Worst time of the year

Green Jets & Ham

The initial flurry of free agency is behind us

The draft is now behind us

And now, with the two NFL related activities behind us, we have well over a month to kill before the start of training camp ... longer than that till the Pre-Season heats up ... and FOUR MONTHS till a pro football game is played that counts in the standings

Worst time of year to be a fan of pro football

Hey we are Jet fans. We are entitled to some success in other sports.

No you're not.

:D

Jump on the Cubbie bandwagon, lots of room.

And 97 years since the world series win.

Jets/Cubs...

Good thing I don't follow pro basketball closely, Id probably be a Clippers fan or somethin'.

d

And now, with the two NFL related activities behind us, we have well over a month to kill before the start of training camp ... longer than that till the Pre-Season heats up ... and FOUR MONTHS till a pro football game is played that counts in the standings

Exactly right Ham.

This is the deadest period for NFL fans.

The FA Cup Final's on in a couple of weeks.

Which also means the season is over in a couple of weeks. At least I have the Ashes series to look forward to.

As for the NFL, the June 1st cuts should give us something to talk about for a few days next month.

Which also means the season is over in a couple of weeks. At least I have the Ashes series to look forward to.

As for the NFL, the June 1st cuts should give us something to talk about for a few days next month.

The local soccer season kicked off here a few weeks ago. So I might go out and catch a few games.

WOW, can you believe what a disaster this thing is turning into ...

and I thought this team would win 110 Games :roll:

They will start winning consistently when Giambi starts sitting. That guy is BAD news.

It's not so bad for some of us Hambone.....

Between my annual Spring trip to Ocean City MD for Five Furious Fishing Fundays and my newly aquired devotion to the Washington (Hey! We DON'T Suck! Whoo Hoo) Nationals, I've got plenty to do nowadays in the offseason.

Anyway, I'm apparently the new "Super-Pessimist" when it comes to our beloved Jets, so nobody wants to listen to my whining about Jones, Mickens or anyne else at this point anyhow, LOL!

Anyway, I'm apparently the new "Super-Pessimist" when it comes to our beloved Jets, so nobody wants to listen to my whining about Jones, Mickens or anyne else at this point anyhow, LOL!

Yea Fish, just wait until your Jet fan colleagues start telling you to change your name to "PatsFish" or "WarPatriot" or something like that.

All you have to do is stop by your corner drugstore and pick up a pair of those green-colored sunglasses and you'll be right back at home. :wink:

Yea Fish, just wait until your Jet fan colleagues start telling you to change your name to "PatsFish" or "WarPatriot" or something like that.

All you have to do is stop by your corner drugstore and pick up a pair of those green-colored sunglasses and you'll be right back at home. :wink:

No worries. I sure do HOPE I'm worng......but I'll need to see some quality play in pre-season before I'll belive. Call me a doubting Thomas....at least for now.

What's great about the ******, Fish.--Dammit--. What's great about the N*TION is that Max is the optimist and I am the pessimist, so both viewpoints are supported! HAHAA!

And those Nats are a tough squad, man. They just put a hurtin on the Mets.

It's not so bad for some of us Hambone.....

Between my annual Spring trip to Ocean City MD for Five Furious Fishing Fundays and my newly aquired devotion to the Washington (Hey! We DON'T Suck! Whoo Hoo) Nationals, I've got plenty to do nowadays in the offseason.

I say bitch on brotha, bitch on.

I dunno if this is the worst time. After the flurry of June first, there is the deadest period in sports. That month, given two weeks after June first, and two weeks before training camp, there is, literally, nothing to do. Oddly enough, that's when MLB's all star game is. Take that for what you will :wink:

That is friggn' hilarious TS.

Laughing my a$$ off.

=D>=D>=D>

agreed tx, whats funny is I was reading a thread where some poor guy did just that & asked why his post was censored, cause he didn't swear or anything or insult another poster. of course limolady & co chimed in & ......... ..nevermind

agreed tx, whats funny is I was reading a thread where some poor guy did just that & asked why his post was censored, cause he didn't swear or anything or insult another poster. of course limolady & co chimed in & ......... ..nevermind

willy,

I really felt bad for Jet Fumes. All he did was ask an innocent question and he just got slammed with no "real" explanation as to why.

Pretty funny how the Mother Theresa's of the world quickly jump in and provide political propaganda without answering the specific questions that were raised.

Too funny.

Guys, this lull is a chance for us all to reflect that if the Pats win the Superbowl this year they will assume the mantle of greatest dynasty in pro-football history--- winning 3 straight being unprecedented in the superbowl era, and particularly with this level of competition, let alone 4 of 5.

I know you'll all be quietly rooting for the Pats to win it all, so that you can tell your children that you watched the greatest football team of all time....

Guys, this lull is a chance for us all to reflect that if the Pats win the Superbowl this year they will assume the mantle of greatest dynasty in pro-football history--- winning 3 straight being unprecedented in the superbowl era, and particularly with this level of competition, let alone 4 of 5.

RS,

Congrats in over-coming your flu bug.

I know you'll all be quietly rooting for the Pats to win it all, so that you can tell your children that you watched the greatest football team of all time....

Not a chance :lol::lol:

willy,

I really felt bad for Jet Fumes. All he did was ask an innocent question and he just got slammed with no "real" explanation as to why.

Pretty funny how the Mother Theresa's of the world quickly jump in and provide political propaganda without answering the specific questions that were raised.

Too funny.

Fumes is a good guy. I "heard" about that thread. Hopefully nobody took any shots at him, that would not be cool.

Tx, who is Mother Theresa? Do tell...

Fumes is a good guy. I "heard" about that thread. Hopefully nobody took any shots at him, that would not be cool.

Tx, who is Mother Theresa? Do tell...

I'm sure quite a few took shots at him. Y'know, the whole mob mentality. Which is quite sad, really... you shouldn't be slammed for asking a simple question.

By the by, this is a Jets message board... why do Pats fans post here? :lol:

Sorry... I had to do it. :wink:

Guys, this lull is a chance for us all to reflect that if the Pats win the Superbowl this year they will assume the mantle of greatest dynasty in pro-football history--- winning 3 straight being unprecedented in the superbowl era, and particularly with this level of competition, let alone 4 of 5

RS, Lombardi won the last NFL Championship prior to the merger, followed by the first two SB's to make it 3 consecutive titles

Granted the first of the three was not a SB, but that would really be splitting hairs to minimize the accomplishments of the HC who became the standard by which all others are measured

Lombardi also won two prior NFL titles a couple of years earlier, making it 5 in total

Just wanna make sure we never allow time to dull our senses .. that can easily happen as generations pass and the memories of Lombardi fade, IF WE LET IT HAPPEN [-X

Archived