent? I haven't seen anything exemplary about his blocking. Seemed to me they used Ryan more as a blocker this year.

I've only posted here once in a while , but Boom Boom are you really a Jets fan? I have my doubts and really think that you are a bannee just out to cause trouble.

Nearly all the threads you start have absolutely ludicrous themes , this one included.

What is about our current batch of TEs that you don't like to post such a question?

Yes I'm calling you out.

I've only posted here once in a while , but Boom Boom are you really a Jets fan? I have my doubts and really think that you are a bannee just out to cause trouble.

Nearly all the threads you start have absolutely ludicrous themes , this one included.

What is about our current batch of TEs that you don't like to post such a question?

Yes I'm calling you out.

he went to get a root canal, don't think he'll be back until later.

Archived