Will anyone beat the Patriots***?

Jetsfan80

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crazy talk. I am all for being a jets homer, believe me i am, but we are not beating them. And if the Vagiants beat them i am slitting my wrist in a bathtub full of blue colored beer.

Crazy talk?

Absolutely......... guilty as charged.

It's the only talk I have left right now.

Hey Irish Jet.

Pigs do fly here.

At least....I think I saw one.

cheers,

d

The Steelers lost to the Cardinals a month ago.

MNF is about the Ravens being awful, not the Steelers being invincible.

Invincible???

Did I say that???

The Ravens have been bad no doubt but I've been impressed with the Steelers all year. Remember they a have a 1st year HC and are improving every week. They are a hell of a team and have been through most of the season.

I've read quite a few people saying they'd even bet that the Steelers, and even the Giants, will beat the Patriots. Someone even said they'd take the Giants winning by 10. I'll take all of this action. Be serious. Either team could beat the Patriots, even at Foxboro I guess, but no sane person would bet their hard-earned money on it. There's a difference between hopeing the Patriots will lose and claiming willingness to "bet" that they will.

As for the Pats-Colts playoff rematch, Harrison will obviously improve the Colts. But homefield advantage and better officiating will obviously help the Pats. That game showed us that the Pats are not invincible, but it did not show us that the Colts have an advantage anytime soon.

I think the Steelers have a real good shot. Who cares where the game is played? Hell, the Steelers won EVERY road playoff game just two seasons ago. Just about every Steelers/Pats game is nip tuck too. If Ben gets the ball last, the patsy streak ends.

More importantly though, i'd rather be the team that sends them home come playoff time. That'd really make my year. :)

I think the Steelers have a real good shot. Who cares where the game is played? Hell, the Steelers won EVERY road playoff game just two seasons ago. Just about every Steelers/Pats game is nip tuck too. If Ben gets the ball last, the patsy streak ends.

More importantly though, i'd rather be the team that sends them home come playoff time. That'd really make my year. :)

and alot of Jets fans as well. :P

would love to see it

but a team that loses on road to Az and Den.... do not see it happening.

maybe harrison takes out Cindy with an atomic Knee drop;)

Doesn't matter who the Steelers lost to. Every team has bumps in the road. Tomlin will have that team ready and that team will be as physical with the Pats as anyone can be.

Just curious as to why so many think the Giants have a shot too. I don't think they have enough O to beat any of the top 5 AFC teams, let alone the patsy's.

Doesn't matter who the Steelers lost to. Every team has bumps in the road. Tomlin will have that team ready and that team will be as physical with the Pats as anyone can be.

Just curious as to why so many think the Giants have a shot too. I don't think they have enough O to beat any of the top 5 AFC teams, let alone the patsy's.

The Patriots already beat themself in my eyes by Cheating... May the ** ** alongside the Patriots live 4ever...** **

Year in and year out the Steelers are the most over-rated piece of crap team ever, with the luckiest, most over-rated QB ever. Put it this way, I'm more worried about Buffalo than the Steelers.

Speaking of Buffalo - Is Juron coaching out of his mind or what? With all the injuries that team has suffered - they are playing extremely well.

I agree, the Giants are probably the most overrated team in the league. The Jets should have beaten them (thank you Dyson & Chad) and I'm just not that impressed.

Year in and year out the Steelers are the most over-rated piece of crap team ever, with the luckiest, most over-rated QB ever. Put it this way, I'm more worried about Buffalo than the Steelers.

Want to explain why they're overated????

They have been a consistently Tough, physical and an overall great team.

Most overated QB ever???

Did you see him vs Baltimore this week????

How can you back that up, if anthing Ben is underated. There isn't one QB who can avoid tackles like Ben and even when he is contacted he can still make great plays. IMO he is the best QB in the league when pressured.

The only bad season Roethlisberger has had in this league he was injured.

Yah, I saw some of the game and I stand by my statement. The Ravens suck out loud and are living on reputation alone. Any team that gives up five td passes by that over-rated piece of crap QB blows. I also watched the Sunday night game a few weeks ago where Pitt looked awful against an awful team. Yes, Pitt - "they name is consistently mediocre and inconsistent and I will convince the world that my defense punches people in the mouth." I think that team is the biggest fraud in the league.

Did you watch the SB they won? Worthlessburger had a qb rating of 19% - are you kidding me?

I will never understand the Pitt love. I friggin' hate 'em. Can you tell? :)

Yah, I saw some of the game and I stand by my statement. The Ravens suck out loud and are living on reputation alone. Any team that gives up five td passes by that over-rated piece of crap sucks blows. I also watched the Sunday night game a few weeks ago where Pitt looked awful against an awful team. Yes, Pitt - they name is consistently mediocre and inconsistent and I will convince the world that my defense punches people in the mouth. I think that team is the biggest fraud in the league.

