If Kellen continues to perform the same do we still pass on Ryan in the draft???

CoachTsurfing

Kellen had a nice game and I think he will continue to do about what he is doing now. My question is, if Ryan from BC is the next great thing at QB, I'm talking Manning like, do we pass on him? Kellen (ave. QB) vs. Ryan (manning like) Please remember this is hypothetical. But I do believe this has a chance happen.

Kellen had a nice game and I think he will continue to do about what he is doing now. My question is, if Ryan from BC is the next great thing at QB, I'm talking Manning like, do we pass on him? Kellen (ave. QB) vs. Ryan (manning like) Please remember this is hypothetical. But I do believe this has a chance happen.

Ryan will not be the next Mannining... Maybe the next Ryan Leaf... But not the next P.Manning...

If D.McFadden is on the board when the Jets Select... Thats who the Jets must go after, a play maker to play alongside of Kellen and Cotch for years to come.

i still believe that Kellen can still be Manning like, lets not forget hes only entering his 3rd start. Manning's first season as a starter wasnt what we call Manning like.

I would like to think a QB wont be a draft issue for us and for some reason it is I would like to see Ryan ahead of the Brohms and Woodsons.

What makes you think Ryan is Manning like???

No!!!

We don't take him under any circumstances. Even if Kellen does start to struggle we have way too many problems for QB to become an issue.

Remember the last BC Qb we took?? I DO.

We need a franchise rb, so if mcfadden is the real thing I am all for it.

I remember watching footage of A Peterson and was hoping we would go for him but apparently the FO didn't feel the same way.

When will this suffering stop??:bag:

I remember watching footage of A Peterson and was hoping we would go for him but apparently the FO didn't feel the same way.

When will this suffering stop??:bag:[

Glen Foley was in the 7th round I believe, not an analagous situation. I do believe, though, that Clemens is potentially better than any QB in next years draft.

Look at alot of the great teams in the past... Most of them have a tripple threat on Offense... A Qb, Rb, Wr.

Cowboys of the 90's- Aikman, Smith, Irving

Colts- Manning, Edge, Harrison

If the Jets can draft D.McFadden... We have Clemens/DMC/Cotchery

Agreed, but if Clemens isn't part of the triple threat, then we need a QB more then a RB. I am not really sold on Mcfadden. He has put up great numbers, but it's been against teams that aren't that great. I want to see how well he runs in the bowl game before I say take him. And even he did do really well I think our lines are in more need of a playmaker then Rb.

This is going to be the true test for Kellen. He will not only be starting back to back games for the first time in his NFL career, but the back to back games will be played in 5 days. It is going to be interesting to see how Kellen performs with just two days of practice before Dallas. The remaining part of the schedule, minus the Miami game, Kellen will be playing teams that are .500 or better. Should be fun to watch at least.

Kellen is the future of the New York Jets. Matt Ryan is not. Where has Matt Ryan been prior to 2007? He wasn't anything great in 2006, IMO. No thanks on him and no thanks on Andre Woodson either.

Jets need Defensive help and Offensive Line help. Not a Quarterback.

This is going to be the true test for Kellen. He will not only be starting back to back games for the first time in his NFL career, but the back to back games will be played in 5 days. It is going to be interesting to see how Kellen performs with just two days of practice before Dallas. The remaining part of the schedule, minus the Miami game, Kellen will be playing teams that are .500 or better. Should be fun to watch at least.

Kellen is the future of the New York Jets. Matt Ryan is not. Where has Matt Ryan been prior to 2007? He wasn't anything great in 2006, IMO. No thanks on him and no thanks on Andre Woodson either.

understatement of the century. We need to stock pile day one picks from the 4th overall that i have a feeling we will be walking into (again).

understatement of the century. We need to stock pile day one picks from the 4th overall that i have a feeling we will be walking into (again).

Yep. If one of the top two, three or four teams (I'm thinking we'll be in the Top 5) doesn't either take McFadden or trade with another team so that they can take him, we need to find a team to trade with and stockpile picks. Any team in the draft have two 1st round picks? Yeah, Dallas, but they have Jones and Barber, so no luck there, unless they're looking for a LT (Jake Long).

