756 *

anskyruben

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good. I can stop hearing about it and start rooting for Arod to break it.

Bonds is a POS.

Colin Cowherd made a good point yesterday on his show...

Another reason to hate Bonds is that the wait for 756 is holding up football discussions.

Love him or hate him, the man can mash. I still wonder how many pitcher that threw to him were roided out too.

True, and he never got caught... in most sports you cheat as much as possible without getting caught to get the upper hand... we see it in the NFL, NBA and most pro sports... so can we really blame him for doing what everyone else was?

In baseball steroids are used to shorten recovery times and it prolongs a career before the body falls apart like what will happen to Barry. Roids would not make a 89 mph pitcher pitch 95, he would be able to pitch longer and with less time recovering. Barry always had a good swing, but Barry's numbers went up at the end because he had such a knowledge of the game and was still able to hit dingers. Henry Aaron is the true champion, he unraveled after 715 after years of consistent high numbers. Hank was able to keep that up for that long without steroids. *

I love the mock outrage over this. They should definitely put an asterick in the record books with Bonds' name. Two spaces above the asterick with Babe Ruth's name that says he played against only white players.

Why are people so outraged over Bonds, yet they never mention Luis Gonzalez or Pudge Rodriguez, a pair of obvious steroid users WHO LED THEIR TEAMS TO CHAMPIONSHIPS? What is worse: a tainted record or a tainted championship? I guess it's the former, and by a ridiculously wide margin.

I was in my room, watching the game, and after he hit the home run, I sat on my bed and clapped. Bravo, Barry.

I love the mock outrage over this. They should definitely put an asterick in the record books with Bonds' name. Two spaces above the asterick with Babe Ruth's name that says he played against only white players.

Why are people so outraged over Bonds, yet they never mention Luis Gonzalez or Pudge Rodriguez, a pair of obvious steroid users. WHO LED THEIR TEAMS TO CHAMPIONSHIPS. What is worse: a tainted record or a tainted championship? I guess it's the former, and by a ridiculously wide margin.

I was in my room, watching the game, and after he hit the home run, I sat on my bed and clapped. Bravo, Barry.

Agree. Barry is a dewbag, but I love him as a hitter.

Oh, and straight class from Hank Aaron, as usual tonight.

Good for Barry. The best thing I heard the other day was a reporter that was saying how a little kid came up to Bonds and told him that if he caught the homerun ball that he would give it to him. Bonds told him he was crazy and if he catches it he should go sell it for all of the money he can get. :)

Why are people so outraged over Bonds, yet they never mention Luis Gonzalez or Pudge Rodriguez, a pair of obvious steroid users WHO LED THEIR TEAMS TO CHAMPIONSHIPS? What is worse: a tainted record or a tainted championship? I guess it's the former, and by a ridiculously wide margin.

Excellent points made.

Bonds was the representation of the steroid era. Its the media's fault for portraying him in that way, but at least this is all over. You know what I love, when people take the unpopular stance not because they truly like it, but they do it for attention and somehow take pleasure and feel more intelligent than others. I guess I just can't like a cheater.

Bonds was the representation of the steroid era. Its the media's fault for portraying him in that way, but at least this is all over. You know what I love, when people take the unpopular stance not because they truly like it, but they do it for attention and somehow take pleasure and feel more intelligent than others. I guess I just can't like a cheater.

WRONG ! Mark McGwire is a representation of the steroid era. That guy made a career out of it. Barry was a 5 tool player before he even started using the juice. McGwire is a total product of horse ball juice.

I love condescending posts.

And people that go along with trends because they have no mind of their own.

WRONG ! Mark McGwire is a representation of the steroid era. That guy made a career out of it. Barry was a 5 tool player before he even started using the juice. McGwire is a total product of horse ball juice.

You're actually wrong as well. Maybe you would care to go back and take a look at how many HR McGwire hit in his rookie season. Granted McGwire wasn't half the player that Bonds is but he was every bit the slugger.

You're actually wrong as well. Maybe you would care to go back and take a look at how many HR McGwire hit in his rookie season. Granted McGwire wasn't half the player that Bonds is but he was every bit the slugger.

He was already roiding during his rookie season. Check the reports about the "bash bros". Believe me, I followed McGwire since he got into the majors. I used to be a big fan of him and Canseco.

He was already roiding during his rookie season. Check the reports about the "bash bros". Believe me, I followed McGwire since he got into the majors. I used to be a big fan of him and Canseco.

I call bull****. No way was he roiding his rookie season.

I love condescending posts.

And people that go along with trends because they have no mind of their own.

so someone can't come up with a stance opposite the one you came up with and still have his/her own mind? I see how it is exactly, the only way someone can have an open mind is if they agree with you.

Maybe some people choose not to like Barry because of the way he treats people and treats teammmates. Maybe they don't like him because of his indignite posture when suggestions are made of his wrong doing.

Maybe some people don't like how steroids have cast a shadow over all players and suspicion of any new streak or number.

Maybe some people yearn for sports when you worried about whether the baseball was juiced, and not the players. Or when opposite field homeruns by shortstops occurred once every five years, rather than once every five innings.

Maybe Bonds just represents everything that is wrong in a sport and becomes the poster boy for feeling duped.

I am not sure if that is "mock outrage" because I don't have the ability to gauge every fans individual temperament. I can just speak for myself and tell you I wish the man had not broken the record in the manner that he had to and cast a pall over the game and a cherished record.

As far as Babe Ruth, the man outhomered entire teams by himself, so I feel comfortable in saying that his measure was one of the all time greats, regardless of who was pitching.

I won't begrudge you your want to cheer the record. Please don't begrudge my want to not recognize it with gusto.

Maybe some people choose not to like Barry because of the way he treats people and treats teammmates. Maybe they don't like him because of his indignite posture when suggestions are made of his wrong doing.

Maybe some people don't like how steroids have cast a shadow over all players and suspicion of any new streak or number.

Maybe some people yearn for sports when you worried about whether the baseball was juiced, and not the players. Or when opposite field homeruns by shortstops occurred once every five years, rather than once every five innings.

Maybe Bonds just represents everything that is wrong in a sport and becomes the poster boy for feeling duped.

I am not sure if that is "mock outrage" because I don't have the ability to gauge every fans individual temperament. I can just speak for myself and tell you I wish the man had not broken the record in the manner that he had to and cast a pall over the game and a cherished record.

As far as Babe Ruth, the man outhomered entire teams by himself, so I feel comfortable in saying that his measure was one of the all time greats, regardless of who was pitching.

I won't begrudge you your want to cheer the record. Please don't begrudge my want to not recognize it with gusto.

Well said SD...very well said

POTW nom!

Great post!

I'm happy for Barry, now he can finish out this year, and retire in peace.

I'm not so sure he's going to retire after this season. They said this morning that he is 85 hits away from 3,000. He won't reach that this season so he may at least play part of next season to reach that milestone as well. Not to mention that he is very close to the top in RBIs. If I were him I would stick it out until I owned every last record. If people already hate you, you might as well make them REALLY hate you. :)

so someone can't come up with a stance opposite the one you came up with and still have his/her own mind? I see how it is exactly, the only way someone can have an open mind is if they agree with you.

Did you even read the post I quoted?

He said that the only reason people taking the "for Bonds" stance took it just to be different and to get attention. If he has the right to tell me "why" I think a certain way, then I certainly have the right to tell him "why" he thinks a certain way as well.

Archived