Did you watch the SB they won? Worthlessburger had a qb rating of 19% - are you kidding me?

nope;)

Want to explain why they're overated????

They have been a consistently Tough, physical and an overall great team.

Most overated QB ever???

Did you see him vs Baltimore this week????

How can you back that up, if anthing Ben is underated. There isn't one QB who can avoid tackles like Ben and even when he is contacted he can still make great plays. IMO he is the best QB in the league when pressured.

The only bad season Roethlisberger has had in this league he was injured.

Thats the best post i've seen in a while.

Hey Garby, put tommy boy behind the Steeler O-line and watch him panick like a schoolgirl QB that he is. Well, Peyton too for that matter. Hell, give Ben a Randy Moss and he'd already have the TD record that tommy and peyton seem to adore so much. Life must be great getting that kind of protection most of the time. Neither of those 2 have the moxy and escapability that Ben possesses.

Oh yeah, look at some game film of the Steeler D. Surely you are a bit jealous of the physical nature that football is actually meant to be played. i'd have way more respect for tommy boy, had he accepted football as a physical game instead of pagentry (sp).

:)

Just for Garb (not that she'd read it, but eh, a guy can only try). :)

Big Ben set to take run at records

Ben Roethlisberger's record-setting passing pace suggests he will push his way onto future all-time Steelers teams, giving Terry Bradshaw some company at quarterback.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

20071107mfsteelers_10_500.jpg

Matt Freed/Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger threw five touchdown passes in the first half against the Ravens.

The old guy who came down from the TV booth Monday night drew the loudest ovation when the all-time team of the Steelers 75th Season was introduced at Heinz Field.

The reaction from the crowd might have been louder had there been two quarterbacks selected to the all-time team instead of one. Ben Roethlisberger would have given Terry Bradshaw a run for his money.

steelerslogo75.gifSunday

• Game: Browns (5-3) vs. Steelers (6-2), 1 p.m.
  • Where: Heinz Field.
  • TV: KDKA.

In fact, he is. Roethlisberger's record-tying five touchdown passes Monday, all in the first half, lifted his total to a career-high 20 halfway through the season. That puts him on pace to shatter Bradshaw's Steelers record of 28 set during their third Super Bowl season of 1978.

Roethlisberger, who has a bruised hip that won't keep him out of the game Sunday against Cleveland, has the second-best passer rating in the NFL at 111.9, behind Tom Brady's 131.8. His 20 touchdown passes are second to Brady's 33.

A generation after Bradshaw's retirement, the Steelers finally have a worthy successor at quarterback.

A few years from now, that all-time team could look outdated because Roethlisberger was not on it. Monday, he leaped over three more former Steelers quarterbacks to become the second-most prolific touchdown thrower in their history with 72. It's a far cry from Bradshaw's record 212 over 14 seasons but Roethlisberger, at 25, is just warming up.

He certainly is off to a faster start than the popular Bradshaw, a Hall of Famer and two-time Super Bowl MVP with four rings. Bradshaw, like Roethlisberger a starter as a rookie, threw 41 touchdown passes in his first four seasons and had 73 interceptions.

Bradshaw played on a rebuilding team his first few years, and the style of play was much different than it is today. Still, Roethlisberger's stats from his 3 1/2 seasons are impressive stacked next to the man known as the Blonde Bomber. Roethlisberger has thrown 72 touchdown passes and 49 interceptions.

QB comparison

Here's a look at the stats for Bradshaw and Roethlisberger in their first four seasons:

Big Ben

Stat.

Bradshaw

Games

Completions

Attempts

Comp. %

Yards

Touchdowns

Interceptions

He is on pace for 40 touchdowns this season, something previously considered beyond reach playing on a team that traditionally prefers to run. Peyton Manning holds the NFL record with 49, although Brady seems destined to erase that. Coach Mike Tomlin said he is not surprised by Roethlisberger's pace.

"He has all the physical talent," Tomlin said yesterday. "He's big. He's strong. He's mobile. He can make any throw on the field. He's a smart guy.

"He looks like the 11th pick in the draft. Those guys have all the physical skills. Then the question is: Do they have the intangibles? That's what I was interested in and that's what I've been impressed with thus far from him."

Tomlin likes to say he was not here last year, so he did not know what occurred, but Roethlisberger has taken more of a leadership role in the offense. Coordinator Bruce Arians told his quarterback in the spring it was Roethlisberger's offense and invited him to help rework the playbook and involved him more in the game plan.

"I've only been here one year," Tomlin said. "Those leadership kinds of things don't really show themselves during the offseason. Live bullets have to be flying for those things to be showing themselves. I sensed those characteristics in him back in the spring, but he's confirming them now."

Tomlin was taken to task by some when he put Roethlisberger back into the game in the fourth quarter after he missed 1 1/2 series with a hip injury that occurred when Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs shoved him out of bounds after he completed a pass.