Now that is something I'd like to see if we don't feel the need to take a QB with our first pick. I'd love to trade down a bit for Baker or another o linemen or perhaps trade just a little and still get Long.

Yep. If one of the top two, three or four teams (I'm thinking we'll be in the Top 5) doesn't either take McFadden or trade with another team so that they can take him, we need to find a team to trade with and stockpile picks. Any team in the draft have two 1st round picks? Yeah, Dallas, but they have Jones and Barber, so no luck there, unless they're looking for a LT (Jake Long).

NE had two, lost the one for the cheating thing. They still have the 49ers pick. That's really all we need, the niners to go on a slide giving NE a top 5 pick where they some how snake DMC.

I can't picture a much worse scenerio.

Thats not true apparently Jones is absolutley in love with McFadden. We might be able to pull that trade.

Also what is with everybody overhyping every player in this draft. Either its McFadden will be better than Adrian Peterson or Matt Ryan is the next manning etc. I doubt any of those players will live up to your hype and we should avoid both.

Thats not true apparently Jones is absolutley in love with McFadden. We might be able to pull that trade.

Also what is with everybody overhyping every player in this draft. Either its McFadden will be better than Adrian Peterson or Matt Ryan is the next manning etc. I doubt any of those players will live up to your hype and we should avoid both.

To Tangini's credit, they don't seem to be too involved with player hype.

We did not take Olsen, Bush, Leinart, Cutler or Young, which were all talked up before the draft. The players we took in their stead have out preformed each (assuming we would have had to give up mangold, brick and maybe leon to have gotten Young or Bush).

If there is one thing i can say about this CS, they know how to draft.

To Tangini's credit, they don't seem to be too involved with player hype.

We did not take Olsen, Bush, Leinart, Cutler or Young, which were all talked up before the draft. The players we took in their stead have out preformed each (assuming we would have had to give up mangold, brick and maybe leon to have gotten Young or Bush).

If there is one thing i can say about this CS, they know how to draft.

u forget about to 3rd rd bombs Schelegal and Smith

needed to draft OL, not character stiffs in 3rd rd

i still like having smith...schlegal was a waste, no question there.

That was a draft we took mangold and brick. how many more linemen did you want?

As 07 goes, we should have been all over grubbs or blalock.

Matt Ryan is nothing more than a flash in the pan. I will laugh at the team that actually blows a 1st rounder on him.

When will this suffering stop??:bag:

It's kind of hard to draft a guy who will clearly be a top 10 pick when you have the 25th pick. You aren't seriously blaming the FO for not drafting him are you?

If Kellen Clemens starts playing like the 1999 Rick Mirer, we STILL pass on Ryan.

That guy has to be so overrated it's not funny. All I see is poor decisions under pressure and an arm that makes Pennington look like John Elway.

LOL...some of you guys make me laugh and that's needed for this type of season. We only need defensive and offensive help when Clemens is under center...not when Pennington was.

I sure hope Clemens is everything you think he is because when push comes to shove and this guy is nothing more than a Jaworski promoter, the "same old Jets" theme will be fun to watch...you guys forget that Jaws also said Andre Ware was a can't miss QB in the NFL.

It would make absolutely no sense to take a QB unless Clemens does terrible the rest of the season. If he continues at his current pace than that's more than enough to justify staying with him.

And since when is Ryan the next Manning?? Please explain that one to me. Clemens probably has more talent than him.

True, Ryan didn't hit the scene until this year, but Brohm has been on the radar for 3 years and this year he has not been what I'd call stellar. Here's another idea. Take Mcfadden, one of the Long's or trade down and stock pile. Then if Kellen turns out to be nothing more then a Jawarski wanna be, then we target Tebow out of Florida.

True, Ryan didn't hit the scene until this year, but Brohm has been on the radar for 3 years and this year he has not been what I'd call stellar. Here's another idea. Take Mcfadden, one of the Long's or trade down and stock pile. Then if Kellen turns out to be nothing more then a Jawarski wanna be, then we target Tebow out of Florida.

Now, we're talking.

Archived