Why risk it with the Steelers ahead 35-7? Tomlin said Monday night that Roethlisberger was persuasive, and Roethlisberger said he wanted to return because his "guys," particularly the offensive linemen, were still on the field.

Roethlisberger might have had a sixth touchdown pass because Santonio Holmes streaked wide open on a post as the quarterback was sacked. Tomlin took him out in favor of Charlie Batch after that series.

Yesterday, the coach said he had no second thoughts about putting him back into the game.

"He got complete medical clearance from our medical staff," Tomlin said. "He had a desire to do it. He's a competitor. This is a competitive game played by competitive men, coached by competitive men. Guys walk on the field; they desire to walk off the field. I wanted to give him that."

Roethlisberger again excelled in another area Monday night -- on third down. Three of his first four touchdown passes came on third down. He ranks second in the NFL with a 117.6 passer rating on third downs, and his 10.23-yard average on third-down attempts tops every quarterback in the league.

"As the kitchen gets hot, the chefs display themselves," is how Tomlin explained it.

And Roethlisberger is cooking up some kind of season, perhaps the best of any Steelers quarterback.

Yah, I saw some of the game and I stand by my statement. The Ravens suck out loud and are living on reputation alone. Any team that gives up five td passes by that over-rated piece of crap QB blows. I also watched the Sunday night game a few weeks ago where Pitt looked awful against an awful team. Yes, Pitt - "they name is consistently mediocre and inconsistent and I will convince the world that my defense punches people in the mouth." I think that team is the biggest fraud in the league.

pittsburgh plays smashmouth football

you'll be eating your words in a few weeks garbie baby

Paul! How ya been man? Where have you been? Are you coming to the game next week? If so, we have to have a beer.:beer:

Been good Joe and u? Can't afford the trip next week but make up a cool sign so i can see ya's on TV! Only have limited internet time left in me today, was hoping to give the patsy fan some more sh!t. LOL

Been good Joe and u? Can't afford the trip next week but make up a cool sign so i can see ya's on TV! Only have limited internet time left in me today, was hoping to give the patsy fan some more sh!t. LOL

Been good man. Sucks that you can't make it. You need to find a way to get rid of the busy part of your life and spend more time on JN attacking Garb.:P

Uncle Ben better than Brady? You have got to be freakin' kidding me. And some people here think Vince Young is overrated.

Whoever doesn't think Vince Young is over-rated isn't allowed to be part of the human race.

Now LenDale White and the Tennessee defense, thats a player and a unit that are vastly UNDER-RATED.

Uncle Ben better than Brady? You have got to be freakin' kidding me. And some people here think Vince Young is overrated.

Honest to Gawd, Alk! The problem is, Pitt fans actually beleive it. Jets fans are just bustin' balls.

Another thing - that over-pursuing Troy "Big Hair" Palamalu can be so easily contained if most of the HC's 1) knew what they were doing and 2) had enough talent to work with.

We Pitt fans see Big Ben week in and week out. We've just past the half way point and his stats compare very favorable to those of a Brady and Manning. He has as many rings as Peyton and 2 less than Tommy, big woop? Oh yeah, he's younger and not quite hit his prime yet as well. Thats a negative? Me thinks u patsy fans don't want to respect Big Ben because gosh he looks eerily similar to someone close to you whom you think is the GOAT.

Get over yourselves, Brady is great but guess what? He has competition. Get used to it.

We Pitt fans see Big Ben week in and week out. We've just past the half way point and his stats compare very favorable to those of a Brady and Manning. He has as many rings as Peyton and 2 less than Tommy, big woop? Oh yeah, he's younger and not quite hit his prime yet as well. Thats a negative? Me thinks u patsy fans don't want to respect Big Ben because gosh he looks eerily similar to someone close to you whom you think is the GOAT.

Get over yourselves, Brady is great but guess what? He has competition. Get used to it.

Big Ben 'aint that big. Without a running game he sucks. Brady hasn't really had a ruinning game his entire career.

Pitt fans needs to get in touch with some reality. Seek help.

Big Ben 'aint that big. Without a running game he sucks. Brady hasn't really had a ruinning game his entire career.

Pitt fans needs to get in touch with some reality. Seek help.

Seek factual stats before u post this crap.

You claim to have watched the game monday night yet made that statement? If the Steelers had a running game against that D i'd surely have been a happy camper. Ben was on that game. His throws were crisp, his reads were accurate, his mobility awesome, despite NO run game support. Ya wanna know why he wins when throwing under 25 passes? EFFECTIVENESS. He gets more out of his passes than just about anyone. Look at his yards per pass stat.

I'm not gonna say that he's better than a brady or manning, but to deny the young man his rightful place amongst the leagues elite is wrong imo. We Steeler fans at least recognize other teams players achievements. :P

Archived